PDA

View Full Version : Electra/w Eye vs. VS3

Triple xXx
01-04-2007, 11:38 AM
My GF bought me the Electra w/ Eye for Christmas. I am not sure what to do right now. I only play woods ball for fun.

I was thinking about getting the VS3 instead (both are the same price).

Electra- Both Co2 and Air, older model, battery hog, convenience of both air and Co2, 500 psi operation

VS3- Air only, new tehcnology, battery problem may be resolved?:confused: , 200 psi operation

It seems that if I stay with the Electra, I can find more places to fill up Co2 than I can Air only for the VS3.

timmyshoota
01-04-2007, 11:43 AM
I doubt the battery problem has been resolved, but I'd stick with what you got. The big difference is gonna be in the valve assembly. The VS will get you probably more shots, and be a better overall gun, but playing woodsball for fun you probably won't need or notice it. An Electra and 2 20oz tanks will probably satisfy your playing needs.

Also, just think if you bought your GF something and she turned around and sold it for something else. You wouldn't be too happy would you? Gotta keep teh womenz happy. :)

Triple xXx
01-04-2007, 12:14 PM
:mad: I doubt the battery problem has been resolved, but I'd stick with what you got. The big difference is gonna be in the valve assembly. The VS will get you probably more shots, and be a better overall gun, but playing woodsball for fun you probably won't need or notice it. An Electra and 2 20oz tanks will probably satisfy your playing needs.

Also, just think if you bought your GF something and she turned around and sold it for something else. You wouldn't be too happy would you? Gotta keep teh womenz happy. :)

I spoke with someone about it on the phone from a wholesaler. (800#)

He said that the internals are exactly the same in the Electra w/Eye and the VS3. And that it's just a marketing strategy on Kingman's part. He also said that you can use Co2 on the VS3 as well. Again a marketing strategy.

He mentioned that I will get less shots with air than Co2. I did not know that.

I also spoke with Kingman to see what they had to say.

My GF paid $299 for the Electra at some shop. The VS3 online is $239! Hell, the Electra online is $239. So I was just tryig to save her a few bucks.....

bamf-hacker
01-04-2007, 12:26 PM
The wholesaler you called was full of the stuff that makes the grass grow ;)

The VS markers have a new designed Valve. Yes you can use CO2 on the VS3 but it is not a great idea.

and HPA will not give you less shots that CO2, if anything it will give you more, because the air coming out of the tank is not dependent on expansion or temperature.

Keep you girl happy and stay with what she got you. Use it for awhile and if you want something different later just sell it.

timmyshoota
01-04-2007, 12:55 PM

The VS markers have a new designed Valve. Yes you can use CO2 on the VS3 but it is not a great idea.

and HPA will not give you less shots that CO2, if anything it will give you more, because the air coming out of the tank is not dependent on expansion or temperature.

Keep you girl happy and stay with what she got you. Use it for awhile and if you want something different later just sell it.

I always got more shots from CO2 than HPA. I could never get a HPA tank to match the numbers I got with a 20oz CO2.

bamf-hacker
01-04-2007, 12:58 PM
I always got more shots from CO2 than HPA. I could never get a HPA tank to match the numbers I got with a 20oz CO2.

Now you sparked my interest...

Tonight test. Rodeo CO2 vs HPA

I will report back

timmyshoota
01-04-2007, 01:14 PM
Make sure to use comparable tanks. Ones that are listed to have similar efficiency numbers.

Triple xXx
01-04-2007, 01:24 PM

Well yes...the valve system on the VS3 is a LP system. He said that the only difference in the LP system was "kickback". You get less kickback with the VS3. Other than that they are the same internals in the Electra.

I've spoken with several people today who said that you do get less shots with HPA than you do with Co2.

A 3000 psi tank will give you about 10 shots per cubic inch.
A 4500 psi tank will give you about 15 shots per cubic inch.

A Pure Energy HPA Tank 48ci 3000 psi tank will only give you about 500 shots.

TheRedBarron
01-04-2007, 01:34 PM
Troof, me too.

ShadowX
01-04-2007, 01:39 PM
I am with Bamf and Timmyshoota on this one.. I say keep the electra and just use it, put a couple of moderate upgrades on it (barrel, good electro hopper, and HPA)

The biggest thing you could do to improve the performance of your Electra would be to invest in an HPA tank.. Even though the Electra will run on Co2, any marker will run better on HPA..

Also, I have owned two or three electro Spyders and I have never noticed an inefficient battery.. I have always used the 9.6v Java Rechargeable that came with the markers though.. They are great batterys.. On a full charge they would last upwards of 10,000 shots..

bamf-hacker
01-04-2007, 01:46 PM
OK here is the deal...

I am going to get a hold of a Spyder TL (no reg to skew results) and fill a 20oz full and a 68/45 full.

I will shoot indoors so no temp variables will apply. Look for the results in a few days.

My speculation on a non LP Spyder that needs 550-850psi to re cock and shoot the HPA will provide more shots. Again just speculation and we need to remember we are comparing apples to oranges. But it will still be fun to do.

Triple xXx
01-04-2007, 01:51 PM
OK here is the deal...

I am going to get a hold of a Spyder TL (no reg to skew results) and fill a 20oz full and a 68/45 full.

I will shoot indoors so no temp variables will apply. Look for the results in a few days.

