PDA

View Full Version : Whats The Better Hopper?

Jeffreytah
12-29-2006, 10:34 AM
Whats better in your opinions? Please let me know what experience you have with each hopper...

DraXxus Pulse Hopper or a Halo B with Rip Drive and V35 board?

I just got the T-board for Christmas and I want to be able to shoot as fast as possible. (I play woodsball and want the fastest full auto I can get)

Thanks!

Hossy
12-29-2006, 12:07 PM
http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=7652

:)

Maxx-Damage
12-29-2006, 04:40 PM
psss full auto only does a constant 13bps(or 15bps). Ur better off learning to walk the trigger.

Jeffreytah
12-30-2006, 09:30 AM
psss full auto only does a constant 13bps(or 15bps). Ur better off learning to walk the trigger.

Not with the T-Board. Goes up to 29bps in full auto. Without the air hooked up the clicking soliniod sounds like its vibrating like a cell phone. :devil:

wylde01
12-30-2006, 09:58 AM
yea but have you done an actual bps check on it? alot of things says it goes a certian amount but really does around half of that

Nenkitsune
12-30-2006, 10:07 AM
you can set up the t-board's settings so it'll shoot a certian bps if i'm not mistaken.

Maxx-Damage
12-30-2006, 11:21 AM
Not with the T-Board. Goes up to 29bps in full auto. Without the air hooked up the clicking soliniod sounds like its vibrating like a cell phone. :devil:
hehe oops missed that...

lugate01
01-31-2007, 05:33 PM
I have used many electric hoppers. What I have found in my type of play (woods, cqb, scenario) is that the cyclone of the tippmanns is just fine. So I have adapted one to my mr2 and have not had a problem with it at all. I have not up graded my board but I don't plan on it because the stock board is just fine and I don't think the cyclone will keep up with anything faster. I hate batteries. I working on a R/T trigger frame as well.

The Booth Man
01-31-2007, 05:50 PM
I have used many electric hoppers. What I have found in my type of play (woods, cqb, scenario) is that the cyclone of the tippmanns is just fine. So I have adapted one to my mr2 and have not had a problem with it at all. I have not up graded my board but I don't plan on it because the stock board is just fine and I don't think the cyclone will keep up with anything faster. I hate batteries. I working on a R/T trigger frame as well.

Never heard of that before. Do you have pictures? How did you get it to work?

QuiGonKen
01-31-2007, 06:10 PM
i just bought a halo B for $50 used stock :D im stoked to try it out :D

pbgrandpa
01-31-2007, 06:42 PM
I have used many electric hoppers. What I have found in my type of play (woods, cqb, scenario) is that the cyclone of the tippmanns is just fine. So I have adapted one to my mr2 and have not had a problem with it at all. I have not up graded my board but I don't plan on it because the stock board is just fine and I don't think the cyclone will keep up with anything faster. I hate batteries. I working on a R/T trigger frame as well.I hate batteries too, that's why I use a Q-loader. But the Pulse, HaloB or ReloaderB are all good choices.

Glasher
01-31-2007, 07:08 PM

Ya interested to see how you manage to fit a Cyclone feed on a MR2

darth massacre
01-31-2007, 07:16 PM
x3 I'm curious how a cyclone can be fitted onto the MR2.

lugate01
02-01-2007, 08:19 AM

It works great. I had to custom make the feed adaptor and drill the body for air. I was going to mill down the body of the gun so it would sit closer to the gun. In the end it was best just to do it as I did. As it sits it is only 1/4 to 1/2 inch from the body. I will post some pics as soon as I can my dig cam back from my wife.

darth massacre
02-01-2007, 01:29 PM
Yes pictures will be very greatly appreciated. Sounds like a lot of custom work.

Glasher
02-01-2007, 01:51 PM
Yes pictures will be very greatly appreciated. Sounds like a lot of custom work.

Indeed sounds liek that but sounds also very worth it

lugate01
02-01-2007, 03:04 PM
Indeed sounds liek that but sounds also very worth it

Yes it was well worth the time I put into it. I like it much better than the q-loader I had mounted. I also made a direct mount from the q-loader to the feed neck but I had problems with the detent. It would double feed at times and the q-loader would never totaly unwind. As for the pictures I should have them posted here, if not on 2/02/07 then on the 3rd.

crazysnowbdr
02-02-2007, 06:03 AM
I guess it is true what they say about us paintball guys. We can find a way to fit anything on our markers. I am thinking about putting a nuclear reactor on my MR2 so I will never run out of power in the middle of the game.(I have to give credit for that to the white board)

I would love to see how you put the cyclone on the MR2 sounds like a great idea.

