PDA

View Full Version : BSC Championship Game

Hoppy11
01-08-2007, 04:27 PM
Alright guys its almost game time. Who are you rooting for?

Me personally, I want them to both lose. LOL. Although Im will be rooting for OSU.. kinda. I hate FL teams because they just seem incredibly cocky to me.

We can use this thread for discussion during and after the game.

marvin-martian
01-08-2007, 04:34 PM
oh my...

Hoppy11
01-08-2007, 04:34 PM
OK.. one hell of a way to start the game.

Total90Oliver
01-08-2007, 04:41 PM
Go Gators!! I hate Ohio State, they got a Freebie against UM a lon time ago and now they beat my Michigan, so BOO! Ohio

marvin-martian
01-08-2007, 04:41 PM
tell that the the opening kick return...

Hoppy11
01-08-2007, 04:51 PM
Go Gators!! I hate Ohio State, they got a Freebie against UM a lon time ago and now they beat my Michigan, so BOO! Ohio

And FL didn't get a freebie into this game?

durrell
01-08-2007, 04:51 PM
Man I don't know. I like Troy Smith but I always find myself pulling for the underdogs..I'm kind of leaning towards Florida..either way I don't really care I guess.

tnballer
01-08-2007, 04:55 PM
this is going to be a game i wish they both could loose sinse that cant happen go buckeyes i think

Total90Oliver
01-08-2007, 05:02 PM
Yes but did I ever say that I like Gators? No, I said I liked UM, and besides they kind of earned it.

tnballer
01-08-2007, 05:10 PM
can u believe that 2nd td that was bs

WhatThaSmurf
01-08-2007, 08:12 PM
I for one am very happy. I am a self-proclaimed Gator-hater, but I love my SEC!

Oh, did you guys miss me?

Hoppy11
01-08-2007, 08:36 PM
Uhhhhhhhhhh I hate FL teams.

durrell
01-08-2007, 09:30 PM
Yay! OSU got owned lol.

FredPo
01-08-2007, 09:31 PM
Yay! OSU got owned lol.

Not cool :mad:

Fred

durrell
01-08-2007, 09:35 PM
Not cool :mad:

Fred
<3

thechubbss12
01-09-2007, 03:23 AM
LOL OSU FTL.... and they did loose LOL... Too bad i was ballin it up while the game was on... =(...

chubb0rz
01-09-2007, 04:12 AM
Who would've thought, I had a feeling they would win b.c Leak has been doing good. Was projected that OSU would win 42-14....lol almost the same but to UF

El Duche
01-09-2007, 05:30 AM
OSU got spanked. i only saw the first quarter. after that i passed out on my couch. I only got 2.5 hrs of sleep the night before, not passed out due to inebriation. i was sorta hoping that OSU would win, but I think this only helps to further prove that the BCS is an invalid method of determining who gets to play for the national championship. From what I saw florida played an excellent game thanks to the refs giving them generous spots and calling OSU on everything. OSU didn't help the cause either by giving them excellent field position off of both the kick return follwing the OSU touchdown due ot a facemask and good position again after a cheap shot after the whistle. OSUs secondary was hitting hard but their coverage wasn't very tight allowing for florida to make big gains. OSU also failed to put pressure on the quarterback. any good QB can complete passes when he has all day to throw and can just sit in the pocket. i dunno how the rest of the game went but if the first quarter was any indication OSU was not making a good effort to remain undefeated and clench the title.

timmyshoota
01-09-2007, 07:20 AM
I had been telling everyone that FL would win, but EVERYONE said I was wrong and that FL couldn't handle OSU. I kept saying that everyone said the same thing when OSU played Miami in the BCS Title game.

FL now, IMO, and probably the opinion of a lot of people, is the number one sports program in college. Both the reigning basketball and football champs. That's just impressive.

durrell
01-09-2007, 07:25 AM
I don't know about the number one program in college after winning 2 BCS championships and one NCAA Division 1 basketball program..I mean yeah, they're good..but I wouldn't call them the best program in college sports.

