PDA

View Full Version : Pokemans....

thechubbss12
01-09-2007, 04:15 AM
Alright guys for those of you who dont understand the card game or were too old to ever lived through the rush about 4 years ago... Well its pretty much like any other card games (Yugio, Magic). Either way to get to my point...

A few days ago i ran into a guy who i hadnt seen since i put down my old Pokemon cards and picked up other things... Back in the 2000-2002 era i played Pokemon TCG (Tradeing Card Game) not only for fun but i was huge in the torney scene of Oklahoma... I had one of the more Diverse collections and i was remberd for my "fast" decks...

Well when i ran into this guy he happen to not recognize me (no biggie since i weigh 80 less pounds now then i did when i played LOL...) but i knew i remeberd his face... So i was like "Dont i know you?" and he wasnt sure he was kinda taken back but he asked me my name... and well i told him.. he pondered on it for alittle while and then it hit him... He was like "Sidney from the Pokemon league... in like 2002" thats when i remeberd his name was Roy...

Alright well we got to talking and he was still into the Pokemon TCG League... and well he was one of the guys Running the City Championships this year (you have to be invited to go...) and he asked me if i still had my cards... I told him i did and he was kinda excited about that... then he asked if i would like to play in the City Championships this Jan... Now i havent played Pokemon with anyone else other then my bro in like 4 years... so i was alittle nervous and kinda shocked... But i said i would got and he put me down for the Unlimited deck play (Any Pokemon card made you can use) But then he said i would have to play Modified Deck (basicly only cards made 2005+) to be able to play Unlimited... So basicly i have dropped $300 into buying newer card for the Modified deck play...

Alright well the whole reason for this post is too show the Deck i will be using for the Unlimited Format... It is probibly the most thought out deck i have ever made... Designed to get all of my Evolutions into my hand as soon as possible, bypass resistance and attack and hide if needed.
Pokemon (19)
4 Abra (Base Set)
2 Dark Kadabra
3 Dark Alakazam
1 Mr Mime (base set)
2 Cleffa (1 Promo 1 Genesis)
1 Igglybuff
3 Dratini (base set)
2 Dark Dragonair
1 Promo Mewtwo

Trainers (26)
3 Bills
3 Super Energy Removal
3 Comp Search
3 Nightly Garbages
2 Lanettes Net Search
2 Item Finder
2 Gust of Wind
2 Prof Oak
1 Boss's Way
1 Rocket Hideout
1 Switch
1 Focus Band
1 Gold Berry

15 Psycic Energys

Pic for those nubs that have no idea what i am talking about...
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/8332/dsc00014el1.jpg

So what do you guys think LOL... (Indian is about to get flamed LOL...)

marvin-martian
01-09-2007, 05:28 AM
oh my. i was so obsessed, but i quit after they started introducing all the other sets. i completely lost interest after the fossil set came out.

DFSniper
01-09-2007, 10:35 AM
OLD SKOOL! thats what im talkin about! thats about as new as my cards get too... after Base Set 2/ Team Rocket i pretty much stopped.

my brains kinda fried right now, so im having trouble thinking straight, but i'll get back to you on that deck tomorrow.

i used to play at the toys r us, and a few years after i quit, i was talking to my friend about pokemon for some reason. well, his brother, who had just joined the marines, used to be the official that ran the pokemon league at the local toys r us. (talk about a small world!)

Moe
01-09-2007, 10:57 AM
I burned all mine. baha.

Hossy
01-09-2007, 10:57 AM
oh my. i was so obsessed, but i quit after they started introducing all the other sets. i completely lost interest after the fossil set came out.

I used to be one of the regulars who used to play, years ago. I still have some of my so called "challenge" decks, which i stacked up and stacked up.

I had 3 charizards, one i sold, and the other two i kept. wow..this brings back memories

oh yeah, TDLR?

taurinic
01-09-2007, 11:34 AM
I burned all mine. baha.

