PDA

View Full Version : Anybody watching the free fight's on Spike TV tonight?

QAZ123
01-16-2006, 05:45 AM
Ultimate Fight Night 3 UFC on Spike TV (http://www.ufc.tv/)

http://tinypic.com/kcf291.jpg

Look's like a pretty good lineup I'm anxious to see the James Irvin against Stephan Bonner fight. I think I'm putting my money on Irvin as I've watched some of his earlier fight's and he's got what it takes!

The main event I don't really care for and might not even stay up to watch. It's just another fight where there trying to give Tim Sylvia a win by setting him up against a guy that's not even a top ten heavyweight and is 40 lb's lighter and eight inches shorter. Tim will get the win unless there is an upset which is doubtful but then when he fight's a top ten tier heavyweight he will have is hand's full again!

Leben and Rivera will be throwing bomb's at each other more than likely and should be a great fight!

I hope they show some of the preliminaries as I really want to see Melvin Guillard fight again but it's doubtful they show it!

Anybody else watching?

JB.

Drefish99
01-16-2006, 05:49 AM
You know it!!!.

QAZ123
01-16-2006, 07:24 AM
Also supposedly there is going to be "the biggest announcement ever in UFC history" tonight. Heck I thought at there last PPV the announcement of Tito and Ken being TUF3 coaches was huge not sure what could beat that!

Edit-
A lil bird told me they signed Wanderlei Silva but that's not a fact though just a rumor but yeah it was also a rumor that they resigned Tito and all of a sudden he comes prancing out!
JB.

ricochet08
01-16-2006, 07:26 AM
im all over it :)

QAZ123
01-16-2006, 08:18 AM
Flying submission's (http://media.putfile.com/FlyingSubs)
I've pulled one of these off (armbar) in practice before no more after that though everybody I grapple with is a lot taller than me and I ain't got no hop's!

JB.

Drefish99
01-16-2006, 06:43 PM
OMG Gracie Vs. Hues? I never saw that coming.... I think Gracie might be out of this one... He won't be able to stand with Hues.

adrianm1188
01-16-2006, 07:17 PM
Nate Quarry owns

Drefish99
01-16-2006, 07:22 PM
Nate Quarry owns

You forgot the :dodgy:

He kinda got knocked out by Franklin - http://www.brickfist.com/5.Martial_Arts/51.Nate_Quarry_Vs_Rich_Franklin.html

adrianm1188
01-16-2006, 07:30 PM
You forgot the :dodgy:

He kinda got knocked out by Franklin - http://www.brickfist.com/5.Martial_Arts/51.Nate_Quarry_Vs_Rich_Franklin.html

Oh damn! Never saw that Fight!

So!.... :dodgy:

Cant win'em all!

Besides, I like his style

QAZ123
01-16-2006, 07:31 PM
Yeah I kinda forgot they posted all the "surprises" on mmaweekly today I forgot to post them!

There should be a couple more announced lol!

Dang I guess that's why they call him Duane "BANG" Ludwig! 11 second KO!!

JB.

QAZ123
01-16-2006, 07:32 PM
Oh damn! Never saw that Fight!

So!.... :dodgy:

Cant win'em all!

Besides, I like his style
He'll be back. Just need's more fight's with top ten tier contender's before jumping in the ring with Mr. #1!

JB.

adrianm1188
01-16-2006, 07:48 PM
Some of the fighters im watching right now are ****s...

They land huge blows AFTER the guy is unconcious. I could understand its because the adrenaline and the moment, but jumping up celebrating while you just knocked out some dude and continued to hit his head against the mat is just Wrong.

I respect The ICEMAN because he atleast lets them get back up before continuing.

QAZ123
01-16-2006, 07:57 PM
I dunno I have mixed feeling's on it also. I'd like to think I would stop hitting once I know they are incapacitated but you never know.

I do know though when cornering for my buddies mma fight's during the promoter's talk they tell you straight up not to stop fighting until the ref stop's the fight. They even tell you that say you have somebody in an armbar and they are tapping do not let up on cranking it until the ref stop's so I dunno.

One guy I helped get ready for his fight he was doing well got the guy in a half gaurd landed a huge elbow on the guy and the guy did go unconscious for a split second. During that second they guy stopped the onslaught and looked up at the ref wondering why he isn't calling it. That's all it took for his opponent to slip his leg over his neck and go for an armbar and sunk it in had my buddy tapping in no time!

I guess it just depend's on the situation I dunno!

This Sylvia/Silva fight is a joke!

JB.

Drefish99
01-16-2006, 07:58 PM
I respect The ICEMAN because he atleast lets them get back up before continuing.

He kinda lets them back up cuz he knows he can own them on his feet rather than doing a ground game. His ground game isn't the best hence Coture's win in Coture VS. Liddel #1.

Drefish99
01-16-2006, 08:01 PM
This Sylvia/Silva fight is a joke!

I really hope Silvia's career in the UFC isn't through but I agree. This match was kinda pathetic. I don't think he should have won. He kinda cheated Sylvia of a take down by holding the fence. :mad:

QAZ123
01-16-2006, 08:04 PM
His ground game isn't the best hence Coture's win in Coture VS. Liddel #1.
I can't wait to see the third fight! Should be comiing up soon I think!

