PDA

View Full Version : spring kit

hkyhead13
01-10-2007, 08:54 PM
I was wondering how much a spring kit can change the psi of the pilot acs because I was looking into getting a bob long torpedo reg and saw that the psi only goes up to 600 or am I wrong here.

MVS1
01-10-2007, 09:11 PM
spring kit doesn't change the psi, the main spring it changes the fps, where the valve spring changes the tension on your caupseal and valve pin. stiffer main spring increases your fps, where the valve spring effects the duration of how long your valve pin is open. another thing to consider is if you have a stock vertical adapter (VA) you can't put a torpedo on your marker because it requires a VA with ASA threads to mount it. You can either get a 15* Assualt block, trinity front block and put the torpedo on that or drill out your stock VA and get a bottomline reg. Some will say that a bottomline reg isn't as good as a vertical reg, and for all practical purposes their right, however I use a AMG bottomline reg and it flows/recharges adequately to operate my pilot at 250-275 psi and keeps up with my t-board at 23 bps.

hkyhead13
01-10-2007, 09:14 PM
ok thanks for the help