PDA

View Full Version : bro needs help deciding

daskyman
01-10-2007, 12:38 PM
hey guys my little brother is taking after me and has decided to purchase a paintball gun and of course he asks me what to buy and pbreview.com is unrelaiable (mixed reviews), and i personally have only shot a cutom 98, and a-5, a spyder pilot, and my mr2. and he is leaning towards more of a milsim tactical marker that he can upgrade over time, what u guys think he should get? i told him an a-5 but i wanted to hear your opinion on it too, cuz my buddy has an a-5 and he likes it alot. thanks alot guys. oh and the only reason he isnt getting an mr2 is cuz he thinks it would be weird if we had the same gun, but if i cant convince him to get an mr2 what do you think the best gun would b thanks.

Glasher
01-10-2007, 12:49 PM
Costum 98 is a pretty awesome gun and it's not that pricey but A5 is just insaly good and costumable so...

daskyman
01-10-2007, 12:50 PM
yeah well he has 500 bucks so i think he will end up with the a-5, sadly not the mr2

Jarhead
01-10-2007, 04:30 PM
hey guys my little brother is taking after me and has decided to purchase a paintball gun and of course he asks me what to buy and pbreview.com is unrelaiable (mixed reviews), and i personally have only shot a cutom 98, and a-5, a spyder pilot, and my mr2. and he is leaning towards more of a milsim tactical marker that he can upgrade over time, what u guys think he should get? i told him an a-5 but i wanted to hear your opinion on it too, cuz my buddy has an a-5 and he likes it alot. thanks alot guys. oh and the only reason he isnt getting an mr2 is cuz he thinks it would be weird if we had the same gun, but if i cant convince him to get an mr2 what do you think the best gun would b thanks.

I would reccomend the MR2 but if he wants something he can customize and Milsim, which isn't a awesome MR2 then the new Tippman X7 is a way to go. I like the way it is built modular.

newkid
01-10-2007, 05:12 PM
A-5 definately espeacialy for a milsim look, 98 is a good choice too since there are a lot of milsim upgrades for them

tygger91
01-10-2007, 05:38 PM
Look into the new X7 Tippmann. It's a really good gun with 20 bps out of the box with the stock hopper. Comes with a bunch of available upgrades and mods.

really good gun. Going to be my 3rd one soon.

wylde01
01-10-2007, 06:47 PM
yea ive looked at the X7 before. i just got to come up with the 300 dollar price tag first!

darth massacre
01-10-2007, 06:54 PM
A-5s and X7s are good. But so 98s seem to be relatively problem free.

BOOstGhost
01-10-2007, 09:10 PM
X7 FTW, some kid had one with an e-grip where I played this weekend. I was very impressed and this is coming from a three time A-5 owner.