Yeah Liddell want's the KO as his ground game isn't that great but I will say if he goes down a lot of times he get's right back up lol!

That was a pathetic main event lol! Sylvia just went to a decision against a guy that hasn't fought MMA in over a year and now he get's a title shot. Wow that's just great hopefully Arlovski takes him out again!

JB.

adrianm1188
01-16-2006, 08:04 PM
the sylvia fight, did he only have one chest muscle?

Word around my school weight room is some kid only has one chest muscle also. plays football.

wierd.

QAZ123
01-16-2006, 08:06 PM
He kinda cheated Sylvia of a take down by holding the fence. :mad:
Your right that kinda sucked as that could have made a world of a differenc getting him on the ground.

Point's should have been taken away at least! Oh well!

I'm glad to have seen Duane Ludwig back heck I didn't even know he was fighting tonight!

JB.

QAZ123
01-16-2006, 08:07 PM
[QUOTE=adrianm1188]the sylvia fight, did he only have one chest muscle?
QUOTE]
That's Tre Telligman. Sylvia fought him a couple month's back but not tonight though.

JB.

adrianm1188
01-16-2006, 08:14 PM
wait...which one are you guys watching?

I just saw him fight that Big 6"8 dude on Spike.

Drefish99
01-16-2006, 08:24 PM
Yeah that is Silvia. The other guy with dreds was Sylvia.

The one chested guy when he was a child he was in a car accident and has lost most of his right pectoral muscle.

adrianm1188
01-16-2006, 08:28 PM
You guys are watching BEST OF 2005 UFC, right?

QAZ123
01-17-2006, 04:14 AM
No we watched "UFC Ultimate fight night" live on SpikeTV!

Did I get my Sylvia/Sylva's mixed up sorry!

JB.

BallerX
01-17-2006, 04:52 AM
I watched up until the Irvin/Bonner fight. So Bonner take the win then I went to bed. Did I miss anythig?

Gracie vs. Hughes huh? Isn't Gracie like 90 now or something? I don't know what kind of shape the dude's in, but I'm just not sure he can take on Hughes...

QAZ123
01-17-2006, 04:59 AM
Bonner won by a Kimurai! I was really hoping it was going to be a slugfest as I was hoping to see Irvin with a KO. I really want to see that guy up in the rank's! His last KO was wicked!

It's a good bet to say that Hughes will dismantle Gracie but we'll see! Gracie has fought for K-1 once a year at there New Year's show with some success. I know 2004 he beat Akebono who is weighing in a over 300 lb's and he beat him without a Gi on so who know's. It should be an interesting fight!

JB.

BallerX
01-17-2006, 07:10 AM
I know, I was really hoping to see Bonner & Irvin just beat on each other for awhile, I really didn't have a favorite going in to that one, but it was still fun.
Irvin's flying knee KO was wicked, but the guy was going in for an attack at the same time Irvin hit him with the knee. I don't know if he'd be able to get those circumstances again... either way, he is a hell of a fighter.

I didn't know Gracie was fighting in K1, so that's something. At least he's staying active. But one fight a year? Hardly a rigourus scheduele... (me no spelly no good!)

QAZ123
01-17-2006, 07:35 AM
Gracie vs Akebono New Year's eve 2004! (http://youtube.com/w/Royce-Gracie-vs.-Akebono?v=WkgJPmrEzyM&search=GRACIE)

Drefish99
01-17-2006, 08:01 AM
Interesting. And Hues did loose his belt last by submission... This will be an interestng fight.

QAZ123
01-17-2006, 08:06 AM
Yep Hughes lost to BJ Penn awhile back! Also if you ever saw Hughes against Charuto Verissimo you'll noticed he about got submitted repeatedly! If I find that fight I'll send a link. It wasn't a good fight though a lot of lay n pray on Hughes part!

JB.

Drefish99
01-17-2006, 08:11 AM
Yeah that BJ Penn fight was pretty good. What happened to BJ Penn after that? I never saw when he lost the belt and to whom.

QAZ123
01-17-2006, 08:29 AM
Yeah that BJ Penn fight was pretty good. What happened to BJ Penn after that? I never saw when he lost the belt and to whom.

K here's the story on that!

BJ beat Hughes.
BJ then decides to take a fight for K1 to fight Duane "Bang" Ludwig (he fought last night with that 11 second KO) and Dana White told him if he fought he was going to strip him of the belt and tear up his contract!
BJ went and fought Ludwig and beat him I think by KO!
BJ go the belt stripped from him and lost his contract with the UFC.
BJ sues and they reach a payout agreement.
UFC want's to bring in the best now that they have the SpikeTV contract so they resign BJ Penn! He came out at the last PPV wearing a shirt that said "Still the champ"
Under Penn's contract it is stated that he get's to fight the number one contender (which is now St. Pierre) then if he win's he fight's for the welterweight title!
If he win's both of them and get's the welterweight title his contract states then that his third fight he will be fighting the middleweight champion for his title!

He pull's all that off he will be legend status I believe!

Oh yeah in between him being stripped of the welterweight title and being resigned he fought at welterweight(170) then fought at middleweight(185) and took a fight fight a heavyweight in which BJ only weighed in at 183 lb's in that match. I think he lost to a decision though I can't remember!

I don't think he will be St. Pierre though but we will see!

JB.