PDA

View Full Version : Came up with the greatest team name

Reedoc
12-27-2006, 04:40 PM
Do teams need to have the same outfit and everything? I recently got a full outfit of empire stuff.....could i like put tags and **** on it to make ours different from other teams that may have the same stuff?

durrell
12-27-2006, 04:43 PM
Moved to General for you.

bamf-hacker
12-27-2006, 05:23 PM
Like I told you in chat... Unless you get sponsored by a company you can wear whatever you like. To play as a team you just need to be on the same side ;) and work together.

vikingshadow
12-28-2006, 05:31 AM
Well, here's what I think. To start off with, you don't need squat. Just wear something comfy that you can move around in. Decide what you want to do with your team, as in what you can afford, then go from there.

Now, that being said, there's more to uniforms than JUST the looks. There is literally a psychological reason for teams dressing alike, besides the normal, being-able-to-tell-who-you-play-for reason. I feel uniforms actually bring you together AS a team - you aren't just a bunch of guys messing around on the same end of the field. When you look alike, you may as well be brothers, to some extent. I honestly think that people in uniform work harder to accomplish a singular goal FOR THEIR TEAM than those just put together every now and then. There are exceptions, of course, but that's just my thought. Plus, people will easily recognize you as a "team" when you look alike, which adds to the togetherness of the team.

To help foster this attitude, my co-captain and I decided that we weren't going to have our teammates put their names on their jerseys. The team would buy them, then if they quit or we dropped them out - we took their jersey from them. That way, there aren't 40 jerseys out there just like ours. It makes it special to have that particular jersey.

Then, in terms of playing, you want to be able to look around and see people who look like you and know they're on your team. With everyone wearing masks and shooting just about the same looking guns anymore, it's hard to recognize people anymore. A uniform will set your team apart from the opposition.

Do you need uniforms? No. Do they help? I think so, yes.

Oh, and answer to your question, unless you're sponsored by Empire, cover that jersey up with crap - no need to advertise for a company not sponsoring you. However, if you are sponsored, you need to support that company as much as possible.

Reedoc
12-28-2006, 06:33 PM
Well, here's what I think. To start off with, you don't need squat. Just wear something comfy that you can move around in. Decide what you want to do with your team, as in what you can afford, then go from there.

Now, that being said, there's more to uniforms than JUST the looks. There is literally a psychological reason for teams dressing alike, besides the normal, being-able-to-tell-who-you-play-for reason. I feel uniforms actually bring you together AS a team - you aren't just a bunch of guys messing around on the same end of the field. When you look alike, you may as well be brothers, to some extent. I honestly think that people in uniform work harder to accomplish a singular goal FOR THEIR TEAM than those just put together every now and then. There are exceptions, of course, but that's just my thought. Plus, people will easily recognize you as a "team" when you look alike, which adds to the togetherness of the team.

To help foster this attitude, my co-captain and I decided that we weren't going to have our teammates put their names on their jerseys. The team would buy them, then if they quit or we dropped them out - we took their jersey from them. That way, there aren't 40 jerseys out there just like ours. It makes it special to have that particular jersey.

Then, in terms of playing, you want to be able to look around and see people who look like you and know they're on your team. With everyone wearing masks and shooting just about the same looking guns anymore, it's hard to recognize people anymore. A uniform will set your team apart from the opposition.

Do you need uniforms? No. Do they help? I think so, yes.

Oh, and answer to your question, unless you're sponsored by Empire, cover that jersey up with crap - no need to advertise for a company not sponsoring you. However, if you are sponsored, you need to support that company as much as possible.

Wow, that was hot. Thanks man

vikingshadow
12-28-2006, 07:08 PM
No problem. Anything I can do to help!

Reedoc
12-30-2006, 10:38 AM
Pandamonium

It's like Pandemonium but it has panda in it! Cuz we like pandas....theyre soft nd cute

BTW our logo is a panda with a gun, NO ONE ****ING STEAL IT

vikingshadow
12-30-2006, 10:54 AM
Shouldn't have told it on a public forum then, LOL!

Way to go - now that you have a name, time to go practice and get really good!

clickclicksplat
12-30-2006, 11:22 AM
WTG! Now not only can you beat people, you can immasculate them at the same time! You should also use pink-fill paint!

"You got beat by a bunch of pandas, and now you're covered in pink... how does that make you feel?"

Brilliant! (and this is a completly serious post...)

Reedoc
12-30-2006, 12:58 PM
WTG! Now not only can you beat people, you can immasculate them at the same time! You should also use pink-fill paint!

"You got beat by a bunch of pandas, and now you're covered in pink... how does that make you feel?"

Brilliant! (and this is a completly serious post...)

lol@that

durrell
12-30-2006, 01:23 PM
I'm going to merge this with your other topic instead of just moving it, because it doesn't belong here..and we don't need 2 threads on the same subject in General. No worries though..just remember anything paintball related doesn't go in Non-Paintball..;)

Sweet name, though. :up:

ross * pilot
12-30-2006, 05:31 PM
ahha thats great. YOu should get panda themed sandanas or something

marvin-martian
12-30-2006, 05:49 PM
that is a pretty sweet name...

Ace24
12-30-2006, 10:36 PM
Pandas with guns... wow that is pretty scary haha.

You should all get stormtrooper'd guns, white profilers, and panda sandanas!

turbo chicken
01-05-2007, 11:22 AM
i recently watched a team that wore jeans/kneepads/forearm pads/and tee shirts with their name written in marker on the back ... There is no need to spend a lot on uniforms ... besides if you actually have a team that is good you can sell the crap you win at tourney's and pay for the next tourney or use it to buy matching uniforms ...

Hossy
01-05-2007, 11:28 AM
besides if you actually have a team that is good you can sell the crap you win at tourney's and pay for the next tourney or use it to buy matching uniforms ...

always use the stuff you win to make money.

there is no point in haveing a bunch of unused stuff, when you can add to your cashflow