PDA

View Full Version : Zune Question

Jimmyd24
12-30-2006, 08:23 PM
I have a question, are places where you can pay like a one time fee and download as much as you want illegal, im trying to find a place to download some stuff but dont want to if its illegal

08Lud08
12-30-2006, 08:27 PM
I think napster or real player has something where you pay monthly to get music legally but I'm not sure.

Jimmyd24
12-30-2006, 08:30 PM
nvmd these sites are more or less illegal, i read the discalimer and it says this is more or less jsut a search funciton or somehting stupid

durrell
12-30-2006, 08:39 PM
Napster is your best bet since you can't use iTunes.

leed
12-30-2006, 08:44 PM
QFT, Napster is the only 'truly legal' thing out there.

badlandsrox
12-30-2006, 08:49 PM
Napster doesnt work with Zunes...

Jimmyd24
12-30-2006, 09:42 PM
Napster doesnt work with Zunes...
that sorta busted my bubble

rafb86
12-30-2006, 11:25 PM
Zune has its own legal downloading tool, lol its called the zune market place its 14.99 a month (i think) and you get unlimited downloads as long as your paying the 14.99 and if you want to keep the songs forever and burn them on cds you can pay like 70cents and have then, its pretty simple and works great and 100% legal, hehe im downloading right now.

ps i love my new Zune

Jimmyd24
12-30-2006, 11:33 PM
i was looking more towards videos and movies

Nader
12-31-2006, 01:48 AM
Zune has its own legal downloading tool, lol its called the zune market place its 14.99 a month (i think) and you get unlimited downloads as long as your paying the 14.99 and if you want to keep the songs forever and burn them on cds you can pay like 70cents and have then, its pretty simple and works great and 100% legal, hehe im downloading right now.

ps i love my new Zune

So you pay 14.99 a Mo to have the songs but.....

Let me guess...once you unsubscribe all your downloaded musik goes *poof* unless you pay the 70 cents extra to keep each song.

08Lud08
12-31-2006, 08:27 AM

Let me guess...once you unsubscribe all your downloaded musis goes *poof* unless you pay the 70 cents extra to keep each song.
I was thinking about getting a zune but if the only legal way to get music and keep it is that then its really gay. Id rather use napster.

badlandsrox
12-31-2006, 10:42 AM

Let me guess...once you unsubscribe all your downloaded musik goes *poof* unless you pay the 70 cents extra to keep each song.

Just like napster, and with itunes, you dont have that option, you HAVE to buy that song.

Also, for movies, there is some places like amazon, and theres a few others that you can download movies and videos legally, and they work with the zune as far as i know, but they only work in the US, so we dont get them up here :( , we dont even get the zune for a few months yet :(

Paradox313
12-31-2006, 10:56 AM
believe it or not i use myspace to download my music.

just use the search button under music search for the band you want and select from a list, from there see if the song you like is there and download it if the feature is available

Theheroguy
12-31-2006, 04:10 PM
:yeahthat:

*EM1-Master*
01-01-2007, 11:34 PM
www.allofmp3.com

Basically they're based in Russia, so they pay all royalty fees to the appropriate government agency in Russia. Royalty laws are much different in Russia, so they can provide songs to you at extremely low prices. $.02 per megabyte. Through loopholes in American import laws, it is completely legal to buy music through this site. The basic principal is that the money you use to buy the song is used as a "rental fee" for on a server in Russia. The music is purchased in a foreign country, and is therefore legal to bring into the United States. Your music is moved to your rented space on the server in Russia, and therefore in your possession. You move(download) it from the server to your computer, and the only copy of the song is in your immediate possession. You can read the "About" stuff on the website for a more indepth look at why it's legal. They list all of the laws and stuff...

AllofMP3.com is actually facing an over $1 Trillion lawsuit from the RIAA right now, but they're basically rolling their eyes at the lawsuit and continuing business as usual. They are very loyal to their customers.

I've spent about $75 at the site, and never had issues. Their service is top notch. Download speeds are super-fast, and their selection is great. I've seldom not been able to find what I'm looking for there. Their library/download program is very simple and free from any form of adware. They update it multiple times weekly. Just a great company.