PDA

View Full Version : It's like I was never gone

vikingshadow
01-06-2007, 05:46 PM
I went to the field for the first time in months today. I actually only wanted to get air and paint for the Rail, but I ended up staying and teching guns, helping players and so forth....several people wanted me to teach them how to play, so I worked with a couple of them. Pretty ok stuff.

THEN, this guy comes in and says that the "new field team" was talking trash at school how they were the NEW Catalyst and that they could walk over the OLD Catalyst anytime they wanted. Of course, this is my weakness - when kids call me out, or call my team out! I bit my tongue, because it wasn't my team anymore, and they weren't there to defend themselves.

About 30 minutes later, guess who shows up? The team that's taken to calling themselves the NEW Catalyst! Oh, I was ready for this! After all the goofing around, I went out and watched them practice scrimmage....man, they looked like poo wrapped in flies! It was actually painful watching them play and call themselves by my team name!

Sooooo, I subtlely asked them about what they'd been saying at school....went something like this. By the way, there's a HUGE audience of about 30 people listening....

"What's your team name?"

"Hahaha - Catalyst."

"Really. You realize that Catalyst is still around, and that this is their home field, right?"

"I heard you retired!"

"Doesn't matter. I did, but the team didn't. This is a respected name. You have to earn it - you don't just take it. Seriously! You don't take someone's name without their permission, especially when that team is at the same field. But don't worry about that - I hear you're telling everyone at school that you can take the original Catalyst out."

"We didn't say that! Where'd you here that?"

"Duh, I work at the school! How about if your team just head on out to the field and me and Louie here will be right out to play you guys."

"Um, gonna have to think about that. Nah, don't think so! Hahahah!"

"Tell you what, you're going to a tournament in a couple of weeks. You do good there and not hurt the Catalyst name, and you can keep it. If you don't you're going to have to play us to keep it. K?"

"No, we'll come up with something else."

"I'm just messing with you. Use whatever name you want. But if you're going to talk trash about us, then be big enough to back it up. Don't write checks with your mouth that your butt can't cash!" (I'm waiting for the phone calls from angry parents on this one, LOL!

So, it's like I never left the tournament scene. I jumped right back in there with smart assedness and anger....it felt pretty good actually! And I was REALLY glad he didn't take me up on the challenge! After almost a year, I bet they could have gotten me pretty easily!

On the one hand, I'm glad the team is continuing, but on the other I wish it were by more respectful players. That was the one thing I tried to foster in the players we had - respect for the team and name.

Sorry for the rant, just had to get it off my chest....goes to show I guess I care a bit more than I thought!

TheRedBarron
01-06-2007, 05:52 PM
TL DR? Write a book maybe I will read it. :p

Props to ya buddy. (I did read it I promise)

Hossy
01-06-2007, 05:52 PM
GOOO VIKE!

werent you asked to be a coach for a team a little while ago?

DRAGON
01-06-2007, 07:36 PM
Who's Catalyst and Vik, quit pickin in teh noobzerz -

vikingshadow
01-07-2007, 06:16 AM
Hahaha - I felt bad most of the evening for picking on them. But dangit! I just hate people who do that and my big mouth won't shut up when it happens to me...

My mouth as written PLENTY of checks my own butt couldn't back, but I sure as hell can bluff my way out of a few hot ones....

Hossy - yes there was a team that asked me to coach them. They ended up not being much of a team and split up about two months later. I think one of my ex-teammates coached them for awhile, but they didn't want to actually do anything.

newkid
01-07-2007, 07:46 AM
lol what abunch of dumb turkeys

xtraking
01-07-2007, 09:45 AM
Vike is the king of threads that 75% of the people, like me, take the time to read.

Anybody realize this?

marvin-martian
01-07-2007, 10:17 AM
Vike is the king of threads that 75% of the people, like me, take the time to read.

Anybody realize this?

i never noticed that. the only long posts i actually read are vikes. well, a large majority of them anyway.

Hoppy11
01-07-2007, 11:17 AM
First long post read by Hoppy!

I think its awsome that you stood up for it. I hate people like that and they are all over the place. I think you should have made them choose a different name.. its almost plagerism (sp?).

vikingshadow
01-07-2007, 01:36 PM
You guys read these things? Sheesh!

Just playing! Well, I didn't really understand why they would choose our name. It's like they want to steal our reputation and go from there. Now, if they'd actually came to our practices, tried out or were asked to play on the team, I'd feel lots different about all this mess.

Oh well. I'm not a member of that team anymore, so if the guys want to let them do that, so be it.

Hossy
01-07-2007, 01:38 PM
vike why dont you ever get on AIM.... :(

so now vikes a free agent, who wants him?