PDA

View Full Version : Damn, my gun is jammed and I cant get it out

Abe2112
12-27-2006, 12:15 PM
My gun got jammed. There is a small piece of shell between the bolt and the frame and I dont want to mess it up anymore because I already chipped part of my bolt :(. I dont know how to get it out.

vikingshadow
12-27-2006, 12:51 PM
Do you have a rubber mallet? If so, hit the bolt pin with it a couple good smacks. Should loosen it up some. You could also stick a dowel rod in the front of your gun and hit the end of the rod with a hammer - gently, but with enough force to knock it free.

MVS1
12-27-2006, 12:51 PM
What type of marker do you have??? Irregardless, if you'd tried pullin the bolt out, pushing it out with a battle swab (or similiar item) and that didn't work, as a last resort try stripping your marker down to the body and soak it in a bucket of water. That should soften the shell and allow you to remove the bolt. Be sure and remove as much as you can and especially any electronic components. When your done thoroughly dry the body and lub o-rings as you put everything back together. G' Luck.

Abe2112
12-27-2006, 02:22 PM
Nope, Still doesnt work. I soaked it in water, tried everthing i cvould to tap it out. No luck. im so mad

DRAGON
12-27-2006, 02:36 PM
YOU SOAKED WHAT IN WATER!!!! Always get a few views before doing something that drastic lol -

Remove the bolt pin(if it's top cocking. You never mentioned what type of marker it is), remove the quick strip pin...back cap...spring & spring guide, as Vik stated, use something like a dowel rod in the front of the bolt then use a regular hammer to knock the bolt out through the back -

Now that you soaked it in water you're going to need to take the whole marker apart(including the valve) and get all of the water out of it. If you soaked an electronic trigger frame in water.....good luck lol -

Abe2112
12-27-2006, 02:47 PM
I took everything off before putting it in water. I dont know what to tap the bolt with because my bolt is very fragile. What is a bolt pin and a dowell rod. I have a Victor

Edit: I figured out what that rod was and i dont have one. Im so screwed, I really hope I didnt mess with my guns accuracy

DRAGON
12-27-2006, 02:53 PM
Victor doesn't have a bolt pin. Remove the quick strip pin...back cap...spring & spring guide, use something like a dowel rod(a round thing made of wood) in the front of the bolt then use a regular hammer to knock the bolt out through the back. I really don't know what else to tell you, look in your owners manual for part names. If you can't handle that, just take it to a pro shop and have them fix it for you -

Abe2112
12-27-2006, 03:31 PM
Thank god I finally fixed it with some wierd plastic thing in my basement. I dont thin i've ever been so upset over something like that

bigred76
12-27-2006, 11:18 PM
I finally fixed it with some wierd plastic thing in my basement
*car screeching to a stop's sound* That's all I read in this entire thread that really caught my eye. It scares me that you fixed it with something plastic in the basement, especially a "wierd plastic thing...."

I have to ask... what did you use to fix it, and are you sure you fixed it, or is it just 'fixed?'

Next time, just put the body (Wrapped in a towel or the like, of course! Don't want to damage it!) into a vice, and just smack that sucker out with a dowel (or something else wooden that won't scratch anything) and a hammer/mallet.

xtraking
12-28-2006, 09:13 AM
It really shouldnt be that complicated. Get a dowel, and push. And what kind of bolt do you have that is so "Fragile" pronounced as fra-jile-ay :) .

calebh
12-28-2006, 09:16 AM
rofl we always just used a screwdriver and hammer. no dowells or rubber mallets out on the field. ive also used squeegees and rocks lol. if theres a ghetto way to fix a marker, ive probly done it lol

Abe2112
12-28-2006, 05:21 PM
*car screeching to a stop's sound* That's all I read in this entire thread that really caught my eye. It scares me that you fixed it with something plastic in the basement, especially a "wierd plastic thing...."

I have to ask... what did you use to fix it, and are you sure you fixed it, or is it just 'fixed?'

Next time, just put the body (Wrapped in a towel or the like, of course! Don't want to damage it!) into a vice, and just smack that sucker out with a dowel (or something else wooden that won't scratch anything) and a hammer/mallet.

It was like a small PVC pipe and I swear, when I cut the piece of pvc it looked exactly like the ACS bolt. And it was perfect, I tapped the bolt right out.