PDA

View Full Version : My Christmas was good :)

SharpObjects
12-31-2006, 02:30 PM
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k6/Deserveashake/DSCF0049.jpg

Well, I've got it! Its not in Ebony like I wanted, but the burst has grown on me. Its not really a sunburst, more of a red mahogany burst.

So far, it plays nicely, just needs to be set up, just some new flatwound strings, lowered action, a new nut, and the bridge needs to be flipped. Just a standard setup so its left-handed. I'm going to drill a new spot for the strap button tonight.

The tone is the usual muddy gibson bass tone. Its nice and what I was really wanting. Much heavier then the P-bass tone I'm use to. Once it is turned left-handed, It'll be my main bass.

Epiphone Thunderbird FTW.

thechubbss12
12-31-2006, 02:44 PM
Heh atleast its Bass and not a guitar LOL.... Cough Cough gotta love the 5 strings.... cough....

Nahh im just messing with you... Looks awesome man.. Hope you can rock it hardcore...

SharpObjects
12-31-2006, 03:03 PM
LoL thanks for your insight chubbs. I already have a guitar, and don't consider myself good enough to get a new one, at least not a "brand name".

I did play some five strings, and I just feel that I don't need it at this time. Perhaps when my skills evolve to another level. Right now, I could just tune B-E-A-D of course.

It will be rocked, oh yes.

Also, it sounds great with or without a pick. I change for my music style. I'm trying to get more into the blues and funk area, since those are what the local venues like to have. Plus, I like diggin on James brown.

xtraking
12-31-2006, 03:55 PM
You dont want ebony on any axe anyway :) .

Now, please tell me you slap even though its not a slapping bass.

tater_salad
12-31-2006, 04:10 PM
I hope you like it I have the same one just it's black. It is a very good bass and hope you have fun with it. The only thing I got for Christmas that had to deal with my bass was I got that white face plate with the "Thunderbird" logo. Since mine came with the Celtic Cross on it.

P.S. Just last night I found out that the bassist from "Teancious D" and about a week ago I saw that the bassist from "System Of A Down" uses it too.

SharpObjects
12-31-2006, 04:48 PM
You dont want ebony on any axe anyway :) .

Now, please tell me you slap even though its not a slapping bass.

Sorry to disapoint you...but I don't like to slap :darth: I'm terrible at slap, no matter how easy everyone tells me it is. It's just not my thing. I have attempted slap on the bird, and as far as I can tell, it can do it fine.

I hope you like it I have the same one just it's black. It is a very good bass and hope you have fun with it. The only thing I got for Christmas that had to deal with my bass was I got that white face plate with the "Thunderbird" logo. Since mine came with the Celtic Cross on it.

P.S. Just last night I found out that the bassist from "Teancious D" and about a week ago I saw that the bassist from "System Of A Down" uses it too.

I did play that goth one, but I wasn't all for the look. But thats just me. It does look cool though. How does it look without the celtic cross pick guard?

Also, my favorite bassist, John Entwistle form The Who, played Thunderbirds and "Fenderbirds"(a modified T-bird with a P-bass neck, crazy looking).

Krist Novoselic from Nirvana (Another favorite) played birds, the gibson ripper, the gibson artist bass, and a few others.

And Nikki Sixx plays one, a custom one which looks great.

I believe the original bassist for The Darkness played T-birds too.

They are a great looking bass. Even though mine is upside down, it still looks kickin. :D

vwjimmy
12-31-2006, 04:52 PM
Nice Bass man....I like the color too :)

thechubbss12
01-01-2007, 06:23 PM
Slapping is easy.... ROFL... :dodgy:

B-E-A-D FTL.... E-A-D-G-C FTW

SharpObjects
01-02-2007, 06:46 AM
I still can't slap. I feel retarded when I try to. Meh, its not my thing anyhoo. I don't think bass really should be a percussion instrument IMHO, but its fun to watch.

About the 5'er, I can see why you'd want a B-string, but I can't see why you'd want a C. Do you really ever play that high?

shunut
01-02-2007, 08:42 AM
Nice, and not to jack your thread but this is the one I got for christmas...

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f395/shunut/guitar1.jpg

Bear foot inc
01-02-2007, 09:47 AM
Nice lookin bass but i gotta say that the o'll upright slapp bass is the best. That is what i play and love!!

SharpObjects
01-03-2007, 04:57 PM
Whoa shunut, what is that? An Ibanez? I really Like the blue flame finish.

@Bear foot inc. - I do admire upright players, although I probably don't have the patience to learn it.

Bear foot inc
01-03-2007, 10:04 PM
Its actually realy easy. I mostly play bluegrass so all I'm doing is thumping the chords and doing runs. :)

SharpObjects
01-06-2007, 10:42 AM
Still, I think the fretlessness and the uprightyness wouldn't do anything for me, I'd have to spend a lot of time learning a whole new technique.

What made you guys choose bass anyway?

tater_salad
01-06-2007, 12:48 PM
I originally played guitar for my band but we found a guy that was like 3 times as good as me so I moved over to bass and fell in love with it.:)

shunut
01-06-2007, 02:35 PM
Whoa shunut, what is that? An Ibanez? I really Like the blue flame finish.

Yeah, its an Ibanez SA260FMTLB. I'm starting lessons on Wed.

I really like yours to, especially the shape.