PDA

View Full Version : Well, it's been a long time....

vikingshadow
01-02-2007, 02:59 PM
After a long year of not playing, things are about to change.

About a month ago, my ex co-captain approached me and asked if I'd like to join a team he was making with a couple people he knew who used to play on the Brass Eagle All Stars (one was Donavan Clary, who I played with a little over a year ago) and another guy from Tulsa. The catch is that this was going to be for fun only, and we were going to hit some of the bigger, regional tournaments. No pressure, just going out and shooting people. Sounded like a good deal to me, so I said yes, with the possibility of me not staying for long. I wanted an easy out clause!

Problem is, my shocker was down - the solenoid was out AGAIN! I didn't want to drop another 120.00 on a new one, especially since I replaced right before I quit. So, I had to decide on a new gun.

As many of you know, Im pretty difficult to change. Once I find something I like, I stick with it. I wouldnt say Im close-minded, as has been suggested in the past, more like stubborn. Ive shot my Shocker for over 2 years, and since I quit playing, there was no need to get into these new guns. However, I always had my mind set on a Proto for some reason. I liked the way they shoot, liked their looks and theyre VERY similar to my Shocker in more ways than one, so IF I was going to get a new gun, I was going for the PM6 my favorite of them all. But, because I quit, there was no way I was going to drop 700.00 on a PM6. That would have been ridiculous!

Id been having problems with money this year (repair bills) so I went to my fellow moderators in the penthouse. Dre suggested either the Rail or the Mini, so I started researching, and researching, and researching, and researching. After several hundred threads, manuals, testimonials and reading about problems, I decided on the Rail.

So, today, look what I got in the mail!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/vikingshadow/Gun%20pics/Rail2.jpg

It's not the best picture in the world - my camera is being weird and the light is strange today. I can't seem to find a good place to get a good pic, so this is the best I can do right now.

However, go HERE (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?p=102527#post102527) for a review on this gun!

Here's a post of the sisters to tide you over until then....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/vikingshadow/Gun%20pics/familypic.jpg

calebh
01-02-2007, 03:02 PM
is this the big news? i was right!!! vikes getting back in the game (if temporarily) go me :D

rofl, it IS the big news!!! i WAS right!!! go me again :D

xtraking
01-02-2007, 03:04 PM
nice :thumbup: have fun. I want to get back into it too, but dont see me in teh near future at all. Too much money, but good for you!

Now back to studying, bleh!

vikingshadow
01-02-2007, 03:06 PM
LOL! Yeah, I had a great time playing with Donavan last time, and really enjoyed playing with my friend (who was also my co-captain.) All the guys are older, as in their 30's, but one I think, and so it'll be a bit more laid back I think. Plus, I told them I wanted NOTHING to do with the running of the team. I just wanna go out and shoot my guns and laugh a bit.

After sitting on my couch for a year, I realized that Paintball was more to me than just playing a game - it was a hobby that took my mind off things. That, and my wife is sort of pushing me out of the house - "Since you like it, why don't you play?" Far cry from - "You're always at that paintball field!"

Team Ramrod
01-02-2007, 03:08 PM
Pfft, I said it first slob. So I was right. now where is my cookie everyone?

Good for you Vike, don't let the attitudes of the other players ruin a great sport for you.

calebh
01-02-2007, 03:19 PM
you said he bought a gun, i said he was gonna play again, so we're both right lol. but you can have the cookie. im pretty full right now :P

timmyshoota
01-02-2007, 03:23 PM
I've tried to quit many many times. Just doesn't happen. I'm at a crossroads right now though. I've got the choice to play PSP this year, or play CFOA for free. I've wanted to play PSP since I played World Cup 05, and now I can fund it, but it will only be 3 of the 5 events. If I play CFOA its free except for practices, which cost me $120 a month. The guys on the CFOA team are like family to me. My team practiced with them this past season and we always had fun. Now we are looking at joining the teams, which I think would be the best route.

I've also gotten offers from 2 other teams.

ShadowX
01-02-2007, 03:25 PM
Congrats Vike.. I told you the Rail is a great marker. I hope it treats you well and it should, as you always treat your markers well.. :smile:

Vid, Vid, Vid! Heh..

vikingshadow
01-02-2007, 04:31 PM
Had my first problem - a pesky leak! Had to take the bolt out to clean it, and when I put it back in, it was leaking down the barrel. Normally, that would mean relube and new oring, but this was brand new. Took me three times of pulling the bolt and relubing. Finally just changed the orings the manual said to change and it worked. I think. We'll see since I'm now officially out of air!

bamf-hacker
01-02-2007, 04:37 PM
Nice Vike is BACK!!!!

