PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Mart Paint

tater_salad
01-07-2007, 12:27 PM
What is your favorite Wal-Mart paint?

Hossy
01-07-2007, 12:34 PM
around here, we dont have walmarts :undecided:

but favorite paint that they sell at ****s, (or as Bamf says, Richards), TSA, and that stuff, i like the Zap stuff

Sandman_Bravo
01-07-2007, 01:10 PM
Impact by game face, they used to be scorch and dusk. My local wally world moves them off the shelves weekly, so they're always fresh and round. Every once in a while I get a barrel break; but no more often than with any other brand. And for the price... well, they're great.

yamaha cow
01-07-2007, 01:10 PM
i usually use scorch or the super swirl i play woodsball so it doesn't really make much difference if use expensive or not.

boomerisnuts
01-07-2007, 03:11 PM
i like to use super swirl, some camo balls by gameface and visible impact. im not a big fan of schorch, big balls or monster balls. my least favorite is wildstreek. recently a richards has opened near me. they have marbs, el tigre and amp. if i ever save up enough money i will buy from here.:)
boomer

Ace24
01-07-2007, 04:17 PM
Scorch for practice in the backyard. They sell x-ball at your walmart? That stuff is expencive.

badlandsrox
01-07-2007, 04:22 PM
i dunno what its called, but in canada here, walmart has some paint... forget waht its called, but its like 5000 for $20

tater_salad
01-07-2007, 04:25 PM
Yea they just started selling it like a couple days ago so I thought I would try it out and loved it. I bought 1000 for $27.86 I think.

Sandman_Bravo
01-07-2007, 04:42 PM
What's important to look at here is when and where it comes from. Game Face, the makers of Impact & Scorch, are based in upstate New York. If you notice Ace and I recommended Scorch/Impact; we are both in NY. Most all paintballs are manufactured in Canada for North America. What ever is freshest and moves regularly on your local store's shelves (AND fits your barrell) will be best for you. The next thing to consider is ball to ball regularity, or quality. I've had more than a fair share of Swirls work great, but one time I got a batch that looked fresh and round and broke like crazy in the barrel. I've never had that issue with Impact. Big Balls were the same as Super Swirls for me. My worst experience was with Zap rec balls; flat spots-breaks-awful. Monster Balls are ok but on the small size with hard shells and thin paint. I found a great buy once on Marbs at Sports Authority, but they were old and just developing flat spots; although they worked good. I had no luck with JT tac balls, they just seemed to be irregular. I must admit they don't sell quickly and were old. I don't think there's any "what's best" formula, just trial and error.

badlandsrox
01-07-2007, 08:27 PM
zap rec balls, thats what it was.

fxdbi
01-10-2007, 12:27 PM
We buy the Monster balls because they are the cheapest and for a bunch of kids to play some woodsball with they're okay. I have only ever seen Impact, Stryker and JT Camo besides these at the wally mart closest to my house - may have to check the others to see if there is a different selection, doubtful tho.

Sandman_Bravo
01-10-2007, 12:48 PM
We had problems with the Monster Balls just not breaking. They would bounce off players and objects a lot. Nothing is more frustrating than nailing somebody only to watch it bounce off.

woodsballin4life
01-10-2007, 01:06 PM
wrong wrong wrong..if ur gonna go walmart the best paint is Recon paintballs...the camo ones not jt ...Recon.

they are the best at walmart believe me. They break easy enough but not too easy (like goldylocks just right) they are great paint for walmart paint and only a few dollars more exspensive then the **** paint at walmart.

If you want good paint but dont wannan spend all money on paint shop paint...go to walmart and pick up a box of Recon paintballs :D

Sandman_Bravo
01-10-2007, 01:09 PM
Same manufacturer as Impact;

http://www.gamefacepaintball.com/site/paint

There's one problem with camo colored balls; you can't see them very well while shooting and it makes it harder to track where you're hitting. Bright colored balls you can see no prob, even in dense foliage and poor lighting. :)

fxdbi
01-10-2007, 01:49 PM
We had problems with the Monster Balls just not breaking. They would bounce off players and objects a lot. Nothing is more frustrating than nailing somebody only to watch it bounce off.

I agree as there is a lot of bounce, especially if they are a bit cool due to weather; but when you are talking 30+ in the youth group going out playing, and the church charges $10 for paint and a meal, Monster balls work great price wise. I myself liked when they bounced off me :devil:

stylinbeaver
01-14-2007, 07:20 PM
I voted Xball, but I've never seen it at Wally world?!?!? There's a different selection at Richards. I use DBX from there and it's alright. Pink fill, decent shell. Or premiums are decent also

