PDA

View Full Version : Someone want to help me make a ghetto ball detent?

Abe2112
12-29-2006, 05:05 PM
I really need one by tomorrow or maybe sunday. Some ****** told me the one I bought tonight would fit my gun but he was wrong. The one I got for christmas blew right out. I am trying to maeke something like it. **** action village im so pissed, they sell me nothing but ****.

Edit: I didnt know that they automaticaly censored stuff on here...

druid
12-29-2006, 06:13 PM
there are 2 kinds...the ball detent and the rubber nub. Which one is the one you are talking about?

Jobberwocky
12-29-2006, 06:35 PM
It also helps alot to know what marker its for, lol

Abe2112
12-29-2006, 06:50 PM
Oh Im using a victor. I dont know how to answer druid's question because I dont get what i dont get what he is asking

The Booth Man
12-29-2006, 08:34 PM
If you' looking for a quick fix, go to your local hardware store and ask for something that looks similar to a detent.(Bring one along) They might have something that you could cut down to size.

druid
12-29-2006, 08:44 PM
Ok, well the Victor uses the "new (old by today's standards...lol) ball-detent". Older markers like the Sonix and Xtra used (really old) rubber nubs like the Intimidator....

What's wrong with the detent?
Is the housing cracked?
Did the ball fall out?
Is the spring not stiff enough?

You need to help us a bit to help you back, you know?

Abe2112
12-29-2006, 09:18 PM
Well the first one cracked, Threw paintballs out so I threw it away . I got a magnetic one from actionvillage and the actual ball detent just broke and flew out. I made one to last me a couple days. Ill just buy a real cheap one because the cheaper ones seem to last longer.

08Lud08
12-29-2006, 09:56 PM
If you bought the killa detents you probably got a faulty one. I also think they have a lifetime warranty so if it broke without user error then I would look into that.

calebh
12-29-2006, 10:20 PM
well, one of my friends had a bko with serious detent issues... even icd couldnt figure out what was wrong with it, so they told my friend to hit it with a hammer. you could try that ;)