PDA

View Full Version : need some help

thoraxe
01-02-2007, 03:34 PM
Ok,im relatively new to paintball and i've been looking for a new marker since my old one died on me and i have no idea whats wrong,so i have narrowed it down to 2 markers;the markers i am looking at are the MR1 and the Pilot.
I have only played woodsball before,but am going to try speedball soon once i get a marker.so which of the 2 should i get

shunut
01-02-2007, 03:37 PM
I'd go with the Pilot because its electronic and more versatile out of the box than the MR1. Especially if you decide to play speedball because mechanical markers, like the MR1, aren't known for speed.

Welcome to the Forum.

mv540
01-02-2007, 03:47 PM
I agree with Shunut, pilot all the way!!!;)

thoraxe
01-02-2007, 04:03 PM
ok,i was thing about getting the mr1 and getting an electronic trigger frame for it so i could play speedball and still have the old frame to use for woodsball

calebh
01-02-2007, 04:06 PM
since you say you'll be playing speedball, get the pilot. if you wanna keep playing woodsball, and possibly scenario games, go for the mr1. you can upgrade with an esp frame or something later.

or shoot em both and see which one you like.

ahh, you beat me to it lol

thoraxe
01-02-2007, 04:15 PM
yes i did.I think ill get the MR1 since i only play woodsball where i live and there are no paintball fields nearby so the esp frame can wait a while since ill be short on cash for a while

thoraxe
01-02-2007, 04:24 PM
also, when i get an esp frame, should i get one with a regular double trigger or one with a rocking trigger

clickclicksplat
01-02-2007, 05:50 PM
also, when i get an esp frame, should i get one with a regular double trigger or one with a rocking trigger

Personal preference really... With the rocker, most people either love it or hate it. See if you can shoot one before you decide to buy it.

Abe2112
01-02-2007, 06:16 PM
Well there really isnt any point in buying a gun without the E frame if you are going to get an E frame right after you buy it anyway. Im saying go with the pilot.

I really like my rocking frame.

spyderaron
01-02-2007, 06:30 PM
Get the Pilot ACS. I use it for woodsball and speedball.

If you get the Pilot, your first two upgrades should be, a HPA tank and Dye Sticky 3 grips.

I wouldn't get a rocking trigger because some fields don't alow them.

bigred76
01-02-2007, 08:03 PM
I'd sugest the Pilot ACS as well. Good, solid marker. I'd sugest for upgrades a regulator and a new barrel, just on the gun. An HPA tank is a good idea, but a hefty investment for a newer player.

What's wrong with your old marker? It aint dead until it's dead! ;)

Amg*TyranT*
01-02-2007, 10:38 PM
The piolt has way mroe upgrades and mods then the mr1 and still if u like woods ball to you can always get covers or paint your gun

thoraxe
01-03-2007, 02:11 PM
I'd sugest the Pilot ACS as well. Good, solid marker. I'd sugest for upgrades a regulator and a new barrel, just on the gun. An HPA tank is a good idea, but a hefty investment for a newer player.

What's wrong with your old marker? It aint dead until it's dead! ;)
my old marker just doesnt work,and i hate it.Its a JT Tac-5.when i get a new marker the upgrades will have to wait for a while cause im saving for a guitar amp.One of the reasons i might get an MR1 is that when it rains,most of the time it gets muddy and if i play woodsball after it rains,i dont want my marker shorting out from mud and gunk.

Hoppy11
01-03-2007, 02:51 PM
Get the Pilot ACS. I use it for woodsball and speedball.

If you get the Pilot, your first two upgrades should be, a HPA tank and Dye Sticky 3 grips.

I wouldn't get a rocking trigger because some fields don't alow them.

Ummmm if anything your first two upgrades should be a new barrel and a electronic hopper if you don't have one. HPA is not a neccesity for a pilot and Stickys are like the last thing on your list when up grading a gun, they do not aid in the performance except for slight comfort.

I do agree with everyone else about the pilot although if all you play is woodsball you can't really go wrong with the MR1 except you can't really progress with that gun into a speedball course if a feild opens up around you or you and some friends decide to make a feild. That would be my only reason to buy the pilot because you never know when you will want to try something new like speedball and if you have the pilot you won't have to upgrade your gun much. And the pilot will perform very well in woodsball too. :D

durrell
01-03-2007, 02:53 PM
The Pilot is a great beginner's choice.

I agree with Hopps on the HPA and electronic hopper.

thoraxe
01-03-2007, 02:57 PM
i've shoot an Mr1 at my friends house when i went over there Friday and it shoots plenty fast for me.i might go with the pilot though.which barrel should i get also

turbo chicken
01-05-2007, 11:41 AM
I'm having a hard time believing that your tac5 just doesn't work ... i'd bet that it is something simple... my first reaction is to say fix the JT they are good markers... but since you asked

What ever you get... get something with a electronic frame ... then you can buy a mech frame for backup ...thas will end up cheaper than buying a mech then getting the electro frame. if the weight isn't an issue go with the MR you can alway take off the stock for speedball.

Barrels ... buy used ... but don't spend a lot of money ... id recommend lapco, armson(non rifled)...and j&j for manufacturers ... all make good products and don't have excessive porting one of these barrels can be had for 30.00 used easily.

*EM1-Master*
01-05-2007, 11:56 AM
Eh. I've never had ANY luck with any BL products. I believe him when he says it doesn't work. They just aren't good markers.

Halucin8
01-05-2007, 01:21 PM
pilot acs. firstcall paintball has them refurbed with 1 year warranties for 80.00 and should ahve enough cash left over for a used egg and your ready to rock right out of the box

fxdbi
01-05-2007, 02:05 PM
Yes, get the ACS and an electric hopper. I played for the first time on our local field this past weekend, and ended up in a few speedball matches - let's just say I was happy I had the electoronic trigger - not that I used the burst or auto modes since I don't have an electric hopper - but it sure was plenty fast enough for me on semi-auto. I really like my pilot, even with it being an older non-acs one.

thoraxe
01-05-2007, 02:40 PM
I'm still considering which one to go with,but one of my friends who owns an MR1 and used to own a Pilot told me to go with the MR1.