But Florida had me fooled. I mean to not have a running back, to be using a quarterback to run the ball, they had some amazing play calling. I mean you know OSU knew that when Tebow came into the game, they were going to run the same play. But that option pass that they ran in the 2nd or 3rd quarter was an amazing play call..OSU never saw that coming. :up:

timmyshoota
01-09-2007, 07:26 AM
Right now they are. You can't deny that.

FredPo
01-09-2007, 09:18 AM
Right now they are. You can't deny that.

Florida played the better game but no matter what, OSU is still a better team. That can that be denied; however, they sure didn't show it.

Fred

durrell
01-09-2007, 09:21 AM
I don't think OSU is the better team..I think Michigan is better than OSU and so is Florida. :p

Total90Oliver
01-09-2007, 09:23 AM
Michigan is the best of all of them.

Hoppy11
01-09-2007, 10:13 AM
Michigan is the best of all of them.

FTW!

I have never heard of a FL hockey team or a FL field hockey team...

Total90Oliver
01-09-2007, 10:21 AM
There is a Florida Hockey team, Florida Panthers

Hoppy11
01-09-2007, 10:42 AM
College?

Hossy
01-09-2007, 10:52 AM
FL now, IMO, and probably the opinion of a lot of people, is the number one sports program in college. Both the reigning basketball and football champs. That's just impressive.

No, you cant say that. When you think about it, thats what 2 sports? what ever happend to all the other sports, i mean they arent as cared about yes, but thats still in the running for the best program. I mean a few years ago, University Of Maryland probably had the best sports program, alot of girls sports one, soccer and lacrosse, as well as field hockey all had impressive seasons....

marvin-martian
01-09-2007, 12:19 PM
College?
NHL

WhatThaSmurf
01-09-2007, 01:21 PM
OSU got overwhelmed because they had never played a defense like Florida. They couldn't give their quarterback enough time, thus the 5 sacks and 4 of 14 for 35 yards. Another factor is Tebow. I hate him. He beat my Vols the same way he beat OSU, right down the throat. The defense knows he's coming, but he gains 3 to 7 yards without fail. They also had better coach and offensive staff. They ran plays that OSU did not see coming. They shifted formations constantly, with OSU defense trying to sort it all out.

I have a problem with the BCS that this game's results highlight: it doesn't work, playoffs do. BSU 13-0, Florida 13-1, OSU 13-1, Wisconsin 12-1, Louisville 12-1. Who can say who the National Champion is? Who would win, Florida or BSU? We don't know. Unless every team that is not in the championship game is eliminated, how do we know who is better than who? And why can a team with a better record than another be lower in the standings? Because of how many points they win by? Because they didn't beat teams that were ranked as high? They almost made the mistake of making the Championship Game a rematch of a game earlier that season, but decided to pit OSU against a team they hadn't already beaten, and look at the results of that.

thoraxe
01-09-2007, 01:32 PM
OSU got owned 41-14.Go Gators!!

timmyshoota
01-09-2007, 03:31 PM
No, you cant say that. When you think about it, thats what 2 sports? what ever happend to all the other sports, i mean they arent as cared about yes, but thats still in the running for the best program. I mean a few years ago, University Of Maryland probably had the best sports program, alot of girls sports one, soccer and lacrosse, as well as field hockey all had impressive seasons....
Nobody cares about the other sports. The other sports aren't what bring in the money and publicity. Its Basketball and Football. Hate to break it to you guys, but the other sports are pretty meaningless. Turn on a TV and tell me when you see other college sports. The only time you see college sports other than Basketball and Football, is when its playoffs or on local TV.