I tried to burn mine, but it wouldnt burn...

but i was very obsessed with pokemon in my younger years

colonel_moo
01-09-2007, 11:47 AM
i used to trade the cards when i was in like 5th grade, but i dont think i actually played the game. magic on the other hand, thats a different story.

thechubbss12
01-09-2007, 12:31 PM
Yea... Its awesome stuff.. like i have kept on playing but never anything like big or even a league.... Just like with my bro and friends every once in awhile...

I have pretty much unlimited options in cards... cause there is not a card we dont have in the Base set... and we have amlost the complete rocket and Trainer Heros set... LOL so yea... 10,000 cards... i think i might have that many LOL...

*EM1-Master*
01-09-2007, 02:53 PM
I've got a lot up in the attic somewhere. Quite a collection. Lots of Holo's and sorts, all from the original base set. I might have to go dig those out just for memory's sake.

MadMan66
01-09-2007, 05:30 PM
i haven't seen a pokemon card in forever! i thought that pokemon cards didn't exist any more. i had some, but i quit after they made more then just the 150. i've probably got them still...somewhere.

Paradox313
01-09-2007, 05:37 PM
i still have all of mine
kept the holograms threw out the rest

1st edition basic Charizard
cost about $300 back in the day

should have sold it

if you want any just let me know, i probably have it

vwjimmy
01-09-2007, 05:56 PM
I still have a playable deck and alot of 1st addition holos form when my sons were playing.....
Bet it is still fun...

calebh
01-09-2007, 06:55 PM
i never got into the card game much... i loved the original game boy games, but after they started introducing all the new ones, i was like this is stupid. still like the originals, tho. the psychics were always my faves, too lol

badlandsrox
01-09-2007, 07:23 PM
never liked anything to do with anything of it, cards, nor games, nor TV series, i just watched everyone fight over them, it was much funner :) (no seriously, i would like have my popcorn from my lunch, and sit watching all the fights haha)

PumaPride04
01-09-2007, 07:25 PM
how much are like all the cards now worth because i have all of them and by all of them i mean all of them even in the japanese language

durrell
01-09-2007, 09:13 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/Durrell12/letmeshowyou.jpg

UKwithPride
01-09-2007, 09:53 PM
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/Durrell12/letmeshowyou.jpg[img]
Durrel, do you have the ice cream one where the cat is asking his mom for monayz?

marvin-martian
01-10-2007, 02:45 AM
how much are like all the cards now worth because i have all of them and by all of them i mean all of them even in the japanese language
i think its nothing. not sure though...

Nader
01-10-2007, 02:48 AM

Marvs right. Nothing.

Actually, you owe Pokemon Inc. some money for still having them.
:D

thechubbss12
01-10-2007, 03:20 AM
Rofl....

No they are actuly still worth a minimal amount... The older cards (1st editions base set or just the base set) are worth more.. like $100 bucks for a complete base set....

vikingshadow
01-10-2007, 03:34 AM
The only thing I know about pokeman was the cartoon. My kids liked watching it for awhile.

Anyone remember Pog? This was a big game back in the 90's where they used these little disk things.....

spyderpaintball
01-10-2007, 05:06 AM
I played back in the day but I was more into Magic: The Gathering than I was into Pokemon.

Yes Vike I remember those. I had quite a few.

Opteron-O3
01-10-2007, 06:07 AM
The only thing I know about pokeman was the cartoon. My kids liked watching it for awhile.

Anyone remember Pog? This was a big game back in the 90's where they used these little disk things.....
I think I still have my main disk somewhere...

You think the original pokemon cards would be worth something in the future?

