PDA

View Full Version : Co2 or Spyder Problem, Plz Help

linkman_11
01-09-2007, 02:53 PM
I recently got my hands on a barely used stock E-99 Avant and took it to a paintball field, I chronographed the gun at 280 and played a game. During the game, however, I chopped nearly every ball and shot "snow" out my barrel, being unable to continue I took It back to the chronograph and retested, The gun was shooting at 390 FPS. I tried to turn back the guns velocity but could not get it any lower than 360 FPS(After Much Trying). Even removing the velocity screw did not help. HPA works fine in my gun, I tried a friends, and it works at 280 FPS, Is the problem my gun or C02? I don't enough money for a HPA tank right now so I need to know if it is C02 tank that is not working or my gun.
Note: After shooting my gun upside down ten times it shot at 285 but when I
aim my gun down it shoots back at 360-390

avantpaintballer99
01-09-2007, 03:38 PM
that wierd, never heard that one before
ive heard of velocity spikes with co2 but damn
have you tried using a friends c02 tank?
if you know any friends with spyders try taking the air parts off there gun and putting it on yours and troubleshoot it from there.
(thats what i did when my avant had an air leak one time)

wbpaintball
01-09-2007, 04:04 PM
try removing the velocity screw(dont take the entire screw out) and then turning the knob back and put the screw back in. I have the same gun and it worked for me

linkman_11
01-09-2007, 04:05 PM
Yeah, I will try a friends Co2 tank but are problems like these caused by my gun or C02?
Note: It may not help but I have a Heaven 16 oz Co2 Tank (Stock Avant)

linkman_11
01-09-2007, 04:07 PM
What do you mean turning the Knob back? But not taking screw out? Did you have the same problem?

clickclicksplat
01-09-2007, 04:52 PM
Yeah, I will try a friends Co2 tank but are problems like these caused by my gun or C02?
Note: It may not help but I have a Heaven 16 oz Co2 Tank (Stock Avant)
I'm just guessing here, but maybe the regulator on your CO2 tank isn't working right?

If the HPA works fine with the gun, I'd guess the problem isn't with your marker.

Nenkitsune
01-09-2007, 05:36 PM
co2 tanks don't have regulators. they are filled with co2 at 800-900psi, somewhere around there. his problem is, liquid co2 is getting into the gun, filling it and expanding at a rapid rate, causing very very very high velocity spikes (from what i can tell)

MVS1
01-09-2007, 05:56 PM
Where did you get the CO2 tank? IF its used , your symptoms sound like a tank that has been anti-siphoned for a different marker and when applied to your marker is at the bottom of the tank instead of the top, essentially sucking liquid CO2 into your marker. Another thought is that whoever filled your tank over-filled it (a whole lot!!!). Try this install your tank completely on your marker, mark top of valve (on tank) and dry-fire. If it produces tons of snow, unscrew tank 180 degrees (so the mark you put on the tank is on the bottom know) and dry-fire again 10 to 20 times, if the snow stops showing up and instead you see light puff's or ideally nothing at all, then the problem could very well be you got your hands on somebodies anti-siphoned tank that when screwed into your is 180 out. May not be the answer, but ya never know.

linkman_11
01-09-2007, 08:55 PM
Well, I tried dry firing, still getting lots of "snow". I did get the C02 tank used. But what does anti-siphoning mean?

bracer028
01-09-2007, 08:58 PM
anti siphoning shouldn't be the problem...no way...cuz every gun would be better with the anti siphoning tube.

but since you said u used ur friend's co2 tank, maybe it is the gun.

linkman_11
01-09-2007, 09:05 PM
I didn't use a friends Co2 tank, I used a friends HPA tank, and that worked fine. i guess i'll save up for a HPA tank, i wanted one anyway

bracer028
01-09-2007, 09:23 PM
yea thats the best idea.

get one used...look around at the trade forum