PDA

View Full Version : co2

justjezzy
12-28-2006, 12:32 PM
hey all remember me? (the noobis) lol

do you reccomend an expansion chamber for co2?
also if i have a co2 tank and i run out can i get it filled at wal-mart or a paintball place? i see that they fill "compressed air tanks" is that the same as co2?

Hoppy11
12-28-2006, 12:47 PM
What I recomend for Co2 is an anti siphon, and a good regulator that can handle Co2 like a Palmers Stabilizor. An expansion chamber is better served as just a fore grip then actually helping the functioning of the gun, but it won't hurt the functioning of the gun either. Im not sure if wal-mart fills Co2.. Im going to say no, but don't quote me on it and any paintball shop or feild should be able to fill Co2. Compressed Air is not the same as Co2 it is what it says and it is Compressed Air into basically a mini scuba tank and you can not put Co2 in these tanks. Compressed Air tanks are used for high end markers that will not function properly on Co2. What gun do you own?

justjezzy
12-28-2006, 12:53 PM
just got a spyder pilot

PBBUM892
12-28-2006, 12:54 PM
Nope, Wal-Mart won't fill your co2, but The Sports Authority and D1ck's Sporting Goods will.

justjezzy
12-28-2006, 12:56 PM
do you have a ball park estimate as to how much it would be to fill per a 20oz. tank?

Hoppy11
12-28-2006, 12:57 PM
It should already have an expansion chamber on it and you should be able to just screw a Co2 tank on and be ready to roll.

justjezzy
12-28-2006, 01:00 PM
i meant to fill the co2 tank not the chamber or whatever lol
remember that I AM a noobis... hehe

bracer028
12-28-2006, 01:25 PM
2-3 bucks

xtraking
12-28-2006, 03:00 PM
hey all remember me? (the noobis) lol

do you reccomend an expansion chamber for co2? Nah, They are pretty much a waste, get a nice regulator for c02, such as a palmers stab, ergo, or torpedo.
also if i have a co2 tank and i run out can i get it filled at wal-mart or a paintball place?Well Wal-mart does not fill tanks, and ****s does, but they suck at it. Try and find a local shop if you can. i see that they fill "compressed air tanks" is that the same as co2? No, compressed air, is completley different from C02. Thats why there are 2 different types of tanks, the normal c02 tanks, and then compressed air tanks.

Hope i helped.

Oh and it should cost around 3-4 bucks to get a 20 oz filled. ****s charges aroudn 4-5 i believe though.

justjezzy
12-28-2006, 04:32 PM
ok cool, thanks guys!

Abe2112
12-28-2006, 06:18 PM
If you are running compressed air...do you even need a regulator or does the tank pretty much do the job for you?

xtraking
12-28-2006, 06:46 PM
Okay heres a few lessons...
Co2 tank- When c02 is released out of the tank, you really do not know what pressure you are going to get... that is why you can sever velocity spikes with a c02 tank if you arent running a regulator setup.
Now with compressed air tanks, the regulator on the tank regulates the air coming out of the tank. On hp tanks, it is usually preset to around 850 psi. On Lp i believe its usually 450, not 100% positive though.
But just because those tanks have regs, doesnt mean you should neglect the use of a secondary reg. A vertical reg, will then take that preset pressure out of the tank, and then regulate the air even more as it will travel an even shorter distance to the valve.
So no you do not need a regulator, but probably 99.9% of people who have compressed air tanks, use a secondary reg... for a reason.

Wow i havent talked about this stuff in ages... lots of cobwebs i gotta clean out of my head.

Abe2112
12-28-2006, 07:09 PM
Well sorry to sound retarded, but will my compressed air still work good with a expansion chamber?

vikingshadow
12-28-2006, 07:21 PM
In this case ^^^ the expansion chamber is a waste and just acts as a gas thru grip. The expansion chamber allows Co2 to "expand" from a liquid to a gas.

Totally useless for HPA, but won't hurt it either. A reg is still the best bet for both Co2 AND HPA.

I know what you mean Xtra - I have to think pretty hard to remember all this stuff as it's been awhile - especially on Co2...

xtraking
12-28-2006, 07:24 PM
Haha no worries... it will stick work well with an expansion chamber. In theory, an expansion chamber is suppsoed to hold the c02 and let it expand more, reducing liquid c02 into the gun. Notice i said in theory. Really expansion chambers only act like foregrips. So really having the expansion chamber will serve only as a grip to you now.
1. If you play on going LP (go for efficency not low pressure) you need a regulator just to regulate a lower pressure then 850.
2. I dont reccomend anything besides a hp present tank. You can use them on basically anything.
3. If you do decide to get a compressed air tank, i strongly reccomend a Crossfire (you will see people calling them crossys.)

Cheers.

Abe2112
12-28-2006, 07:41 PM
Oops I already bought 68 ci 3000 psi PMI tank

fxdbi
12-28-2006, 09:27 PM
My local wal-mart does not fill tanks, but they have a tank exchange program, similar to the lp propane exchange. It's 4.88 for 9oz co2 and 7.88 for 20oz co2. I know Abe said the purchase was already made for the compressed air tank - but still thought I would share that sometimes there is a tank exchange program.