DFSniper
01-10-2007, 07:12 AM
the main problem i see is that your guys are REALLY lacking in HP. sure, you have to get the cards you need, but if they die in 2-3 turns, its kinda useless. (and Darks in general were never as powerful as the non-darks, and it only takes 1 gym card to get rid of Rocket Hideout). i'm looking through my cards right now, and i've modified the deck specs you gave (tip for future reference, you almost never want more trainer cards than pokemon):

Pokemon (27)
4 Abra (Base Set)
2 Dark Kadabra
2 Kadabra (base set) [has Recover and for 1 more energy you can get 20 more damage]
2 Dark Alakazam
3 Dratini (base set)
2 Dark Dragonair
1 Dragonair
1 Promo Mewtwo
1 Rocket's Mewtwo [has Juxtapose and Psyburn does 60]
2 Kangaskhan [good for stalling until you get what you need and can draw cards (if you cant find any, sustitute a Snorlax or Lickitung)]
3 Ghastly (Fossil)
2 Haunter (Fossil) [evolve ASAP]
1 Gengar (Fossil)

Trainers (17)
3 Bills
1 Super Energy Removal [took 2 out because you really dont have any energy cards to spare...]
1 Comp Search
2 Nightly Garbages
2 Lanettes Net Search
1 Item Finder
1 Prof Oak
1 Boss's Way
1 Rocket Hideout
1 Focus Band
1 Gold Berry
2 Gust of Wind

15 Psycic Energys
1 Double Colorless Energy

the main problem with your original setup was that you were discarding/returning to deck too many cards that you might end up needing in the future. and the Colorless pokemon give you good defense while you build up your hand and bench.

why i took these cards out:
Switch - In my experiences, you only need to switch out your pokemon if you'd have a big advantage. and it would be worth the loss of 2-3 energy in those situations.
Igglybuff - wasnt sure which one this was, and either case, you cant stall much with this card
Mr. Mime - good against strong attacks, but with 40 HP, bulbasaur or pikachu can take it out in 2 hits...

hope this helps.

marvin-martian
01-10-2007, 07:19 AM

i still have my tubes of them somewhere...

durrell
01-10-2007, 08:11 AM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c173/AlyssaRochelle/Cats/1155446819519.jpg

CONFIRMEDKILL
01-10-2007, 09:10 AM
Are you playing for money? Or is it just a hobby?

fxdbi
01-10-2007, 01:00 PM
I still have the ones I bought to play along in some games with my two step-sons. They still have theirs too. I have a Charlizard (yes I know it should be Charizard), and a few other choice cards in there.

Maybe I could sell all mine in order to go buy a case or two of paint this next weekend and go paintballing. Seems worthwhile, eh? (j/k)

marvin-martian
01-10-2007, 01:02 PM
i have a small yellow cat named charlie, who goes by many nicknames. one of which is charmander.

...thought id mention it :dodgy:

calebh
01-10-2007, 01:48 PM
haha, just saw that about pog. i vaguely remember it. i was still a little young while that was popular, but i remember it lol.

about selling pokecards, look for the market. meaning little rich kids who are just now getting into it who dont know what they're worth :D but seriously tho, theres a market for anything, you just have to look.

wbpaintball
01-10-2007, 03:21 PM
Gotta catem all i <3 pokemon 4 life wikiwiki joshua

*EM1-Master*
01-10-2007, 03:23 PM
Dude, I was HUGE into Pog... I have tons of tubes of them lying around somewhere.

WhatThaSmurf
01-10-2007, 04:57 PM
I have all of "The Tick" pogs, anyone remember the cartoon The Tick?

thechubbss12
01-10-2007, 06:51 PM
Dfsniper... This is a totaly diffrent game LOL.... Its not uncomon to see 8 pokemon in a deck and that be all... the rest are trainers, Supporters and energys...

I went to the league with a deck close to the one you had mentioned... alot of pokemon... i was getting walked all over with guys who had 8-12 pokemon in thiere decks... So i hit up some of my friend who have still been playing to help me out... and they did also i gave my own little tweak on it...

Confirmedkill... im getting back into the game so i can play for money.... $2000 scholarship to the College of my choice for Regional winner + a huge prize purse... Yea i also play it for fun... I love the game ALOT... LOL...

DJ Katt RMX
01-12-2007, 06:21 AM
i have a grass and fire deck, it was near perect. my best setup was my scyther stuff

Maxx-Damage
01-13-2007, 02:33 PM
i still have a Fire deck(its a red box, so i thinks its fire) still ahveing the wrap on the cards and everything in it. From 5yrs ago.

I hate Pokeman now, blew all the money when i shouldve played pb:(