PDA

View Full Version : my mr2 keeps chopping paint

chagrinback49
01-02-2007, 02:15 PM
my mr2 keeps chopping paint. I have the new black detent on my gun. I use a gravity hopper and it chops with that. I have tried a halo tsa and it chopped with that hopper too. I use co2. i hace a j and j ceramic 16 inch. Please help.:confused:

Redheadfred
01-02-2007, 02:20 PM
it could be too cold for the paint ur using or just the paint itself . Shouldnt be chopping with a good loader like you have . I played with some diablo heat one day , it was about 45 degrees , mine was a chopamatic ! Good luck

wylde01
01-02-2007, 02:20 PM
ill just try to give a few factors.

1) have you broke in the bolt?
2)i have a tsa also and that doesnt work. i use an empire reloader b and other people use vlocity or halo b.
3) paint

thats all i can think of right now.

chagrinback49
01-02-2007, 02:24 PM
no i didnt break in the bolt. wht is tht gonna do to my gun and how could i do it. and i was using x-ball bronze paint and it was like 60 degrees

wylde01
01-02-2007, 02:47 PM
you can break the bolt in 2 dif ways. you could take the bolt out of the gun and push the knob down for a few minutes or you could stick a dowel rod in the feedneck of the gun and dry fire the marker around 100 times or so. also is the x-ball bronze paint cheap or not?

chagrinback49
01-02-2007, 02:55 PM
the x-ball bronze is good paint around $40-$50. so i just push down on the spring for a couple of minutes to break it in?

wylde01
01-02-2007, 03:56 PM
yea it will start out tight but soon you should be able to push it a little easier than the beggining

daskyman
01-02-2007, 04:10 PM
well my sugestion since you are using a gravity fed hopper you could be getting blow back causing a popcorn effect on the next ball since your bolt has no o-rings, this causes the next ball to jump up and not come back into its place the whole way causing it to chop where the feedneck meets the bolt chamber when the bolt attempts to shoot another ball. this can be resolved by A) getting an alamo bolt with o-rings, or if it is only the last ball that chops then just dont let less than 5 balls be in the feed neck at once. hope this helps

chagrinback49
01-02-2007, 04:25 PM
thanks i guess ill have to try the alamo bolt

wylde01
01-02-2007, 04:30 PM
its kinda funny that everyone goes out and buys new bolts and sands things down and does many other things but all that i have done is used hpa broke in the bolt and used an empire reloader b i have never had any problems with my gun. so whats wrong with everyone else's guns???

chagrinback49
01-02-2007, 04:58 PM
yea how ironic

wylde01
01-02-2007, 05:02 PM
i tell everyone on here what i do to my gun but no one listens to me and does what other people do.

chagrinback49
01-02-2007, 05:05 PM
hah yea im trying to break in my bolt now

The Booth Man
01-02-2007, 09:24 PM
its kinda funny that everyone goes out and buys new bolts and sands things down and does many other things but all that i have done is used hpa broke in the bolt and used an empire reloader b i have never had any problems with my gun. so whats wrong with everyone else's guns???

Kingman Quality Control

Some people have absolutely no problems with their MR2. Others have. It's difficult to find THE SOLUTION because not every ACS bolt seals well in the bolt chamber. Why do we recommend getting a new bolt? Because it has solved the chopping problem for many MR2 owners on this forum.

chagrinback49
01-03-2007, 06:21 PM
ok i have tried to break in my bolt and it still chops like a lumber jack on drugs! I have no idea what to do. plz help. it kepps chopping up into my elbow and hopper which is a pain to cleAN UP

Glasher
01-04-2007, 06:03 AM
Thats the detent probleme chnage it for a timmy detent can be found on ebay

chagrinback49
01-04-2007, 12:57 PM
great news i used the right words in my email to kingman and they called me and i actually had a tecnitian tht played paintball and they are sending a pack of new detents.

wylde01
01-04-2007, 01:45 PM
wow thats really great and lucky!!! hope that fixes your probs.

darth massacre
01-05-2007, 12:16 AM
Oooo lucky! I hope that solves your problems too.

Went playing tonight. Went back to stock parts and it worked perfectly. A couple of chops here and there but other than that the damn thing shot beautifully. Put on the Opsgear 18" barrel, I get ONE chop, then it all goes to ****. Cleaned it up, put on the stock barrel, and it shot beautifully again. I'm confounded but at least its working now.

Oh and the place I go to uses HPA instead of CO2. If I go back to the regular ground I play on (CO2) and it fouls up on stock, then we'll know what's wrong here.

Edit: Oh and we use crap paint too. Drop it from 5 feet up and it bounces back to 5 feet.

Command2A
01-05-2007, 05:36 PM
great news i used the right words in my email to kingman and they called me and i actually had a tecnitian tht played paintball and they are sending a pack of new detents.

Do what I did to solve your problem, Sell that puppy and Get an ION. No more chopping.

Jarhead
01-05-2007, 06:50 PM
Do what I did to solve your problem, Sell that puppy and Get an ION. No more chopping.

Two people at my field already sold their Ion's, One bought a MR2 and the other bought a A5.

My MR2 doesn't chop and looks sweet.

The Booth Man
01-05-2007, 08:20 PM

Uh oh....I see a flame war coming....lol

darth massacre
01-06-2007, 02:38 AM
I can only say, meat for some is poison for others. The point is to find something that suits you and enjoy paintball.

The Booth Man
01-06-2007, 11:45 AM
I can only say, meat for some is poison for others. The point is to find something that suits you and enjoy paintball.

Agreed.

I love my MR2, but when a new player asks me what kind of marker to get, I always recommend a 98 Custom.

Redheadfred
01-06-2007, 04:24 PM
my friend just bought a 98 and hates his . I couldnt believe that , always though they were really good guns . Guess you can always get a bad one . He wants an MR2 like I have . Was like WOWWW

Maxx-Damage
01-06-2007, 07:06 PM
IMHO 98c are a pain to service. I have 1 with responce trigger, double trigger, dye stickies, and a JJ14in. Its not to bad but its a pain, unlike the mr2 where only what amost 10 screws to take off and its bare.

darth massacre
01-06-2007, 09:28 PM
2 of my friends got A5s - they blame me for saying "tippmann" when I was asked for a reliable brand. Both of them have the same setup, but different unique problems. The rest had crap Spyder replicas that worked flawlessly (and costs under 150 bucks for the total setup).

I also know one guy who sold his MR2 because he's tired of chopping paint - bought an A5 basic package and had fun because it worked out of the box. There's also another guy who sold his A5 because he's had it with his cyclone feed. Went to a 98Custom with response trigger and he owned the field.

Like I said, what works for some people may not work for you.

Redheadfred
01-07-2007, 12:49 AM
Thats def true , Ive had my fair share of promblems with my MR2 , too far into it and too much money to turn back now though

chagrinback49
01-16-2007, 04:50 PM
kingman finally sent me my detents and they dtill dont work i sent my gun in for repairs today. i hope they can fix it.

Redheadfred
01-16-2007, 05:47 PM
Got detents coming for mine , that doesnt fix it Im buying a tippman . Got too much money in this thing to still be having probs , fasta hopper , alamo bolt , good paint , j&j barrel , new detents . Was thinkin about a VS2 maybe , but I dont think so . These guns are junk

Command2A
01-20-2007, 05:28 PM
Got detents coming for mine , that doesnt fix it Im buying a tippman . Got too much money in this thing to still be having probs , fasta hopper , alamo bolt , good paint , j&j barrel , new detents . Was thinkin about a VS2 maybe , but I dont think so . These guns are junk

Man, you've invested a healthy sum so far. I feel for ya! I spent even more to solve the same issue and none of it worked. Luckily I did my $$$ back by selling it. Good luck with yours.

Redheadfred
01-21-2007, 07:47 AM
Thanx man , thinking about buying a protorail in a few weeks

chagrinback49
02-08-2007, 01:25 PM
i finally got my gun bhack from kingman and it works......... kinda. Im gunna get a reloader b and mayb a ac bolt.

Backmanshooter
02-08-2007, 01:47 PM
Congrats.

Evil detonators are going for 25 on firstcall paintball. So pick one of those up. Reloader B's are good hopeprs since they can go on anything.

chagrinback49
02-13-2007, 12:33 PM
the only real question that stands is has anyone with horrible mr2 chopping problems actually fixed it and how.

QuiGonKen
02-13-2007, 09:10 PM
well i played tonight and i had 2 bad breaks one using a halo b and another using an eggy 2.....but the first break i was able to clean up get back on the field again :D....the second break happened when i was using the eggyII but my gun also sheared off my detent...

BUT a friend of mine was tellin me how maybe the hoppers ive been using was too fast, or it was feeding too fast which led to breaks....while using both the halo b and the eggyII i broke but i was able to keep playing on both except for those 2 big breaks...

i dunno if ur using semi- maybe my friend is right, maybe the hopper is outfeeding the gun...when using revvys has anyone experienced the same chopping problems?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok um....lemme just see what the list of changes/ups for the MR2 to make it chop less...
--just to note, i love the look of the gun, reason y i wanna keep it.. :D--

- Hopper
- new bolt
- HPA
- better regulator
have i missed anything?

also can someone clarify the regulator part...doesnt the MR2 come with an inline reg?
and, if getting a better one would be better...how would i do so..i.e. how would i install one, which one should i get, which ones would fit the foregrip that comes with the mr2, what tools and extra stuff would i need to pick up with the new reg....?

thanks!

QuiGonKen
02-14-2007, 10:45 PM
also has anyone used timmy detents? i sheared mine the other day and need to get new ones...are they worth the cost?