PDA

View Full Version : rail now or later?

ttam13xlpb
01-07-2007, 12:51 PM
I currently shoot a spyder pilot acs and love it.Me and a few friends started a team to go play some tourneys.We havent played our first yet but will very soon and will be playing as many as possible this year.Now here is my situation..i have a pilot rite now and i like it,but i will be playing alot and dont know if i should upgrade to the proto rail this summer or wait and just upgrade the pilot?i am using co2 rite now and probably for awhile.but if i do not get the rail i can switch to compressed air,a halo,and a better board for the pilot.if i went this way how long would the pilot be competitive in terms of tournaments ranks/expireince?i dont know because i have no expirience.i really like the rail but would it be worth the money to only have co2 to use it with?to sum it all up..if i went with the rail i would have a tight budget and couldnt afford commpressed air and a good hopper,rite now only have a revvy.and if i upgraded the pilot i would have a looser budget and better prepared for a better gun later.plz help with your opinion on this one.i cant decide on my own lol.so which way would be best?:confused:

Hossy
01-07-2007, 12:59 PM
rails dont use CO2, i dont think.
Try a tourney first, then make your decision if you need to get a new gun
*checksmysig*

:)
the player makes the gun, not the gun makes the player

vikingshadow
01-07-2007, 01:33 PM
You can't use Co2 on the Rail. You'd also need a fast loader. If you can't get those two things, you shouldn't get the Rail.

On the other hand, I love mine and think it's a great gun for those interested in playing tournies....

ttam13xlpb
01-07-2007, 01:47 PM
i could possibly get the ral and tank and loader but i havent played any tourneys yet so im not sure about spending the money just yet.would it be better to stick with the pilot until i know for sure about playing tourneys or would the rail just be better period for just playing every now and then and tourneys?

Hossy
01-07-2007, 01:50 PM
pilot for every now and then, and rail if you get a little more serious.
use the pilot in a tourney, or in a team practice if you have them, and see how they hold up

ttam13xlpb
01-07-2007, 02:01 PM
sounds good to me.thx