Theheroguy
01-15-2007, 12:03 PM
stryker

yod3r
01-19-2007, 09:46 PM
Same manufacturer as Impact;

http://www.gamefacepaintball.com/site/paint

There's one problem with camo colored balls; you can't see them very well while shooting and it makes it harder to track where you're hitting. Bright colored balls you can see no prob, even in dense foliage and poor lighting. :)

i use stryker but i thot i mite add, you might be able to aim better with bright colored balls but if you're like me and play woodsball alot, you dont wanna be seen and people see what tree or bush orange balls are flying outa so they no where you are. Thats y i think the camo balls would be better for woodsball. The sad thing about it is that the only camo balls i used suck bad and thats the jt tactical. i had barrel breaks like crazy and the shells were very brittle

vikingshadow
01-20-2007, 04:57 AM
Dang! If Wal-mart sells Xball, then that by far is the best paint there! I love Xball, and know a lot of tournaments use it.

tattookev
03-06-2007, 08:15 AM
does anyone remember proball?

ross * pilot
03-06-2007, 10:58 AM
Ive heard of gameface scorch at wallmart and heard that was good as well. correct?

yod3r
03-06-2007, 12:35 PM
iv been using visual impact and it says x-ball on the box so is that x-ball brand or sumtin?

HelpDeskHustler
03-18-2007, 11:05 AM
xball at walmart? wtf do you live? xball

Hob Hayward
03-18-2007, 11:09 AM
Xball is made by procaps...

HelpDeskHustler
03-18-2007, 01:33 PM
Xball is made by procaps...
i'm aware, but i've never seen procaps sold at walmart

fxdbi
03-18-2007, 09:06 PM
I just bought some Visible Impact Saturday and it says X-Ball Certified on the box as well as Manufactured by Procaps paintball exclusively for Gameface paintball.

They were only $10 more than the Brass Eagle Monster Balls putting them at $39/case. I bought a case of monster balls and a case of the impacts and I have to say that the monster balls bounced like crazy and flew like flinging cow crap, but the impacts broke almost everytime, they flew much straighter and the red color is easy to track and the fill is a decent fill that doesn't come right off like the monster ball fill does, it has more color and seems thicker. I was actually quite impressed as were several other more experienced players that used them too - in fact the monster ball fills on my cammo within minutes would be absorbed into the material and not visible, but at the end of the day the marks from the impacts could still be seen even after attempting to clean them during the round breaks.

I have to say my new vote goes to Visible Impact

vikingshadow
03-19-2007, 03:59 AM
iv been using visual impact and it says x-ball on the box so is that x-ball brand or sumtin?

Impact is actually Scorch with just a name change, I believe. If it's not, it's something EXTREMELY close! I've used both, and they are both the same size, same color, same fill, same thickness, same roundness, etc. I'm pretty sure they just changed the name. It isn't Xball brand paint, it's approved for XBall play. Both are made either by or for Game Face and they are both excellent paint from Wal-Mart.

I voted for Xball if it was the actual XBall paint, but my real vote for actual Wal-Mart paint goes to Scorch/Impact. It's awesome stuff at a decent price, good roundness, thick fill, kinda small, but not bad with a kit, flies straight and hardly bounces.

shunut
03-19-2007, 06:28 AM
Scorch for practice in the backyard. They sell x-ball at your walmart? That stuff is expencive.

I was shocked when I saw X-Ball as an option as well. I've never seen it at any of my Wal-Marts and even though I don't play anymore I still check them out everytime I go. I bought scorch once from Wal-Mart and it worked pretty well.

As for X-Ball being expensive, it really isn't, at least not here. At Wal-Mart a case of Scorch for me is like $35 at the shop last time I played I paid $32 a case for X-Ball Bronze and I'd shoot Bronze over anything Wal-Mart has any day of the week.

HelpDeskHustler
03-19-2007, 12:54 PM
I'd rather shoot whitebox instead of walmart paint.

SupaSnipa
03-22-2007, 03:12 AM
i like the vapors by zap they shoot nice from my gun

Sandman_Bravo
03-22-2007, 03:34 AM
I've had good luck with the Recons from Game Face recently. (made by procaps)They seem to be uniform in size and have a thick orange fill. My J&J S2 likes them so that's a plus. Our local Wally world moves paint off the shelves at a good rate and the new stuff always seems fresh. I hope it never changes because I can always get good, fresh, round paint that's cheap.

SupaSnipa
03-23-2007, 05:53 PM
same here i just got a case of those

paintballkid0206
03-24-2007, 01:00 AM
im goin with monster balls cuz thats all i use.

xSoulsx
04-07-2007, 03:41 AM
Wal-Mart has some okay paint...But They don't store it rite...I have bought some boxes of 2000 and there have been atleast 3 broken in two of the 4 bags....I could hve returned them or cleaned them all myself....Lol I cleaned 1,000 Paintballs just so i didn't have to go back to the store and wait to shoot

I think monster and X-Ball are good...

paintballer21
04-25-2007, 04:37 PM
I really like the impacts. I have never bought a bag with a broken one in it. and they shoot really well.

Mech Warrior
04-25-2007, 04:50 PM
I was a Scorch guy until it went away. Shot some monster balls last week. They were fine. I like bright colors, so I can see where I'm shooting.