PDA

View Full Version : Night at the Museum

vikingshadow
12-30-2006, 06:25 PM
Just got back from seeing it with the wife and kids. Kids loved it, wife really enjoyed it, I thought it was ok, but not Ben Stiller's best work by far.

Without going into detail, for those who possibly don't know, it's about a guy who takes a night watchman job at a museum and while he's working, something happens. Kudos to Mickey Rooney, **** Van Dike and that other guy, I can't remember his name. They show how "old school" actors can do it. A big MEH for Ben Stiller, but an OK for the girl in the movie (don't know her name.) Robin Williams tried to be Robin Williams, but very toned down and that Olson guy (Luke's brother) was ok, but not like his normal self, so they get a rating between MEH and OK.

Personally, I think the overall (unintentional) message was that history is something that is alive, and not just pictures in a book. Or something like that. Of course, I love history!

Anywho, those with kids from 5-14 will probably enjoy it. There's minimal language and minimal violence. Everyone over 14 might enjoy it, but think it's sort of corny.

I give it a 7.0 out of 10 on the Vike-o-meter! (Might be good to rent, or watch on Pay Per View, but I wouldn't go see it again without the kids.)

calebh
12-30-2006, 06:48 PM
i thought the plot was kinda stupid, but the movie was pretty cool. the whole thing was pretty funny. especially with the roman soldiers and the cowboys goin at it all the time. and the easter island head lol. **** van dyke always cracks me up, too

ROFL it censors his name

vikingshadow
12-31-2006, 05:02 AM
I have to say, I never expected the ending of it. That was a good twist. The cowboys and Roman thing was pretty good, the way they always bickered, but I really think they played Ben Stiller's overly sensitive, I gotta help you through this thing, attitude waaayyyy to much in this movie - but that could just have been me.

On a side note, I laughed my butt off on the Ghengis Khan "session"!

Gunny462
12-31-2006, 05:40 AM
I have to say, I never expected the ending of it. That was a good twist. The cowboys and Roman thing was pretty good, the way they always bickered, but I really think they played Ben Stiller's overly sensitive, I gotta help you through this thing, attitude waaayyyy to much in this movie - but that could just have been me.

On a side note, I laughed my butt off on the Ghengis Khan "session"!

Fetch REX!

Saw the movie on Christmas :D

vikingshadow
12-31-2006, 05:57 AM
hahaha - my dog acts exactly the same way! Needless to say, my wife, kids and I got a kick out that part as well.

There was a stinky (stale cig smoke and underarms) loud women sitting right behind us that commented on EVERYTHING that was happening in the movie. "Hahaha did you see that monkey?" "The dinosaur is missing!" blah blah blah - I found out after the movie that she'd been kicking my wife's seat as well....why are people such idiots when the go to the show? About half way through the movie, I started seeing cell phones light up and kids started talking on them. Jeessh - maybe this affected why I gave it a low rating....I don't know!

newkid
12-31-2006, 06:55 AM
I thought it was OK. the end of the movie is suprising.