PDA

View Full Version : empire or vents?

ttam13xlpb
01-07-2007, 01:39 PM
every time i play i take a bunch of mask shots and head shots because after a few games my lens gets a film over it that takes awhile to get off from getting hit in the lens and splater.so its time to invest in a new mask.i want the lowest possible profile and a mask that will have a few bounces to keep me in the game longer.i found the empire e vents and the vents avatar and dont know wether to save a few dollars and get the avatar or spend the money for the ear pieces on the e vent.would the soft ear pieces make a big difference in bounces and a lower profile or is it better to just get the avatar?

Hossy
01-07-2007, 01:43 PM
search..just a little tip

its basically all personal preference...

id get the vents

ttam13xlpb
01-07-2007, 01:51 PM
i guess my question is would the soft ear pieces actually produce bounces?

Hossy
01-07-2007, 01:53 PM
not really, its very rare.

you can order softears from www.softearmods.com

the guy who runs it comes on here every once and awhile
i think hes still in business

timmyshoota
01-07-2007, 01:59 PM
I get bounces like crazy on the soft ears on my flex and its the same material.

ttam13xlpb
01-07-2007, 02:07 PM
ok i think i will go with the soft ear pieces cuz i need anything that will help.

vikingshadow
01-07-2007, 02:13 PM
If you're taking enough shots to the head that it causes a film to come over your lense, you should practice keeping your head in more.

Vforce is a good company and their masks use great lenses, so I don't know why you should be getting a film on it. Just rinse it under water and shake it dry and you should be good to go!

If those are your only two choices, then I'd go with the Vents....

ttam13xlpb
01-07-2007, 02:20 PM
any other mask suggestions?
and im working on the keeping my head in part too lol

08Lud08
01-08-2007, 01:48 PM
I like the avatars better than the events because to me the softears don't hold the mask snug enough to my face.

Total90Oliver
01-08-2007, 02:04 PM
I like the looks of the Events, but I think the Avatars are better, they look more comfortable.

Ace24
01-08-2007, 05:12 PM
i guess my question is would the soft ear pieces actually produce bounces?
Yes and no.

They are more comfortable if you do get shot in the ear though.

I wouldn't go for an E-vent if you just trying to get bounces and a low profile. I would go for a JT Proflex. They get alot of bounces since the mouth area is all rubber. They are also a really low profile and very comfortable. Soft ear'd Flex's are so nice.

Save yourself some money and go for a Flex. I know pleanty of people on here can back me up when I say that.

(I really do love my Profilers though)
On that note, the Profilers have the interchangable lenses that you can pop on and off really quickly. The Spherical lense gives you the widest range in vision as well. Profilers arnt that great when it comes to bounces, but they are the most comfortable and sickest looking masks I've ever had the chance of putting on.

V-Force Grill - Good mask. If your going to spend the kinda $$ on a mask that it will require you to. (If you want, I can get you one for $80 instead of the listed $100, you'd just have to pay for shipping) They also get great bounces off the bottom face rubber, just like the Flex's. The nice thing about the Grillz are the V-force trademarked lenses that pop off and on with ease, and the new foam replacement system. When your foam gets old and nasty, you just pop it out and replace it. The Grillz look nice, but arnt for me. I dont like how they look on my head.

emf7301
01-08-2007, 06:49 PM
for the film over the lenses issue, you might want to try some Plexus. It's a plastic cleaner and buffer that works terrifically on my Morph's lense. Just spray once and wipe to get all the paint off and spray a little bit more and buff it clean. Leaves my lenses crystal clear.

TheRedBarron
01-08-2007, 07:28 PM
I get bounces like crazy on the soft ears on my flex and its the same material.
You get hit that often?