PDA

View Full Version : halo too big for feedneck

hodni_sania
01-11-2007, 03:44 AM
I just bought a smoke Halo B w/rip and the neck is too big for my ndz twistlock feedneck. Can I sand the neck to make it smaller without hurting the hopper(make the neck too weak) or do i have to buy a new feedneck?

PumaPride04
01-11-2007, 05:20 AM
yes you can sand it down just not to much to were you damage the eyes

shunut
01-11-2007, 06:57 AM
I've sanded down the feedneck on my Halo B and it is a long process. Personally I'd just go with a different' feedneck. I'd go with a New Designz Pro-Lock Feedneck or a CCM feedneck, bot should be able to handle your Halo B.

El Duche
01-11-2007, 08:24 PM
hybrid suicide shell would work too. they have a smller neck size than the stock shell. I got it to fit into the feedneck on my E-99 after removing one of the o rings. the other thing is if it works like a twister and has a plastic collar completely remove the top part andput that on. if the collar will fit by itself and you can get the top of the feedneck on getting it to clamp should then be a matter of not cross threading it.

timmyshoota
01-11-2007, 09:33 PM
The easiest thing would be to sand it. What I do is just sand it lightly, and then check, and just keep going until it fits. Just do a little at a time, so you don't do too much.

I wouldn't worry about damaging anything, or weakening the neck. You aren't gonna take that much off.

Hoppy11
01-11-2007, 09:37 PM
If you are going to sand it down, the easiest way to do it is to wrap sand paper around the feedneck of the halo and then grab the sand paper and either twist your hand or the halo. And like what was said above check it quite often so you don't take to much off.

Muddytaco
01-12-2007, 08:39 AM
If you are going to sand it down, the easiest way to do it is to wrap sand paper around the feedneck of the halo and then grab the sand paper and either twist your hand or the halo.

That is the easiest way to do, just make sure you wear gloves. I had massive blisters after doing mine from the sandpaper being kind of loose and rubbing on my hand. I would also start with a low grit sandpaper to get it smaller faster then go to a higher grit as you get closer to the size needed.

RIpaintballer
01-13-2007, 06:46 PM
You could return it or just buy a new feeding neck.

Just here to help. :D
-Me