PDA

View Full Version : Getting Halo made of carbon fiber

Theheroguy
01-05-2007, 06:32 PM
Yup you read it right. Tommorow is my last game until July. Tuesday I'm having leg exstention sugery that takes until july to fully heal and strengthen. The are putting a device around my leg called a "halo" that's made of carbon fiber. It fully circles my leg and it stretches when I trun dials on it according to numbers the doctors give me. I may be out of school for the first six weeks on home and hospital howard county tutoring. I get to take midterms as soon as I come back from feeling like crap. I'll make sure to get a person out for everyone of you.(and every stupid post I've ever made)

rafb86
01-05-2007, 06:51 PM
sorry to hear that man , but yeah if it makes you feel any better my last day of PB for probably about 6 months was 3 weeks ago. I tore my ACL and MCL in my knee ( for those of you whom dont know they are the main ligament in you knee that stabilizes your leg) while playing soccer. Now have get surgery and a poop load of physical therapy for the next 6 months...:mad: so yeah i know how you feel...
ps i think one of the things they are ganna put in my knee is delrin lol ..

killerpinecone
01-05-2007, 06:57 PM
sorry to hear that man , but yeah if it makes you feel any better my last day of PB for probably about 6 months was 3 weeks ago. I tore my ACL and MCL in my knee ( for those of you whom dont know they are the main ligament in you knee that stabilizes your leg) while playing soccer. Now have get surgery and a poop load of physical therapy for the next 6 months...:mad: so yeah i know how you feel...

dont lube it will swell (sp?) Lol

Abe2112
01-05-2007, 07:29 PM
I thought you were talking about a carbon fiber halo hopper :(

I hope everthing goes well.

Hob Hayward
01-05-2007, 07:38 PM

Physical terrorism is the worst.

I ended up having my ACL be stronger than my bone so when I jumped off a wall while sprinting and the lower part of leg bent sideways, it ripped a chunk of bone on the top of my tibia off. Knee surgery and 6 mo/ later I was fine, but regaining range of motion in my leg was easily the most painful experience I have ever had in my life. Hope yours ins't as bad...

TheHeroGuy I also though you were talking about a carbon fiber Halo shell, lol. Good luck with the surgery!

Theheroguy
01-05-2007, 08:18 PM
I thought you were talking about a carbon fiber halo hopper :(

I hope everthing goes well.

I know it was supposed to sound like that:D

badlandsrox
01-05-2007, 08:49 PM
man, that sucks :(

and btw, shouldnt this be in the non-paintball forum?

Abe2112
01-06-2007, 05:01 AM

Did you really just say that?

yamaha cow
01-06-2007, 07:58 AM

YAH DUDE WAT THE CRAP!!!!!!

bigred76
01-06-2007, 11:26 AM
Yes, this thread is supposed to be in the NPT, but it isn't, and will be moved when the mods feel like it most likely. If not, oh well.

Yes, he did post that, as you were about to quote it. ;)

Good luck getting out 367 + members when you get back, HeroGuy... lol, Just messin' with ya... Sounds like it'll be painful, just tough it out and you'll be fine. Props for deciding to go through with this, and good luck!

yamaha cow
01-06-2007, 01:24 PM
yah i hope it goes well GOOD luck:applause:

Theheroguy
01-06-2007, 06:10 PM
Yes, this thread is supposed to be in the NPT, but it isn't, and will be moved when the mods feel like it most likely. If not, oh well.

Yes, he did post that, as you were about to quote it. ;)

Good luck getting out 367 + members when you get back, HeroGuy... lol, Just messin' with ya... Sounds like it'll be painful, just tough it out and you'll be fine. Props for deciding to go through with this, and good luck!

nuh uh it's about paintball

rafb86
01-07-2007, 08:42 PM
Physical terrorism is the worst.

I ended up having my ACL be stronger than my bone so when I jumped off a wall while sprinting and the lower part of leg bent sideways, it ripped a chunk of bone on the top of my tibia off. Knee surgery and 6 mo/ later I was fine, but regaining range of motion in my leg was easily the most painful experience I have ever had in my life. Hope yours ins't as bad...
Good luck with the surgery!

thanks yeah hopefully the same thing doesn't happen to me

sixpackdragon
01-07-2007, 09:51 PM
Yup you read it right. Tommorow is my last game until July. Tuesday I'm having leg exstention sugery that takes until july to fully heal and strengthen. The are putting a device around my leg called a "halo" that's made of carbon fiber. It fully circles my leg and it stretches when I trun dials on it according to numbers the doctors give me. I may be out of school for the first six weeks on home and hospital howard county tutoring. I get to take midterms as soon as I come back from feeling like crap. I'll make sure to get a person out for everyone of you.(and every stupid post I've ever made)
hey man sry to hear about that, I hope a miracle happens so u can get back in the game!