PDA

View Full Version : I've confirmed my passion. Criticism please!

*EM1-Master*
01-06-2007, 01:20 AM
So I've been playing around with the idea of studying photography in college. Tonight, I got a gig shooting a fashion show at a super-hip club in Atlanta(The Mark). I felt so at home behind my camera and I got COUNTLESS amazing shots. It's totally confirmed my aspirations and I'm so excited about studying this stuff in college now.

Not to mention that I've got my college paid for simply because of this night. I am now the exclusive photographer for Cocaine Energy Drink/Redux Beverages. I've got gigs lined up for a few months now. I met and made plans with no less than 4 event coordinators. I was invited back to every future fashion show at this club. This entire day has been a dream come true for me. Haha crazy stuff.

I'll be posting my pictures here in this thread and I'd love for you guys to offer me some criticism on my work. Oh, and for my fellow shutterbugs, shutter drag is the best thing that ever happened to us for accurately capturing the club atmosphere. Pics in the morning!

Xyxyll
01-06-2007, 02:40 AM
Congratulations! I look forward to seeing some of your pictures.

Hossy
01-06-2007, 08:03 AM
oh boy cant wait!

CONGRATS BUD!

DRAGON
01-06-2007, 08:08 AM
Good news! Keep us posted - ;)

durrell
01-06-2007, 08:21 AM
Awesome man..glad to see things are looking up for you. :up:

DFSniper
01-06-2007, 08:50 AM
schweet!

Team Ramrod
01-06-2007, 08:55 AM
Congrat's.

Now we need pics of the good lookin' models;)

Moe
01-06-2007, 10:45 AM
That's awesome! I have a buddy who is a business major with an emphasis in photography. He is a great photographer, it is definitely a great career to pursue.

marvin-martian
01-06-2007, 11:12 AM
sounds wonderful! im glad somethings finally going right for someone on kusa.

Halucin8
01-06-2007, 11:23 AM
sounds like just what you said a dream come true now get some pics of those models with markers and little else

*EM1-Master*
01-07-2007, 08:35 PM
sounds like just what you said a dream come true now get some pics of those models with markers and little else
Haha hell yes man. I'm working on my list of stuff I want to buy to set up a little studio... But toying with the idea of just renting a studio in downtown Atlanta when I want to do a serious shoot... Don't know... Less of an investment for the latter. But I've got a few models I'm talking to who are interested in doing a little bit of work for me. I turned out fewer decent pictures at the club than I was hoping for, but still got some definite keepers for my portfolio. I'll post the pics here soon.

timmyshoota
01-07-2007, 08:39 PM
I turned out fewer decent pictures at the club than I was hoping for, but still got some definite keepers for my portfolio. I'll post the pics here soon.
Thats what you get for buying Nikon. :dodgy: