PDA

View Full Version : need opinion

ttam13xlpb
01-02-2007, 02:23 PM
I have a spyder pilot acs with a few basic upgrades like a 14" cp classic barrel a revy and a reds feedneck.A few friends and i are going to get a team together to play some three man tourneys and might eventually move up to playing five man.i was wondering if it would be best to upgrade the pilot or if it would be best to just buy a whole new gun that is better and if so wat would you reccomend?and if upgrading wat kind of upgrades would you reccomend?Any opinions would be appriciated thx.

shunut
01-02-2007, 02:35 PM
First welcome to the forum.

I guess you have to consider what you want to spend first.

Spyders are great for the weekend warrior and for people who don't play alot but you won't see a ton of them in tourney play.

If you don't want to spend a lot of money stick with your Pilot and just upgrade the board to a T-Board and have eyes installed. That should give you a decent gun.

If you don't mind spending the money, I'd look into a mid level marker. Something like a PM6 or 7 or an Etek or a used Timmy. Those should be good to go out of the box for tourney play.

ttam13xlpb
01-02-2007, 03:49 PM
thx for the advice.im on a tight budget but could aford a mid range gun like a ion or promaster.would they be a big improvment over the spyder?and would the tboard and eyes make a huge difference?i hear there will be a virtue board for spyders out pretty soon too.i do like the pilot alot and plan on switching over to compressed air soon wich would also improve the performance of the pilot.And right now we only plan on going to a few tourneys and they will be our first.

boomerisnuts
01-02-2007, 05:03 PM
If you just got a t board and eyes i would say you would be able to compete. it would be a lot cheaper also. you could definetly keep up fine with no problems.:)
boomer

ttam13xlpb
01-02-2007, 05:17 PM
thx i mite look in to that.has anyone heard anything about the virtue?and anyone know were i could have the eyes installed cuz i dont trust me trying to do it.

tampaimpact16
01-04-2007, 04:29 PM
just go to ur local pb shop, they should be able to drill for eyes and install em, but they would charge u..
sorry, havnt herd of a virtue board for a spyder... <sounds awesome though

ttam13xlpb
01-04-2007, 04:53 PM
http://www.xtremez.com/paintball/product_information.asp?number=MTVBSP&variation=&aitem=&mitem=&back=yes&dept=406

this is the only place i can find the virtue and eyes for the spyder i think i mite try these on my spyder if i dont spend the money for the pmr,epiphany,or mini.o and any of yall got any suggestions because i have heard good things about all of them?