PDA

View Full Version : Which barrel should I buy??

BucsFan78
12-27-2006, 04:14 PM
I am new to PB and just bought a TL-R. I have been looking into upgades and it seems the best thing to upgrade first is the barrel. I have been looking into different barrels, I dont have a lot to spend but I want something somewhat good. I found this teardrop from Smart Parts for around $40. It looks good but wanted another opinion on it. Is it good or should I look at something else (around that price range)? I play mostly woodsball. Let me know what you guys think.

bamf-hacker
12-27-2006, 04:19 PM
Welcome to SOC....

If you only have about $40 to spend look into the J&J ceramics. Excellent barrel for your money.

Do a quick search here for barrels and you will get a plethora of information.

SparkyGT
12-27-2006, 10:12 PM
JnJ i have used is a good barrell, also liked the smart parts, now have evil pipe kit

bigred76
12-27-2006, 10:55 PM
Welcome to the boards! Hope you enjoy your stay here and learn a bunch about your marker and the wonderful sport they call "paintball!"

Teardrops I wouldn't spend more than $35 on. I'd also sugest CP One Pieces, J&J's (as previously stated), Progressives All Americans, and UL's (they're a bit pricier, the last two I listed... Probably about $50 for them...). Used would be a good bet for a barrel as the resale on them isn't that high and the condition, although varying, can be found in LNIB if you look hard enough.

BucsFan78
12-28-2006, 04:16 PM
Thanks for all the help guys. I finally bought the SP 16" Progressive Barrel. A guy had one and let me shoot it on my gun for a while. It seemed pretty good, so I checked online and found one for about $25.