PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Problem

justgotaquestion
01-09-2007, 05:06 PM
My friends Spyder Pilot wont work...plain and simple. Can anyone help us? I dont know a thing about Spyders, and searched throughout these forums to see if anyone else had this problem. The gun will turn on...normal. It will cycle through all modes and bps limits fine, but when the trigger is pulled on 3, 6, or Auto it automatically flashes the red battery once and safety appears. Semi auto works as long as you dont shoot too fast, but at any speed it does the same thing. I tried the nickel trick and it worked for about 5 minutes after, thinking it was fixed I took the time to put paintballs in and just in that time it quit working again, so I guess the nickel didnt work or moved or who knows what, but i wouldnt think it would be that. The red tourney lock thing is on completely so no chance that its that...so we need some help. Also not the battery, charged it. He also bought a brand new battery and charged it, still didnt work. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

DRAGON
01-09-2007, 05:18 PM
Capacitor, loose wire, who knows? It's pretty tough to diagnose electronics probs with the marker in front of you let alone on the net. I'd contact Kingman and let them fix it -

Sandman_Bravo
01-09-2007, 05:44 PM
charge the battery overnight

justgotaquestion
01-10-2007, 09:26 AM
Its not the battery, I charged it overnight the day that i got it from him. Plugged it up about 5:00 and unplugged next day round 12:00. Not the battery.

Halucin8
01-10-2007, 12:16 PM
it still may be the battery. I jsut went through the same thing on my pilot the other day at the field. i put a 9 volt in and it went away until the 9 volt was dead. which was one game. came home charged it up and the problem is gone. so if you hav charged the battery correctly you may have a bad battery. try a regular 9 volt in the guna nd see if it will do the same. it needs to be new and will not last long but try it out.

MVS1
01-10-2007, 09:29 PM
I could be wrong, however I'm pretty sure I'm not, a regular 9v battery will not work. This problem really sounds like something that needs to addressed under warranty. Email kingman and try that route, if you don't get a respond within a day or so, let me know and I'll give you the email address of one of the tech's I have interacted with in the past that was really on point.

emf7301
01-10-2007, 09:55 PM
A regular alkaline 9v battery will work for roughly 400-500 shots and then it's no good. I did that this weekend when i forgot to charge my gun overnight and only had a few hours charge on it in the morning. The battery went dead on me so i threw in the 9v and it worked for the rest of the time i needed it.

viperx6x9x
01-12-2007, 09:22 PM
try putting a mechanical trigger on it. thats what i did with mine and it works now. i tried everything with that pos camd 2.0 trigger and no worky. mine wouldnt even turn on though no matter what i tried. batteries bypassing the board and wiring the trigger straight to the capacitor solonoid, nothin worked. even sending kingman emails. i sent a few like 6 mpnths ago and still no response.

bigred76
01-12-2007, 10:24 PM
Try calling Kingman if it's a newer marker (normally within 6 months to a year), or even if it's a bit older. They might help you out better than emailing them would. Their number is: 1 (800) KINGMAN. My bet is on a loose wire, bad battery, or a loose board connection. It might just be that one of the voltage regulators/other connections on the board broke off. If it comes down to it, I'd send the marker to Kingman or bring it into my local shop and have them diagnose the problem. They're better supplied for this kind of work normally.

In my experience, CAMD's aren't bad at all.... and I've been around the block a couple times... :crazy: Good luck getting your marker back up and running!

STRIKEFIRST
01-12-2007, 11:27 PM
How old is it?

Call Kingman anyway.

if not PM me...I may have an extra CAMD board...but first I would send it in to Kingman if it's under warranty so the can check everything.

SHWELL
01-31-2007, 11:35 AM
He stated that his friend bought a new battery and that did not work either. It sounds like it is def the board since some of the functions seem to work some of the time. Your buddy hasn't gotten the marker too wet has he???? But as stated above, have him give Kingman a call.