PDA

View Full Version : thingking of getting MR2

headhunter06
12-30-2006, 09:28 PM
hey guys, i'm currently using MR1 but thinking of getting a MR2, i'm just wondering whether the MR2 chops alot and whether it would require me to get an expensive p-balls. I normally use Visible Impact(wal-mart paint). pls help me decide.

Hossy
12-30-2006, 09:32 PM
Welcome to the forums!

as far as i know, if you have a decent loader, youll be fine. its a good gun, just take care of it

you also may want to check out the spyder bible at www.ottersccustoms.com
the guy who made it is an administrator here, and hes very knowledgeable (sp?)

Glasher
12-31-2006, 04:28 AM
I actually bought a timmy detent and a good hooper and used it for the first time yesterday night. I played in the big cold and snow and it worked like a CHARM! But ya good hooper and a better detent is needed to fix the choping.

Jarhead
12-31-2006, 04:54 AM
I actually bought a timmy detent and a good hooper and used it for the first time yesterday night. I played in the big cold and snow and it worked like a CHARM! But ya good hooper and a better detent is needed to fix the choping.

I have a Halo B with the stock detent(Black) and I haven't chopped a ball in forever. I have probably put around 10,000 paintballs through mine now.
I would recocomend you get the best hopper you can afford. a Eggy, Halo or Fasta. They are worth the investment.

headhunter06
12-31-2006, 08:25 AM
how about the type of paint you guys are using?

DRAGON
12-31-2006, 08:41 AM
About anything RPS should do -

Welcome to the forums........... ;)

daskyman
12-31-2006, 09:01 AM
yeah the kind of paint that you use in the mr2 does not seem to affect anything, lol i have used my buddies 2 yr old walmart paint and it was fine. over all it is a great gun, although there are a few things you must do before you take it on the field (break in acs bolt, and sand down the spots scrapping the bolt, only if your bolt is getting scrapped) other than that this gun is awesome man, i definetely suggest getting it :D

MR2 Woodsballer
12-31-2006, 07:21 PM

where did you get your detent at? please give website if you have one? thanks

Picchi
12-31-2006, 08:42 PM
yeah the kind of paint that you use in the mr2 does not seem to affect anything, lol i have used my buddies 2 yr old walmart paint and it was fine. over all it is a great gun, although there are a few things you must do before you take it on the field (break in acs bolt, and sand down the spots scrapping the bolt, only if your bolt is getting scrapped) other than that this gun is awesome man, i definetely suggest getting it :D

What do the scrapes do?

BOOstGhost
12-31-2006, 10:21 PM
where did you get your detent at? please give website if you have one? thanks
I bought mine on ebay for $0.01 plus shipping heres a link to the seller
no ebay links please

MR2 Woodsballer
12-31-2006, 10:25 PM
thanks man i appreciate it.

daskyman
01-01-2007, 08:20 AM
What do the scrapes do?

read this forum it will tell you everything :D http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=7817

Jarhead
01-01-2007, 05:36 PM
how about the type of paint you guys are using?

I use either Voodoo or Combat 68.

headhunter06
01-02-2007, 07:08 PM
do you guys usually buy your paint online or on your local shop? If you buy online, do they guarantee you that you'll get them with no breakage?

wylde01
01-02-2007, 07:50 PM
well im not so sure about everyone here but im sure that most people would buy their paint from a local shop because i dont think most online places guarantee no breakage. if some one else can give better detail then go ahead. this is all just my opinion though.

DRAGON
01-02-2007, 07:54 PM
Buy local and open up the cases and look closely at the paint. If they won't let you look at the paint, go somewhere else. If you buy online and it's bad, be ready for a big pain in the butt. Not worth it IMO -

Buy quality paint!

tygger91
01-03-2007, 12:16 AM
Well some online stores do guarentee no breakage in their paint and will ship you another box - FREE!

My friend bought a box of 2 thousand last year with one bag with one broken paintball - the company shipped him a new bag of 500.

Jarhead
01-03-2007, 04:39 AM
do you guys usually buy your paint online or on your local shop? If you buy online, do they guarantee you that you'll get them with no breakage?

I buy mine at a local shop, they let me look at each bag and will replace any I have even a slightest hesistation with. Also they have let me have a bag of 500 of new paint to try out and let them know how it works. I would buy most of my stuff there but they sell Tippmans and are only now selling Spyders and other brands.