The Rail is a very nice marker and I am even considering one, the one I am looking at is UL'd though.

The leak thing is common issue. My buddy's in the shop have been seeing it a lot. A few o-rings and all is good again. I am guessing the o-rings from the assembly line are not 100%.

Either way YEAH HOOOOO VIKE IS BACK....

Come out to VA buddy, would love to get on the field with ya.

paintsplat242
01-02-2007, 04:39 PM
ummm i knew i shouldnt have paid for that. Wait were you serius about the money thing?

newkid
01-02-2007, 04:50 PM
congrats

vikingshadow
01-02-2007, 05:10 PM
I can't wait to start up'ing this thing. Money's a bit tight right now though. In fact, if I hadn't sold my Angel, I wouldn't have gotten this. I'm a sucker for black and blue guns, so expect to see blue accents coming as soon as possible.

paintballer5646
01-02-2007, 05:52 PM
So vike, if you're ever looking to find a new home for the shocker, shoot me a PM. Nice PMR BTW

vikingshadow
01-02-2007, 06:03 PM
LOL - I forgot to mention that I thought the solenoid was messed up, so after I order the Rail, I get to looking at my Shocker and notice the connector that the wiring harness goes to on my Virtue board is sitting kinda funny. I pull it out, look at it and there are two bent pins inside there. I straighten them out, connect the wiring harness, change the battery and what do ya know? The solenoid works now! YDNA thinks my old solenoid probably should work also since the pins were bent....go figure, huh?

Oh well, I got the Rail at a good price (better than usual, but I won't tell my secret :devil: ) and I'm not out any money because I sold my Angel....so now I have two good guns!

TheRedBarron
01-02-2007, 06:14 PM
About time you got off the couch and decided playing :p Welcome back buddy.

bigred76
01-02-2007, 06:14 PM
So many secrets! One after another!

After all that trouble with the Shocker, it was just a couple damn pins?! I'll be damned! I'll have to keep an eye out for that problem with my markers in the future... :eek:

Props on the PMR, looks nice! Welcome back to the sport too; took you long enough!

calebh
01-02-2007, 06:15 PM
I'm a sucker for black and blue guns, so expect to see blue accents coming as soon as possible
that'd be pimpin, cuz me too :D all my gear is black or blue lol

DRAGON
01-02-2007, 06:24 PM
Dang Vik, I was wrong. I knew what the suspense was about but I thought Mini not Proto. Anyways, nice new marker and the color's perfect. What's with the trigger? -

DyNasty9
01-02-2007, 06:55 PM
i like the little bumpy things on the bottem of the trigger, they felt good lol.

im kinda confused about the ASA tho, why did you have to adjust it i thought it was just a straight gas through? good review btw.

vikingshadow
01-02-2007, 07:23 PM
Dragon - the trigger is a polymer/rubber hybrid mix. It feels weird when just dry firing or messing with the trigger alone. Add air and paint though, and it's pretty decent.

Dynasty - the asa is adjustable. You can move the depression pin forwards or backwards to suit your tank. If it's too far out, the tank vents air through the vent hole on top of the asa. If it's too far in, you don't get enough air coming through to make it consistant. I prefer an on/off with a bleed, but maybe I'll get used to it...

One more thing on the ASA - the part that you push in to release the hose is plastic also. Not sure how I feel about that. Seems that if you messed with it too much, it'd break. However, once you adjust the ASA you shouldn't need to mess with it again.

FredPo
01-02-2007, 07:47 PM
It is just too hard to quit eh vike. Congrats on coming back and it looks like you can't keep good paintballers down.

Fred

vikingshadow
01-03-2007, 09:56 AM
Thanks, Fred! Now, I'm blushing!

DFSniper
01-04-2007, 03:13 AM
sorry that im entering the thread so late, but i was at the grandparents for a week... i was guessing that vike ws having another baby...looks like my guess wasnt too far off, lol.

thechubbss12
01-04-2007, 06:04 AM
Sweet.. Donovan owns.... I love watching that guy play... Plus hes pretty friendly...

Nice PMR... Ho[e it shoots people realy well...

Ohh and BTW toss me a PM when the next time you are going to play is and were...

vikingshadow
01-04-2007, 09:42 AM
Will do!

I hope Donavan plays. You're right, he's a blast to play with and totally friendly. Last I heard, it was kind of in the air about who was going to play or not. I think I'll send the main guy a pm and find out for sure - so don't quote me on who's playing for sure yet.