PDA

View Full Version : New mp3 Player

shunut
01-03-2007, 09:38 AM
Okay, I'm in the market for a new mp3 player. Currently I have a Creative MuVo FM, 256 mb (pictured below). I've had it for about 2-3 years and I absolutely love it but it just doesn't have enough memory. Everytime I want to put music onto it I have to take some off first. I'm pretty sure I want to stick with Creative. I know I don't want an iPod (so if you choose other, don't say iPod). I really don't care if they can store photos or video, I'll just use it for music. I'm hoping that there are others who have the Creative models I'm looking at, anyway, here they are.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f395/shunut/muvofm.jpg
This is the one I have.

1. Creative Zen Neeon 2

Size: ~3.2" x 1.7" x .5"
Weight: 50g or ~.11 lbs or ~1.76 oz
Available in 1gb, 2gb or 4gb (I'd probably get 4gb)
Full Color 1.5" Screen
Plays Audio (WMA, MP3 and WAV), Pictures (JPEG) and Short Video Clips (Transcoded AVI)
Cost: $209

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f395/shunut/neeon2.jpg
Creative Zen Neeon 2

2. Creative Zen V Plus

Size: ~1.7" x 2.7" x .6"
Weight: 43.5g or ~.095 lbs or ~1.53 oz
Available in 1gb, 2gb, 4gb or 8gb (I'd probably get 8gb)
Full Color 1.5" Screen
Plays Audio (MP3, WMA, IMA ADPCM, WMA DRM), Pictures (JPEG, Album Art) and Short Video Clips (Transcoded AVI)
Cost: $201-235

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f395/shunut/zenvplus.jpg
Creative Zen V Plus

3. Creative Zen MicroPhoto

Size: ~2" x 3.3" x .68"
Weight: 115gor ~.25 lbs or ~4.06 oz
8gb
1.5", 262,144 color OLED Display
Plays Audio (MP3, WMA, Janus, WAV, IMA ADPCM), Pictures (JPEG, Slide Show)
Cost: $200

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f395/shunut/microphoto.jpg
Creative Zen MicroPhoto

4. Other - Please give me as much information as possible about the player of your choice if not listed above and DO NOT SAY iPOD

Hossy
01-03-2007, 09:41 AM
Ipod :dodgy:

a friend of mine has the Creative Zen V plus, he loves it, but the screen is too small for videos and stuff. Id say go with that one if you want a small compact player :tup:

edit: i think the price on those are tooo high, but 8gbs at 200 bucks arent that bad, if that comes out to what it costs

kidonfire
01-03-2007, 09:54 AM
A Zune.
It has a massive screen can play videos, and has 30 gigs of storage. costs about $250.

Muddytaco
01-03-2007, 10:16 AM
my cousin has sandisk Sansa® e260:
http://www.sandisk.com/Assets/Products/130/Sansa-e200-NEW_130.jpg

works good, really small and you can get anywhere from 2 GB to 8 GB

shunut
01-03-2007, 10:29 AM
Screen size isn't an issue for me. I'm not really getting one of these for video or pictures, I will probably only use it for music. So please don't make your choice based on video capability or screen size. If I wanted video capability I'd go for the Creative Zen Vision M, its won several awards.

Personally I'm leaning towards the Neeon 2 based on its size.

bamf-hacker
01-03-2007, 10:33 AM
that was my vote... I have a Nano because it is small, But i am not aloud to say the "i" word per your instructions. :)

shunut
01-03-2007, 10:43 AM
Well, my sisters all got Nano's for Christmas and 2 of them have been replaced already.

Plus the nice thing about Creative players is they have FM tuners, well most of them do.

