PDA

View Full Version : Dumb question, but how do people get Sponsored?

Abe2112
01-09-2007, 03:59 PM
I was playing Greg hastings paintball tournament game for xbox on xbox live and some prick was trying to tell us all he didn't have to pay for his gun and his paint because he was sponsored. I didn't really believe him but I never understood how someone gets sponsored in the first place.

vikingshadow
01-09-2007, 04:05 PM
Well, there are several ways to go about it. First, practice and play hard and win a couple of tournaments. People are likely to notice you then. Of course, try to get your local field to sponsor you, as well as local businesses. Our first sponsors were NPS, Empire, our local field, a couple of grocery stores, an oil field pipe supplier and a discount store.

Then, build a resume' including pictures of each of your teammates, what they shoot, what they wear, how many tournaments you've played and how you placed, what your goals as a team are and what tournaments you plan to play in the next season. Send it to all the companies you can find. Call them, send them emails and let them know you're interested in being sponsored.

The main mistake everyone makes is thinking they'll be fully sponsored. MOST companies will only offer discounts. No one ever gets a full ride from a big company their first time out, unless you're a super star or something. When we got picked up by Redz, they gave us a discount on uniforms. The next year is was a much better discount on uniforms, plus they offered some other incentives. Empire was the same way. We got picked up by a couple online stores that ALMOST gave us a complete sponsorship, but we still had to use what they wanted us to.

Another thing to do is to support your sponsor 100%. Use their name, advertise for them and plug their products any chance you get. Make sure that your pictures show you guys using their products at all times.

Abe2112
01-09-2007, 04:45 PM
That's awesome. Now I have to find some jerksasses who actually are into paintball, not some kids who play every now and then.