PDA

View Full Version : which one is best out of the box?

ttam13xlpb
01-06-2007, 07:04 PM
i am thinking about upgrading to one of these but not sure which would be best.so i need to know which is best straight outa the box.

1.proto rail
2.invert mini
3.sp nerve

yamaha cow
01-06-2007, 07:19 PM
i just like ions so i would say epiphany

Hossy
01-06-2007, 08:03 PM
get the Rail

rafb86
01-06-2007, 10:21 PM
i say nerve, and its not just because im bias, they are great out of the box and right now u can get and upped used one for less then 300

GTI07
01-09-2007, 01:41 PM
Its me i voted on the SMART PARTS

vikingshadow
01-09-2007, 01:50 PM
I went with the Rail. I've shot everything up there except the Epiphany and the Mini, and while the Nerve was really close, I like the lightness and smallness of the Rail over it. The nerve's board is also just a standard ramping board, whereas the Rail has four different firing modes, along with ABS and ROF on it.

In my mind, Proto did good on this one. Lighter, faster (IMO), better looking, better shooting options, Matrix built - just a better choice at this point.

Hob Hayward
01-09-2007, 06:58 PM
Mini is too awesome for me to not have voted for it.

El Duche
01-27-2007, 05:49 PM
many guns shoot good out of the box but the person who gets paid to put the trigger in the gun doesn't spend any time setting it so you'll have to do that yourself with any gun you buy. I was thinking very hard about a shocker until I got to hold one and the trigger just felt bleh. I was talkin to the guy at the pro shop who convinces me to buy stuff about it and he said that it didn't feel good cause they don't take any time during assembly to fine tune the trigger.

Muddytaco
01-27-2007, 06:00 PM
I was thinking very hard about a shocker until I got to hold one and the trigger just felt bleh. I was talkin to the guy at the pro shop who convinces me to buy stuff about it and he said that it didn't feel good cause they don't take any time during assembly to fine tune the trigger.

he is exactly right, I used peoples shockers before i had mine and hated them all but once i had one and adjust it to my liking i really liked it.

As for guns you have selected, if your actually thinking about buying one of those i would wait a few weeks for more reviews as the mini and epiphany are just hitting the market.

Backmanshooter
02-03-2007, 07:58 PM
All of those had some problems out of the box, I'm sure. PMR/Mini had most..or maybe just recently. I'd say soya/promaster is best out of the box.

MVS1
02-03-2007, 08:18 PM
The PMR seems like a damn good marker and depending on who you talk to its compared to the PM6, however the Ion has been working on a really good rep and the epiphany has just about everything you'd want right out of the box, the mini is just too cool to pass up and although ICD has had some issues with their markers their design is excellent, with all that said, If I was picking for the list I'd have to go with the PMR or the Epiphany.