PDA

View Full Version : Charging Problems [Spyder]

Shado
01-05-2007, 01:36 AM
Ok, well I am going Paintballing on Saturday with my friends and the problem is that when I hook up the charger to the gun, it won't charge. Well the good thing is that my friend has a Spyder also, so I can probably charge it with his charger if it isn't my gun as the problem. I don't know why it would be the problem because I have only used the gun like a 2-3 times.

So if you can give me a couple things that I could try would be great.

The gun is the Spyder Electra ACS '05

Do you think it would be ok if I could use like a NiMH battery if I can't get the problem fixed? Like can you recommend some batteries that wouldn't fry the circuit board.

druid
01-05-2007, 06:33 AM
Ok, well I am going Paintballing on Saturday with my friends and the problem is that when I hook up the charger to the gun, it won't charge. Make sure the marker's off when charging it. Well the good thing is that my friend has a Spyder also, so I can probably charge it with his charger if it isn't my gun as the problem. If your charger isn't working with it, why would another one? I don't know why it would be the problem because I have only used the gun like a 2-3 times.

So if you can give me a couple things that I could try would be great.
Did you charge it for 14 hours uninterrupted? Try that
The gun is the Spyder Electra ACS '05

Do you think it would be ok if I could use like a NiMH battery if I can't get the problem fixed? As opposed to a NiCd...yes. NiMh is a good choice. Get one rated at 9.6V, 180-200 mAh and don't use alkalines because they aren't strong enough for all day play. An alkaline will wirk in a pinch, it just won't last long. Like can you recommend some batteries that wouldn't fry the circuit board.
Just did.

invisibledrummer
01-05-2007, 11:21 AM
did you use your marker right after you charged it? because i know that the Electra '06 with eyes has a...glitch that allows it to continue to suck power out of the battery even while its off. it takes about 2 days to empty a fully charged battery with no use of the marker. im not sure if the '05 electra has the same problem or not, but you can try that. if your marker has the same....glitch then do what we all do and just pull the battery out of the marker right after charging and put it back in when you get to the field. and charge it like the night before you play or better yet, the day of if you have enough time.

Hope that helped

Drummer

avantpaintballer99
01-05-2007, 02:15 PM
it could be alot of things
what you are describing happened to me a while back with my e99
i had fried the battery and had to buy a new one ($20)
or your charger or frame could be fried
try borrowing a friends battery/charger if possible you can usually troubleshoot it from there