Hoppy11
01-09-2007, 05:18 PM
Nobody cares about the other sports. The other sports aren't what bring in the money and publicity. Its Basketball and Football. Hate to break it to you guys, but the other sports are pretty meaningless. Turn on a TV and tell me when you see other college sports. The only time you see college sports other than Basketball and Football, is when its playoffs or on local TV.

I watch college hockey all the time. Also baseball is on alot, along with womens softball. You still have no arguement for the best sports school in the nation because you are only viewing two sports. Even if they are the biggest and the most money making you still have to take into account all of the other sports if you want to make that claim.

timmyshoota
01-09-2007, 05:38 PM
I watch college hockey all the time. Also baseball is on alot, along with womens softball. You still have no arguement for the best sports school in the nation because you are only viewing two sports. Even if they are the biggest and the most money making you still have to take into account all of the other sports if you want to make that claim.
College Hockey is NEVER on here. I'm not exagerating one bit with that. Only time I've seen it is NCAA tourney. Basketball and Football is what makes colleges. Softball is probably the third biggest sport in college. I enjoy watching the lesser sports more than the big two, but the biggest name colleges are that way because of Basketball and Football. Hoppy, I'm sure Michigan has a good hockey team, but when I think about Michigan, I think about their football team, and Chris Webber calling too many timeouts. Most of the college sports are big regionally. Up North, Hockey is very popular. In the northeast, Lacrosse is popular. Football and Basketball are popular nationwide.

And I wasn't speaking of Florida as the best college sports program of all time. God, there's no way they could ever have that honor. I'm just talking this year. I left out a few words when I first posted.

marvin-martian
01-09-2007, 05:44 PM
College Hockey is NEVER on here. I'm not exagerating one bit with that. Only time I've seen it is NCAA tourney. Basketball and Football is what makes colleges. Softball is probably the third biggest sport in college. I enjoy watching the lesser sports more than the big two, but the biggest name colleges are that way because of Basketball and Football. Hoppy, I'm sure Michigan has a good hockey team, but when I think about Michigan, I think about their football team, and Chris Webber calling too many timeouts. Most of the college sports are big regionally. Up North, Hockey is very popular. In the northeast, Lacrosse is popular. Football and Basketball are popular nationwide.

And I wasn't speaking of Florida as the best college sports program of all time. God, there's no way they could ever have that honor. I'm just talking this year. I left out a few words when I first posted.
chris speaks the truth. around here, the only college sports shown are football, basketball, and the occasional LAX and softball. hockey is never shown. ever.

WhatThaSmurf
01-09-2007, 05:50 PM
I've seen college hockey on TV. UT Ice Vols FTMFW!

Hoppy11
01-09-2007, 05:52 PM
I don't give a damn what sports are on TV. If you are going to make that claim about FL being the best sports school this year you still have to look into every single sport that colleges have.

Total90Oliver
01-09-2007, 07:41 PM
I don't give a damn what sports are on TV. If you are going to make that claim about FL being the best sports school this year you still have to look into every single sport that colleges have.

True^^. I think the Lacrosse team from Akron owns. :dodgy:

*EM1-Master*
01-09-2007, 08:16 PM
I just thought I'd make fun of you for your typo in the title since no one else has... :)

durrell
01-09-2007, 08:35 PM
I just thought I'd make fun of you for your typo in the title since no one else has... :)

lol I definitely hadn't noticed that until now..

SlalomSkier8811 (12:35:25 AM): did i spell something wrong in the BSC Game thread title>
uncblue2412 (12:35:37 AM): um
uncblue2412 (12:35:38 AM): yeah
uncblue2412 (12:35:40 AM): BSC?
uncblue2412 (12:35:49 AM): it's BCS
SlalomSkier8811 (12:35:55 AM): oh lol
uncblue2412 (12:35:56 AM): Bowl Championship Series
uncblue2412 (12:35:56 AM): lol
SlalomSkier8811 (12:35:59 AM): you all i know im dumb

Hoppy11
01-09-2007, 08:38 PM
Thanks ass.

durrell