08Lud08
01-03-2007, 10:56 AM
I wrote a longer post and it got erased, but I say zen micro photo because of the size, capacity, and its reliability. I got mine last December and it still works perfect like I just bought it yesterday. It fits perfect in my hand and is easy to use. Ipod has a new 8gb nano but I would still chose the micro photo over the ipod because when I was using my friends it would start to freeze when you press next a lot and would freeze when you scroll through too much music. I don't like the neon because the buttons are on the side and if you have a lot of music you will fill it up too easily. I wouldn't get the Zen V Plus because its too small for me. On the mp3 player it say the total space is 7609 mb, I have 935 songs on my micro photo and it still says there is 3208 mb left so I still have enough space for more music. I say stay with creative because Ipods are always having problems and breaking and then another comes out and then you have old one and then have the urge to get the newer one. When I run out of space on my micro photo I'll probably get the zen vision M. heres some pics of mine. the only thing bad I have to say about the micro photo is you cant look at pics and listen to music at the same time and its kinda hard to see the screen outside because the sun gives it glare.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h83/lud_08/HPIM1121.jpg
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h83/lud_08/HPIM1120.jpg
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h83/lud_08/HPIM1118.jpg

*EM1-Master*
01-03-2007, 11:02 AM
iPod...

08Lud08
01-03-2007, 11:19 AM
iPod...
why?

TheRedBarron
01-03-2007, 11:23 AM
Pod not allowed to use the I. but a iPod video is a proven beast, they are small, they are light, and they are not as faulty as the nanos.

splater18
01-03-2007, 11:58 AM
my cousin has sandisk Sansa® e260:
http://www.sandisk.com/Assets/Products/130/Sansa-e200-NEW_130.jpg

works good, really small and you can get anywhere from 2 GB to 8 GB

dude i have that one and it really rocks

it can hold photos music and video
it comes with the software needed to convert the movies and videos
it has an FM tuner (which is acuattually really good)
has many of setting to choose from
the scroll wheel lights up and the screen is reallly bright
the 2gb version is about 100

yamaha cow
01-03-2007, 04:25 PM
i have a whit ipod video that is awesome but my friends have zens and stuff i like the ZEN name better than ipod but i dont really know the differences.??

shunut
01-03-2007, 04:57 PM
iPod...

Obviously you didn't read that I want nothing to do with iPods. I know many people who have had tons and tons of problems with there iPods. 2 of my sisters have had theirs replaced within a week of getting them (they were 2nd gen Nanos).

Pod not allowed to use the I. but a iPod video is a proven beast, they are small, they are light, and they are not as faulty as the nanos.

I've heard the iPod video is okay but I'm not going to use it for video so there is no point in me spending that much money. The only thing I'm going to use it for is music.

Creative makes an amazing product but not as many people have them or have even heard them because they aren't as trendy as iPods and Creative doesn't do as much advertising as Apple does. Of all the people I've talked to that have had both, all say Creative hands down. I've had mine for about 3 years and have never had a problem, ever.

Ares
01-03-2007, 05:15 PM
microphoto. i had the zen micro before they had a color screen and that thing was awesome for the 2 years i had it. the software on it is much better than the ipods imo. it only got replaced b/c i ran out of room

08Lud08
01-03-2007, 06:12 PM
Creative makes an amazing product but not as many people have them or have even heard them because they aren't as trendy as iPods and Creative doesn't do as much advertising as Apple does. Of all the people I've talked to that have had both, all say Creative hands down. I've had mine for about 3 years and have never had a problem, ever.
I hate how people automatically assume that creative labs mp3 players suck because no one heard of them and that ipods are better.
microphoto. i had the zen micro before they had a color screen and that thing was awesome for the 2 years i had it. the software on it is much better than the ipods imo. it only got replaced b/c i ran out of roomI agree about the software, Its way easier to use and you can even use windows media player if you wanted to.

rafb86
01-04-2007, 11:09 AM
i also say get a zune for 250 , it has 30gb, big screen, wireless transfer from zune to zune and Microsoft has good customer service. zune ftw

marvin-martian
01-04-2007, 12:29 PM
i just went to their site to read up on them, and i got really interested in the neeon 2. that my be the mp3 player i get.

Ace24
01-04-2007, 01:25 PM
I love my 4th gen iPod haha. Its the 20GB one that came out before the color ones did. Yes it's backlit.

I got mine for just over $100. It also came with an iTrip. Never had problems with it.

Like you, I dont want to use it for videos, thats why I didnt bother getting an iPod video. I just want the mass storage MP3 player. I'm buying a PSP for video.

Those Zunes look sick. I keep hearing about them and they seem amazing.

shunut
01-04-2007, 01:59 PM
i just went to their site to read up on them, and i got really interested in the neeon 2. that my be the mp3 player i get.

