View Full Version : pressure gauge on TL-R?

01-10-2007, 03:42 AM
I'm pretty new to the paintball scene. I just bought a TL-R from my friend and I was just wondering what is the best way to get a pressure gauge on it. Like what part/s would I need to get? It's the gauge that goes right above the expansion chamber. Thanks.

01-13-2007, 08:18 AM
You could drill your own gauge holes as shown HERE (http://www.ottersccustoms.com/gaugemnt.html). You could also buy an after market VA. The 2 most popular ones are the Trinity (http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/4214/) and the Check it Products (http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/1464/) VA's. Both are really good and they have wider holes for better airflow. Its up to your marker holding preference. The trinity one has the regulator going inward and the CIP one has it going ******d. Hope this helped.

01-13-2007, 08:24 AM
hey thanks alot, that helped. Exactly what I was wondering!

Hob Hayward
01-13-2007, 08:26 AM
Alex linked you to the right aftermarket parts, but if you have the right tools and feel comfortable doing it, you can drill and tap for the gauge yourself. http://www.ottersccustoms.com/gaugemnt.html

I followed otter's directions to do my VA. Came out pretty well.

There is one other option aswell, you could buy a different ASA (where the tank screws in) some of them have ports for gauges. If you do buy one though you'll have to make sure you either get one made for a spyder or get an adapter block that allows you to use other ASAs.

01-13-2007, 08:50 AM
I looked at the links you gave, I like the check it products VA. But I go to their website and it's just a welcome page, no products. Do you know where I can get one at? Thanks.

01-13-2007, 12:39 PM
You can try the Sales Corner here in this wesite. PBNation also has some good deals. that is, if you want the item used but cheaper.

01-14-2007, 02:13 PM
I've got a Spyder TL-R too. I got mine about two years ago and have upgraded it a considerable amount since then.
But this looks like it would be a quick and easy way to get a gauge on your vertical adapter. I was thinking about getting one but then I got an air tank and that solved the problem of wondering if I was about to run out of air because I could just look at the gauge on the tank.

Vertical Adapter w/Gauge:
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=VNCMpYMQQieMssa64h1MDYm2a0aYrQKhVwU=?Pro ductID=RU3AqArb1IAAAAEL_1GSKmLo

P.S. Action Village is a great place to buy from.

01-15-2007, 03:20 PM
Hey guys thanks for the links and info...I ended up buying a Check it Products 15 degree frontblock with place for a gauge and I got a 32 degrees 0-1200psi gauge. Thanks!

This is the link to the frontblock I got.

This is the link to the gauge I got. (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=003&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=130068863206&rd=1&rd=1)

If anyone knows...all this stuff will work together with my TL-R right?

01-16-2007, 10:56 AM
It will indeed work.

Easy install too... Just take your frame off and take out the screw that holds the V/A in. Switch the V/As and replace the screw. For the gauge, you'll want to wrap the threads in teflon tape and just screw it right on.

01-16-2007, 11:54 AM
IF...when you install the assault block there seems to be a little "rocking" in the block, add a small metal washer to the screw that holds it in place. That will eliminate the rocking

01-16-2007, 01:37 PM
alright, cool! Thanks guys! I'll let you know how it works out or if I have any n00b problems lol.

01-23-2007, 04:01 PM
Hey guys, I got it all installed, turns out it had to get a different expansion chamber to make the frontblock work. So I picked up one from the local pb store. You guys think its good?