JeremyO
02-06-2007, 01:24 PM
If I try to go full auto with my MR2 it like miss-fires and starts just clicking and I have to re-cock it. I have and eveloution hopper. Is my hopper just not fast enough or should it be doing that?

boomerisnuts
02-06-2007, 01:42 PM
The hopper is fast enough the acs bolt stopped a chop, thats all. i dont know i really posted here but this thread cought my eye...
boomer

lucifer_sam
02-06-2007, 02:45 PM
Even though the Pulse is more expensive and the Halo B V35 can feed 35 bps, both are essentially inadequate compared to the Empire Reloader B. It is a modified mechanical system of the Halo B, using the same drive, same agitator, except it operates through sound, and not eyes.

The Halo B is temperamental in this regard. ESPECIALLY for the MR2, whose high operating pressure makes it prone to such inadequacies as chamber breaks. With mine, the paint has a tendency to shoot up the feedneck, and God knows what that does to eyes. Not to mention, you can't even try to use paint with dark-colored shells; it will absorb the infrared radiation, causing the mechanism to believe there is no ball in the feedneck, and activating itself. And then it gets worse. With the V35 board, you can chop thirty to sixty paintballs before you have the opportunity to turn it off or engage the rip drive.

Although I admit I don't know much about the Pulse system, I heard some people complaining that the sound-activated mechanism actually lags behind due to an inefficient board. For instance, a player may ramp, engaging full auto, hearing the motor start and stop whirring after every shot. However, after about every tenth shot, the lag catches up to the operating speed of the board (which will be much much quicker with a T-board, BTW), and the motor allows the gun to dry-fire. This may not be much of a downside, but for the third-costliest feed system on the planet (behind the Q & warpfeed systems), I suggest you find an alternative.

Get the Reloader B - sound activated, board proven to 22+ BPS and upgradable in accord with the Odyssey aftermarket upgrades.

Glasher
02-06-2007, 03:04 PM
All of what he said, but lucifer with Halo B you should be fine if the ball goes up in the feedneck you might want o-ringed bolt, that fixed my prob if it still do it then a regulator will 110% sure to cure it.

Jarhead
02-06-2007, 04:10 PM
Even though the Pulse is more expensive and the Halo B V35 can feed 35 bps, both are essentially inadequate compared to the Empire Reloader B. It is a modified mechanical system of the Halo B, using the same drive, same agitator, except it operates through sound, and not eyes.

The Halo B is temperamental in this regard. ESPECIALLY for the MR2, whose high operating pressure makes it prone to such inadequacies as chamber breaks. With mine, the paint has a tendency to shoot up the feedneck, and God knows what that does to eyes. Not to mention, you can't even try to use paint with dark-colored shells; it will absorb the infrared radiation, causing the mechanism to believe there is no ball in the feedneck, and activating itself. And then it gets worse. With the V35 board, you can chop thirty to sixty paintballs before you have the opportunity to turn it off or engage the rip drive.

Although I admit I don't know much about the Pulse system, I heard some people complaining that the sound-activated mechanism actually lags behind due to an inefficient board. For instance, a player may ramp, engaging full auto, hearing the motor start and stop whirring after every shot. However, after about every tenth shot, the lag catches up to the operating speed of the board (which will be much much quicker with a T-board, BTW), and the motor allows the gun to dry-fire. This may not be much of a downside, but for the third-costliest feed system on the planet (behind the Q & warpfeed systems), I suggest you find an alternative.

Get the Reloader B - sound activated, board proven to 22+ BPS and upgradable in accord with the Odyssey aftermarket upgrades.

I have a Halo B and I have never had any of the problems you described. As a matter of fact I have not heard of any of this from our field or Pro shop. Where did you come by this?

ViperX
02-06-2007, 09:47 PM
It's not infrared "radiation...lol. They are just LED's that use a different spetrum of light not visible to the human eye. Same technology at the tip of your remote control.

