PDA

View Full Version : 'lil Help.

Nader
01-10-2007, 12:51 AM
Well I took the jewels off of my Empire shell, and I want to put them on my A-Bomb.

Like this:
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/2236/empirerv7.jpg

But I'm trying to decide on the right adhesive to use. I'm looking for something that won't damage the anno, but will hold fairly tight.

Advice?

Sandman_Bravo
01-10-2007, 03:08 AM
hot glue gun

calebh
01-16-2007, 06:45 PM
duct tape. fixes everything. ;)

yamaha cow
01-16-2007, 07:10 PM
hot glue

vwjimmy
01-16-2007, 07:20 PM
3M makes a double faced adhesive for installing removed auto emblems after paint work. I cannot remember the part # but and auto body supply house would know what you are talking about. It is really just the sticky stuff on a release backing...when you put the logo on it and pick it up, it's like the origonal sticky stuff!!!!
I have removed emblems stuck with this stuff from clear coated automobiles without damaging the finish at all!
Hope this helps man...cause that purple is sweet!
Jim

*EM1-Master*
01-17-2007, 10:52 AM
I know you didn't ask, but I don't like the look :(

As far as adhesive goes, hot glue is the quickest option, because you probably already have it and don't really have to shop around. Not extremely durable hold though...

Then there's the automotive adhesive vwjimmy was talking about. It works really well... I've badged and debadged multiple cars with it with no finish damage...

shunut
01-18-2007, 06:10 AM
Shoe Goo...

Its what I used when I put the jewels back on my spimmy and it worked great, but I agree with EM1, that empire sticker does not look good there.