PDA

View Full Version : should i or does it matter

tnballer
01-04-2007, 05:14 PM
i just bought the spyder pilot acs and i hear all this talk about breaking it in is it realy nesisary and what is the benefit of breaking in the spyder

Halucin8
01-04-2007, 05:18 PM
you break in the bolt not the entire marker. if you want the bolt not to chop or recock after it hits a ball you will want to break in the spring in the bolt. you will be much happier with a bolt that has been broken in.

boomerisnuts
01-04-2007, 05:21 PM
What most people are talking about is breaking in the acs bolt. breaking in the acs bolt is crucial if you want to prevent chops. all you have to do is take out the bolt and compress like 500 times or do it while you watch tv for about 30-45 minutes. also you are going to want to oil your marker( only paintball oil). hope this helped im sure others will explain it more throughly.
boomer:)

boomerisnuts
01-04-2007, 05:22 PM
sorry when i looked at this thread no one posted and it takes me forever to type.:)

tnballer
01-04-2007, 05:42 PM
thanks for the input i will take the advise

pb34
01-04-2007, 08:24 PM
I'd suggest not oiling the bolt though, sometimes if you oil the bolt it can swell. Some people have it swell and some people don't but its not worth taking the chance. You do need to oil the o-ring on the striker though.

Sandman_Bravo
01-05-2007, 04:18 AM
I'd suggest not oiling the bolt though, sometimes if you oil the bolt it can swell. Some people have it swell and some people don't but its not worth taking the chance. You do need to oil the o-ring on the striker though.

I smear dow33 on all my internals then give a few drops of oil to the o-rings. I have a Bandit Bolt with o-rings and they use a material that wont swell! I just ordered some slick honey from hobby horse; I check that out also.