PDA

View Full Version : Class Ring

xtraking
01-07-2007, 02:35 PM
Okay guys im a junior in highschool and class ring order forms are due in the next 2 weeks. I want to get one, but the prices range from 170-470. Now there aer many expensive events coming up, such as ring dance (junior prom), christian service trip which might be 500 if i go to jamaica, sat prep class (600) etc. So basically you get the idea that it will be alot of money.
So basically im deciding on two choices.
1. Is a white lustrium that i 170. It is white lustrium so it is not gold, but i sort of like the silver look; however I have not seen one person with this ( i go to a very rich jesuit school btw).
2. Is a 10 k gold for 370.

The design is pretty nice actually, and it applies to every ring, jsut you gotta choose the metal the ring is made out of.

Im leaning towards white lustrium, but has anybody had bad experience with this metal? or is it just fine?

tater_salad
01-07-2007, 02:38 PM
The White Lustrium is just fine IMO I would say go with that. Unless money is no issue then go for gold.

Sandman_Bravo
01-07-2007, 02:59 PM
gold ftw, just ask the aztecs!

timmyshoota
01-07-2007, 03:20 PM
I got a White Lustrium ring for my Lacrosse State Championship ring, and 10k White Gold for my class ring. The Gold is 1892812981028x nicer. The Lustrium just looks cheap IMO.

vwjimmy
01-07-2007, 03:34 PM
I graduated in 1983 and my 10K Class ring is still beautiful.....
In 1993, VW gave a Lusturim ring for becoming a "Master Registered Technician" and it looked crappy after a year......

Sandman_Bravo
01-07-2007, 03:37 PM
I graduated in 1983 and my 10K Class ring is still beautiful.....
In 1993, VW gave a Lusturim ring for becoming a "Master Registered Technician" and it looked crappy after a year......

Viva '83... you old fart!

Muddytaco
01-07-2007, 03:39 PM
I got white gold, its about 5 years old and still looks same as the day i got it

calebh
01-07-2007, 07:22 PM
white gold, silver, or platinum. i voted white lustrium, and then i thought lustrium = cheapness. but the silvery color looks a lot better than gold does, imo.

Ares
01-07-2007, 07:51 PM
go for the cheapy, you probably won't wear it again after the ceremony

vikingshadow
01-08-2007, 04:36 AM
Jimmy's older than me! Whoo Hoo! (I graduated in 1984!)

I got a Lustrium ring when I was junior. It still looks as good as it ever did. What did you guys do to yours to make them look so bad? I must have gotten lucky. I'll try to get some pics of it if you want later on.

Ares is right though, but most of my friends and I wore ours longer than that. I quit wearing mine about my sophomore year in college, although I had girlfriends that wore it. I believe it actually got too small for me after that year.

Personally, I think that once they started making rings for school years other than HS Junior and college senior, the uniqueness and specialness of them wore off so it's not a big deal anymore. My niece got a class ring when she was an 8th grader, then sophomore, then junior year, then senior year. Yeah, a bit spoiled! Same for letter jackets. Now, freshmen are getting them for getting B's in history - nothing special about these things anymore. Traditions are just dying out...it's a shame, really.

Anywho, my vote goes for white lustrium. Use the money for something else!

xtraking
01-08-2007, 02:24 PM
letter jackets for a class.... uhhhhh hahah.

Yeah I got a few mroe days to decide... hmmm

newkid
01-08-2007, 02:48 PM
I think gold looks a little tacky