PDA

View Full Version : pulse batteries?

Razorback
01-10-2007, 08:33 AM
I understand that the Pulse Loader uses 6 AA in the little box they give you but how do you load 2 9V batteries. Do you have to buy something extra?

Thanks Joe

badlandsrox
01-19-2007, 10:12 PM
to use 9V batteries on a pulse loader, all u need to do, is pop them in, as you would in any other electronic device that uses 9 volt batteries, they just snap in.

bamf-hacker
01-20-2007, 02:27 AM
if you want to use two 9v's will need an adapter to go from one 9v connector to two of them.

Look in the BST people sell them sometimes or you could go to the SHACK and pick up the parts needed to make your own.

68vs2
01-20-2007, 02:57 AM
if you want to use two 9v's will need an adapter to go from one 9v connector to two of them.

Look in the BST people sell them sometimes or you could go to the SHACK and pick up the parts needed to make your own.

I just picked up a pulse and I know you can disconnect the 6 AA pack and just hook up 1 9v...but to hook up 2 9v....I think you need to go to radio shack ......go to www.dxspulse.com to download the manual...

wbpaintball
01-20-2007, 05:57 AM
If you wanna use 9 vvolt batteries you may have to buy the little plugs that you plug the batteries into. Thats what i had to buy on my egg so try it. You can find the plug things at your local hardware stor or at an electronics store

Nenkitsune
01-20-2007, 06:12 AM
why would you want to hook up 2 9v's to it? wouldn't that hurt it (since it only runs on 9 volts to begin with

MVS1
01-20-2007, 07:06 AM
You can make the adapter easy enough with parts from radioshack, the really important thing to do is make sure you hook them together in parallel and not in series.
Parallel=voltage remains 9v, current doubles. Red wires tied together, black wires tied together.
Series=voltage doubles (18v) and current remains the same. Red to black, red to black, red to black, in a loop.
I don't know if running the pulse at 18v will damage the electronics or motor, and I'm not willing to try experimenting, and definitely voiding the warranty, on a $150 hopper. The only thing gained by running 2 9v's instead of one is that you will have to change out the batteries less often, however the longevity of the batteries will be the same.

leed
01-21-2007, 11:14 AM
why would you want to hook up 2 9v's to it? wouldn't that hurt it (since it only runs on 9 volts to begin with

The 9V don't run down as quickly, and are lighter. That's the only reason why.