PDA

View Full Version : vs2 eyes question

woodsballin4life
01-10-2007, 12:54 PM
will the gun dry shoot with no air or paint in it with eyes on? and will it dry fire with just air no paint with eyes on?

clickclicksplat
01-10-2007, 01:32 PM
will the gun dry shoot with no air or paint in it with eyes on? and will it dry fire with just air no paint with eyes on?

If the marker is decocked without air or paint, pulling the trigger will still trip the sear because the eyes think the decocked bolt is a paintball. If you cock the gun, you have to turn the eyes off to fire. The bolt will go, but it won't recock or do more then roll out of the barrel without air.

woodsballin4life
01-10-2007, 01:34 PM
yea but wat im asking is..that if i have no air or paint..and cock it...and turn eyes on and cock the bolt is it supposed to be able to shoot?

YouveBeenBunk'D
01-10-2007, 02:03 PM
absolutly not
that is the whole point of the eyes
they are there to detect a ball
if there is nothing there it will not trip the sear and uncock the bolt
if there is no air the bolt will still go foward without air because of spring tension
but only if your eyes are turned off
so to answer your question NO lol

woodsballin4life
01-10-2007, 05:47 PM
ok then i think there is sumtin wrong with my eyes..i just got my gun liek 2 weeks ago..and when i have eyes on and gun on but no tank or paint in it...i can still fire the bolt...can u offer a solution in fixing or am i screwed

clickclicksplat
01-10-2007, 06:38 PM
You may have stripped the wires at some point if you've removed/replaced the eye covers at all...

woodsballin4life
01-10-2007, 06:40 PM
nope...im pretty sure it was able to do tat even the first day i got it..

woodsballin4life
01-10-2007, 06:41 PM
umm how can i check if its stripped?

bigred76
01-10-2007, 09:32 PM
If you look at the complete eye wire harness, it should not have any kinks/squished bits. Also, make sure it is completely connected to the circuit board. Another issue might be that they are not aligning properly, so if you take them out of the body and connect them and point them at each other from a short distance (like, right next to each other), it's a problem with the eyes. Although I don't believe that they have a problem with aligning, if they won't work when right next to each other and are properly hooked up, it's obviously a problem with the eyes, and I'd call Kingman. They might just hook you up with a replacement/fix. :) Their number is: 1 (888) KINGMAN.

Hope this helps you sort out your issues with your VS2!

Side note: if you notice you left something out of a post right after you put it up, click the edit button. ;) Makes it a bit less crowded in here.

woodsballin4life
01-11-2007, 12:26 PM
ok ill chekc it out and post back thanks

woodsballin4life
01-11-2007, 01:20 PM
ok i just called...they said i just gotta get my warranty **** in and then theyll send me new eyes.

But um quick question...the warranty..it will cover my gun no matter where i bought it right? even if i didnt buy it like from the kingman site or by calling them up?

bigred76
01-11-2007, 09:52 PM
It is a Kingman made marker, so they will have it under warantee if it was bought new, or was bought new within a year. Just fill out the forms, and send them in. It's fairly simple paperwork, just fill it out as correctly as possible so they know who you are and thus can help you out the best they possibly can. :)

Good luck with your marker!

tweak
01-12-2007, 04:57 AM
Make your you put the eyes in the right hole/ make sure that the green light is lit and not half lit.

woodsballin4life
01-12-2007, 04:01 PM
how do i know when they recievie the papers..they send me sumtin back? email me? call me?

bigred76
01-12-2007, 10:32 PM
Uh, good question. I personally haven't turned in a warantee sheet for any of my markers because I don't need them. :crazy: I'd give it a week and change, then call them up again. ;)

Hob Hayward
01-13-2007, 07:51 AM
Yeah, I think I lost my warrantee card pretty quickly... Not sure what happened to it. I would advise anyone who owns a VS to keep their warrantee card though, there are definitely more problems with the VS than any other spyder.