PDA

View Full Version : Need some help on spimmy

PumaPride04
01-07-2007, 08:00 PM
i wanna know how they work like the functions off the parts like the lpr, ram, ram sleeve, etc. i am wanting to convert my old e-99 into a spimmy.

Hossy
01-07-2007, 08:02 PM
oh boy fred, i guess this is my test!
LPR, low pressure reg...
you will want that at like 75 psi, basically runs the ram.
ram is the thing that moves the bolt and all

fredpo and shunut will have the best luck of helping you

shunut
01-07-2007, 08:04 PM
They function exactly like a Timmy, exactly. See Otter's build for more info.

Basically, the High Pressure Regulator regulates air from you tank down to about 2-300 psi. This then goes through the LPR which takes the pressure down to 70-90 psi. The low pressure air now goes through to the solenoid which operates the ram. When you pull the trigger you activate the solenoid. First the solenoid sends air to the back of the ram sleeve which pushes the ram forward (which is connected to the bolt so the bolt goes forward as well). The ram then pushes the poppet which opens the valve inside the ram sleeve. This allows high pressure air into the breach to push the paintball out of the barrel. The next step of this process goes back to the solenoid. The solenoid now sends low pressure air to the front of the ram sleeve pushing the ram (and bolt) back to the resting position. That completes a full firing cycle.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/thunderpig/yaaaaaaaaaaaaytimmayanimationmoreframes.gif

Created by Invader Zim, edited by Thunderpig of PBReview

PumaPride04
01-07-2007, 08:17 PM
shunut why do you rock so much o and thank you very much