My speculation on a non LP Spyder that needs 550-850psi to re cock and shoot the HPA will provide more shots. Again just speculation and we need to remember we are comparing apples to oranges. But it will still be fun to do.

The 68/45 will give you about 1,020 shots. Not sure about the 20 oz Co2 but around 1,100-1,300. No?

timmyshoota
01-04-2007, 02:14 PM
AV rates both at 1100 shots. It should be a good comparison.

ShadowX
01-04-2007, 02:20 PM
I think the Co2 will win it..

Halucin8
01-04-2007, 02:35 PM
co2 will give you more shots in a more compact container. You would have to figure out the cubic inches in the 20 ouce cylinder then compare that to a 48 or whatever inch hpa tank. and you will find co2 gives you more shots only becausee c02 is a liquid therefore more dense and takes up less space.

wylde01
01-04-2007, 03:25 PM
co2 may give you more shots but due to no reg on it how do you know when it runs out? with hpa you have a reg on the bottle. also co2 eats up the o-rings in your gun and the shots are less accurate.

Halucin8
01-04-2007, 05:15 PM
a reg doesnt' tell you anythign about how much of anything is left it is a guage that tells you that and i run a guage on my pilot on co2. only liquid co2 eats orings once it is a gas it is no harder on orings than nitrogen or hpa. the problem is it takes to long to change from liquid to gas at todays rates of fire and nitrogen or hpa is already a gas. also we were not discussing the qualities of either just which one gives us more shots. I think most of us know the bennies to using n2/hpa. for those that do not try the search button it has been discussed many times or even pm me i will be glad to talk to you about it

Triple xXx
01-04-2007, 07:47 PM
What is it called when you add a litte Co2 to an HPA tank?

08Lud08
01-04-2007, 07:57 PM
nothing, you cant and no one is gonna try.

timmyshoota
01-04-2007, 08:28 PM
What is it called when you add a litte Co2 to an HPA tank?
Dangerous.

Hob Hayward
01-04-2007, 08:28 PM
You would have some serious problems if you added co2 to an HPA tank.

I find co2 isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be. Co2 does not eat o-rings, thats prettymuch just a bad rep for co2. Yes, you can cause o-rings to swell while using co2 and if they get cold enough they will break, but thats at the point when your gun is frosting up, they don't slowly decay or anything. So long as you don't shoot too fast, co2 is excellent. If you plan on playing speedball HPA is prettymuch a must to sustain high ROF, though I have found my LP imagine can shoot a hopper on full auto with no velocity or recocking issues. On a normal spyder that won't work.

*EM1-Master*
01-05-2007, 08:42 AM
Well yes...the valve system on the VS3 is a LP system. He said that the only difference in the LP system was "kickback". You get less kickback with the VS3. Other than that they are the same internals in the Electra.

Untrue. The VS series has been the biggest redesign for Kingman since god knows when. The striker is different, the valve is different, the frames are different, the bolts are different, I believe to go with the new style strikers which are much smaller than before... The dude was full of poopoo.

turbo chicken
01-05-2007, 08:49 AM
keep what you have ... it will serve you fine and you won't be forced to buy a HPA Tank ... use the savings to play a couple of weekends.

sixpackdragon
01-07-2007, 10:08 PM
this is from yer gf man c'mon this should be easy.....why wouldn't you want to keep it? I own a vs3 marker but you really arnt missing out on that much, provided the electra has more upgrades at the moment, they both are very much the same. Like most people have mentioned, you can always sell it later after you've gotten bored of it, or really just make sure she doesn't find out because thats gonna break her heart, trust me on this :(

tweak
01-12-2007, 05:42 AM
I can say that with the vs3 im seeing more shots then i did with my other spyder guns so i think they might have increase the battery life. I will definately know this weekend because my friends just got the electra with eyes and i will see how long it last.

Triple xXx
01-12-2007, 05:56 AM
I can say that with the vs3 im seeing more shots then i did with my other spyder guns so i think they might have increase the battery life. I will definately know this weekend because my friends just got the electra with eyes and i will see how long it last.

Have your buddy fully charge the Electra w/ Eyes for about 6-8 hours. Then turn it off for one or two days. The battery probably will drain dead in one day. The circuit board drains the battery while the unit is off.

You can call Kngman and they will send you a new battery and circuit board for free. I just got mine in the mail yesterday even though I am not sure if i am going to keep it.

There is no known battery problem with the VS3.

Man, I picked up my first VS3 yesterday at the store. They are much better looking than what I thought. The VS3 is lighter than the Electra. It's a nice marker!

invisibledrummer
01-12-2007, 08:48 AM
You can call Kngman and they will send you a new battery and circuit board for free.

i have an electra and am aware of this problem but does the new circuit board correct the problem or not? either way, i might look into it for the spare battery.

*EM1-Master*
01-12-2007, 11:52 AM
i have an electra and am aware of this problem but does the new circuit board correct the problem or not? either way, i might look into it for the spare battery.
They wouldn't send you another faulty board to go in place of your faulty board ;) That'd be a little counter-intuitive, no?

Triple xXx
01-12-2007, 12:40 PM

Yes. I think that it does. I called and told them that I was having battery problems. They said that they would send me a new circuit board and a new battery. I had it at my door in a few days.

I guess, I assumed, that it would resolve the issue. :confused:

I can't imagine him sending me the same circuit board all over again.