I've been looking at them too and I thought that was going to be the one I was going to buy. Then I started looking for them and looking at the prices. I've found it hard to find them, even on eBay, and when I do they are going for about $200-225. They are very small and I am still considering one, however, check out the Creative Zen Vision M. I know I said I didn't want a video player but that doesn't mean I can't get one and only use it for music. The Vision M has won many awards and I've read many reviews that says it blows the iPod Video out of the water. The 30gb model, on eBay, goes for $200-250, same price as the Neeon 2 and you bet 26 more gigabytes. The Vision M is ~4.1" x 2.4" x .73". The Neeon 2 is ~3.2" x 1.7" x .5". So the Vision M is slightly larger than the Neeon 2 but for the same price you get a ton more memory and a bigger screen. Just wanted to give you that info before you make a decision.

and for the rest of you...

I DON'T WANT AN iPOD!! Thanks.

marvin-martian
01-04-2007, 03:05 PM
gah, theres so much to research!

08Lud08
01-04-2007, 03:15 PM
wireless transfer from zune to zune.I read that you can only transfer one song a day and you can only transfer registered music.

Sandman_Bravo
01-04-2007, 03:52 PM
Neeon ftw
btw, I know several people who have had problems with I-stuff. Not only with their reliability, but customer service also.
Creative has awesome products, did you know they have an e-bay store? (it's one of my favorites)

http://stores.ebay.com/Creative-Labs-Factory-Store_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm

badlandsrox
01-04-2007, 03:59 PM
I read that you can only transfer one song a day and you can only transfer registered music.

and you can only listen too it 3 times.

Anyway, i had an iriver, and it was good, but i left it on the floor of a car last winter, and mud got all inside of it and it didnt work, so i got an **** cuz i got a free upgrade to another mp3 player, which was an **** video 30 gig

08Lud08
01-04-2007, 05:30 PM
Neeon ftw
did you know they have an e-bay store? (it's one of my favorites)

http://stores.ebay.com/Creative-Labs-Factory-Store_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm
I didnt know that. also if you dont care about color screens and want to save money I would get the refurbished Creative Zen Micro 6GB
http://cgi.ebay.com/Creative-Zen-Micro-6GB-Silver-MP3-Player-w-Warranty_W0QQitemZ170066454868QQihZ007QQcategoryZ1 14616QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Hob Hayward
01-04-2007, 07:45 PM
Zen Vision M. I got one for Christmas and I love it. It IS thicker than the ipod, but its format capabilities make it the better if you care about movies. It plays divx xvid, and a host of other movie formats, all automatically scaled down to the screen (no need to convert them into low res movies) plus its great using A/V out, because it automatically upscales to the quality of the file.

How many people do you know with videos on their ipod? I have 2 movies and several episodes of lost on my Vision M already. Got em from my friends comp so we could watch em on a TV.

Its like 180 on Amazon right now I think. I forgot to mention the FM radio aswell as voice and radio recording. Plus once you get used to the interface its significantly easier to use than an Ipod, and we all know Ipods are famed for their interface.

vwjimmy
01-04-2007, 08:18 PM
I voted for the Micro Photo 'cause 8 gigs for 200 seems like the best deal......
I really like my i*** though......

Shado
01-05-2007, 01:57 AM
Lol, sorry to say this. You are saying that you don't want a video and you don't want the iPod 2nd gen. Why not go with the first gen nano? I have the black one, you can get them for cheap, and they last a really long time and I have never had a problem with it. I have had it since December of last year and it works perfect.

shunut
01-05-2007, 07:31 AM
I said I don't want an iPod period. I didn't say it was just the video or 2nd gen Nano that I didn't want. I know too many people who have had problems with their iPod from the original to the latest models. I pretty sure I'm going to go with the Vision M, just because you get 30gb for $200 and it has every function you could ever want, even if I'm not going to use it. Thanks everyone for your help.

I knew they had an eBay store but hadn't been to it. No Neeon 2s :( I'm still researching and reading but I'm 99% sure I know what I'm going to get.

08Lud08
01-05-2007, 06:33 PM
I saw the vision m is $200 so I would get it because if you just have it for music only it would take you a couple years to fill it and it would last.

newkid
01-06-2007, 05:30 PM
Yeah i just filled up my 256mb mp3 player that I've had for 6 months and I only have like 55 songs