PDA

View Full Version : Feedneck problem

clickclicksplat
12-29-2006, 10:57 AM
While pulling my hopper off today, I accidently spun my twist clamp too loose and it came off... without the c-clip, wich remained stuck inside the feedneck itself. I pulled it out, but I can't figure out how to connect it back into the twist clamp (it doesn't really fit and I'm afraid to try and squeeze it and force it in cause it seems like I might bend it up). I tried just sticking the c-clip in the neck and putting the twist clamp on over it, and that'll work to hold a hopper, but when I pull the hopper off the c-clip stays all the way tightened down in the feedneck.

So basically my question, for those who didn't feel like reading my long and pointless story, what's the trick to getting the c-clip and the twist clamp back together properly?

clickclicksplat
12-29-2006, 11:00 AM
Scratch that, answered my own question... just squeezed the clip and slid it up through the twist clamp and it popped right in... maybe I'm babying this thing too much.

Theheroguy
12-29-2006, 03:18 PM
awww I was gonna answer you but you had already posted

clickclicksplat
12-29-2006, 08:18 PM
here's one for ya... how do I get the darned feed neck itself off? Does it just unscrew?

YouveBeenBunk'D
12-29-2006, 08:44 PM
Yesssirrr
[the entire darn feedneck just twists right off the gun]
although this has become a problem for me because once i took the whole thing off i can't screw it back in tight enough to stay because when i tighten my hopper down in it with the c clip the entire feedneck now twists while the hopper is in it! what do i do now? i would really like to get an entirely new feedneck altogether. and i hear it is ion/impulse threaded?

Theheroguy
12-30-2006, 01:28 PM
yeah it is I had that problem too I just tightened it with a box wrench though

DRAGON
12-30-2006, 02:46 PM
Loctite is God, when threads are concerned -

YouveBeenBunk'D
12-30-2006, 06:22 PM
ohh definatly good idea!
butt i think im going to et a new one anyway
kuz i heard that its ion/impulse threaded
what kind should i get if i were looking at a new feedneck?

DRAGON
12-30-2006, 06:54 PM
CCM of course. I have them on almost all my markers. Clean all threads completely and use red Loctite. Let it cure -

psycho paintballer
01-01-2007, 08:49 AM
I have a CCM no-pro on mine and I love it. The stock feedneck was a ***** to get off.

DRAGON
01-01-2007, 03:12 PM
I have a CCM no-pro on mine and I love it. The stock feedneck was a ***** to get off.

Had you used heat, it would have been much easier to remove - ;)

Spyder Ryder
01-14-2007, 06:48 AM
I wouldn't recommend taking the feedneck off to many times because when I had gone paintballing for my 3rd time with this gun, i had ended up stripping all of the threads and then it was so loose that my hopper just popped out and couldnt go back in...unless your suppose to clean the threads or something

DRAGON
01-14-2007, 06:55 AM
You prolly cross threaded it. The threads are very fine and you must be especially crareful turning it back on. Feeling the least bit of resistance(unless it's screwed all the way on) means that the threads aren't meshing correctly. Turn it any further at this point and you will cross thread it. I've never had this happen but heard people using JB Weld as a last resort. I have also heard of retapping the body as well -