PDA

View Full Version : Remote

MR2 Woodsballer
01-09-2007, 08:51 AM
I would like to go remote with my MR2 Any suggestions on what to buy?

Jeffreytah
01-09-2007, 11:20 AM
First I would check your local paintball store and see what they have used... I picked up a used line, the fitting for the gun, plus a belt pack to hold the tank which included 4 pods... all for $30. I would reccomend asking the guy at the store to hook it up to a gun though just to make sure nothing leaks before you buy it. I couldnt tell you what brand any of the stuff is, but I dont know if there is really a difference as far as the actual remote line goes. Good choice with the remote though, it works really well with my gun, doesnt allow any liquid co2 through. Plus the gun feels so much better without a tank on it.

daskyman
01-09-2007, 11:37 AM
well basically remotes are generally priced the same, i would recomend a pmi or 32 degrees, i personally use the 32 degrees deluxe remote with slidecheck. it works great and yeah much nicer not having a tank on ur gun but in the way of packs that hold your tank i am more of a fan of the redz 2+1 pack that comes with a leg stap, because the ones that go on your back tend to move around alot, with it strapped to you leg there is less movement and less ressitence from the coiled remote, the redz 2+1 pack does also come with a strap to go around your waist. . . it comes down to preference really, hope this helps

darth massacre
01-09-2007, 11:46 AM
I have a PMI with slide check. Instead of using a belt harness (those that carries 4 100 rnd pods) I use an old camelbak to carry my tank. The hydration bladder rotted away after years of use and you get a new bladder with a new bag anyway - so I just used the empty bag for paintball. Works well over my chest rig.

I think most really good coiled remotes are less than 50 bucks. The ones without slide check are maybe 20 or so brand new. Pretty affordable - and I agree with jefferytah, made a huge load of difference.

MR2 Woodsballer
01-09-2007, 12:21 PM
thanks for all the help guys do any of you recamond a good hpa tank?

daskyman
01-09-2007, 09:21 PM
well i have heard good things about pmi pure energies which are a cheaper brand but still reliable, then there are flawless hpa tanks such as empire ones that are $250 +, it is all to do with the money situation but if you are tight on cash go with a trusty pmi, if not n u wanna spend some more then go for an empire or wdp hpa tank

MR2 Woodsballer
01-11-2007, 10:36 AM
has anyone heard anything on crossfire or dye hpa tanks? whatever is good money isn't really an issue.

Tcheno
01-11-2007, 12:43 PM
Go crossfire!
Best thing there is.

daskyman
01-11-2007, 08:15 PM
do you suggest lp output or hp output for the mr2? cuz u can get crossfires of either and im lookin at buyin an hpa tank too :D thnx

Tcheno
01-12-2007, 01:26 AM
HP since spyders are HP markers.

yod3r
01-13-2007, 04:51 PM
srry for askin this stupid ? but wats a slide check

daskyman
01-13-2007, 05:33 PM
it is a small attachment that is in-line with everything on the remote and it alows you to bleed the remote without dry firing.

MR2 Woodsballer
01-19-2007, 11:35 AM
Go crossfire!
Best thing there is.

I think you have convinced me to go with a Crossfire HPA 68ci 4500 psi tank.