And exactly how do your balls blow back up your feedneck when using a halo (forcefed) B?

I have to say, the halo b with the v35 cured all my chopping problems. With the v35 I'm able to choose a good feed rate(setting #3) that matches the full auto on the marker.

JeremyO
02-08-2007, 01:51 PM
The hopper is fast enough the acs bolt stopped a chop, thats all. i dont know i really posted here but this thread cought my eye...
boomer
so how do I keep it from doing that as much, cause i can't get more than five rounds out on full auto.

thorgar
02-09-2007, 08:26 AM
i just got the kingman 18v lcd fasta hopper and let me tell you its crazy fast just the same as a halo b and its a lot cheaper only 97 shipped on ebay and not much more on online stores well its just my 2 cents

ViperX
02-09-2007, 09:21 AM
Thorgar:

Have you used the FASTA with the MR2 yet? Does it perform well under full auto with out any chops?

I think there was some issue with that hopper in another thread and the issue of blowback with the MR2.

Are you using a stock MR2 setup or do you have an upgraded bolt?

I know you just said you got it but please let us know what you think of it after using it with the MR2.

I'm interested in the FASTA because of it's ball capacity, but I still have a halo b that works great so far, just don't like its profile and I'm discouaged from the q-loader because of it's limited capacity.

chagrinback49
02-10-2007, 03:50 PM
i was wondering if a evlution 3 is better than a halo/reloader b and if itll help me chop less? has anyone had expirence ith this.

chagrinback49
02-11-2007, 02:47 PM
and is the eggy 3 a force fed hopper?

zincUSA
02-12-2007, 01:07 PM
I use the egg3 with my MR2 and have had no problems on any fire mode. Yesterday I fed another hopper through auto with no breaks, at 10 to 15 round bursts.

Yes, its force fed.

chagrinback49
02-12-2007, 01:17 PM
ok thnks

Hob Hayward
02-12-2007, 01:18 PM
Technically its not actually force fed, its semi-force fed - kinda halfway between a HaloB/EmpireB and a Revvy.

Chagrinback49, the Eggy 3 is NOT faster than the halo or empire, however, it is as fast as most people will ever need, and it will help you to stop chopping.

chagrinback49
02-12-2007, 01:21 PM
ok thnks tht exactly wht i needed

chagrinback49
02-14-2007, 07:24 AM
sry for all the questions but just one more to ask. how about the fasta. is it force fed? does it perform well? is it better than a halo/ reloader b? and the most important will it cure my chopping problems?????

Thnks Alot

Backmanshooter
02-14-2007, 07:26 AM
http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=7336&page=3

Check that out.

chagrinback49
02-14-2007, 07:29 AM
ino i was just there. didnt really answer my question

The Booth Man
02-14-2007, 11:32 AM
sry for all the questions but just one more to ask. how about the fasta. is it force fed? does it perform well? is it better than a halo/ reloader b? and the most important will it cure my chopping problems?????

Thnks Alot

No the Fasta is not force fed in the sense that it will still allow balls to popcorn up the feedneck. It is the same design as the Apache loaders and the Tippmann Triumph SSL-200. Because of the design, it will not prevent the kind of chops that most MR2 owners experience.

Maxx-Damage
02-14-2007, 11:50 AM
So basically i read most of this, and so whats the best hopper for the MR2?

Just so we could sumerize this thread....

Backmanshooter
02-14-2007, 11:51 AM
Halo B/Reloader B. ;)

thorgar
02-15-2007, 03:01 PM
well just got done playing and the fasta worked perfect even on full auto no breaks just kept shooting my friends were amazed they have A5s and they all want to get a e-triger for their guns now oyeah and my gun is stock expect a 14" j&j

fulanoderock
03-18-2007, 09:10 PM
well just got done playing and the fasta worked perfect even on full auto no breaks just kept shooting my friends were amazed they have A5s and they all want to get a e-triger for their guns now oyeah and my gun is stock expect a 14" j&j

is that with the 18v or 9 volt??

lugate01
11-30-2011, 05:15 PM
Its been years but here it is if anyone is still in this thread... My cyclone fed mr2... http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=159754437401412&set=a.148088995234623.27725.148004838576372&type=3&theater