PDA

View Full Version : 2yr old is summoned for jury duty :D

DexGtr
01-16-2006, 01:19 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10878507/GT1=7538

NEW BEDFORD, Mass. - Kaylee Reynolds had a problem when she recently received a summons to serve on a Taunton District Court jury.

She wasn't old enough to read it. The 2-year-old has quite a few years to go before she reaches the minimum age of 18 to serve on a state jury. Lucky for Kaylee, Massachusetts Jury Commissioner Patricia Reynolds seemed willing to let it slide for a while.

"We'll give her a 16-year grace period," Wood told The Standard-Times of New Bedford.

Wood guessed the mix-up could be traced to a local census form. If the form has a blank or mistaken birth date, July 4, 1776, is filled in.

"With that date we'll know it is wrong," Wood said.

Besides her questionable understanding of the concepts of guilt or innocence, there are other reasons why it's best to wait for Kaylee to serve. Her mother, Patricia, says Kaylee gets really
cranky if she doesn't get her noontime nap.

Nice :D

chubb0rz
01-16-2006, 01:25 PM
:lol: swift one

03TiburonGT
01-16-2006, 01:34 PM
Way to go government! If a date wasn't filled in, shouldn't they call the person and ask them instead of filling it in themselves? And if they were to fill it in, shouldn't they pick a more reasonable date? I dont know about you, but I dont know any 230 year olds

phatphil
01-16-2006, 04:46 PM
Lol nice

ricochet08
01-16-2006, 05:22 PM
:lolsign: hecky naw

pntbllrsprky
01-16-2006, 07:40 PM
lucky girl

I wish I could get out of jury duty (in 2 years)

Recon by Fire
01-17-2006, 08:42 PM
One time I received a summons in a civil case from out of state (not for me). I got stuck having to go serve the summons on this girl. So I go to her house and a female answer; she says she is not the girl and looks at me really strangely. I ask if the girl is there and she tells me yes, she is taking a nap right now. I ask the woman to go wak up the other girl because it is important and she needs to be here. The woman finally overcomes her bewilderment and demands to know what this is about and why I want to see her 2 year old daughter! ROFL, I busted up laughing before informing the woman about the mistake. There was no mention in the summons that the defendant was a minor!