PDA

View Full Version : tank cover

tnballer
01-09-2007, 05:49 PM
does the tank cover help with keeping the tank from freezing up or is it just to help with keeping the tank stable in ur arm and not sliding around and protection

so i guess my question is what is the real bennefit of a tank cover

and is one tank cover better than another and wich do you suggest

thanks for the input

Hossy
01-09-2007, 05:50 PM
the benifit is to not scratch up your investment....

MVS1
01-10-2007, 09:40 PM
If your using a CO2 tank it will help keep the tank from getting frosted when you firing at a high volume and like Hossy said to protect it from getting scratched up. If you are using a carbon-fiber wrapped tank you definitely want to use a tank wrap because if you gouge the epoxy coating it could effect the integrity of the tank. Turning a $150+ tank into scrap.

bamf-hacker
01-11-2007, 09:53 AM
Be wary though and don't use a cover on a C02 tank in the winter (of course that is if you are in an area that gets cold).

If you do it will act just like a drink coozy does. Once the tank gets cold from shooting fast it will keep it cold. That will keep the C02 from expanding correctly.

Sandman_Bravo
01-11-2007, 03:40 PM
You can also take one of those disposable hand warmers and put it between the cover and tank in the winter to help warm it.

tnballer
01-11-2007, 03:44 PM
never thought of that

should u use 2 or 3 small ones all around the tank or would 1 be good enough

Halucin8
01-11-2007, 05:14 PM
what about those electric socks that run off a 9v battery. we were talking about that last week because we are stuck on co2 out here.

Sandman_Bravo
01-12-2007, 03:16 AM
It would help, in cold temps, to have the expansion chamber warm also. If you got a spike of liquid CO2 when it hit the warm chamber it would vaporize, right? If you took apart one of those heated socks you might be able to wrap/wind the wire around the parts of the gun you want heated, then mount the battery in an inconspicuous place. All this heated parts talk reminds me of snowmobile gear. There are entire suits you plug into the sled that keep you warm.