PDA

View Full Version : MR2 - ACS Not working at all even with Halo B!!!

PandaTruenoGTS
01-15-2006, 04:10 PM
My MR2 is completely stock, but the "anti-chop system" bolt chops more paint than I have ever seen in my life. So far I have shot: Scorche, Diablo Heat,and Evil Midevil paint. The Evil paint matches the barrel fine. No matter what I use whether it be Semi, burst, or full auto I might get 6 clear shots and it chops so hard the inside of the halo b was full of splatter. Usually it chops so hard the gun will no longer feed. I even tried using semi and shooting slowly and it still chops at around the 8th ball or so. I can't figure it out at all. According to the instruction it will chop unless you have a loader capable of 12-13 bps, so I bought a TSA.. chopped paint... so I borrowed a halo b, chopped even more paint. Also note that I tried it with the velocity up high, medium , and all the way down. I'v tore it apart and cleaned it everytime it does this and went by the instruction that claim that the only oiling to be done is through the air inlet. If no one can help me resolve this problem I'm going to send it back to kingman and demand a full refund for the gun and the barrel I had to buy cause the one I wanted wouldn't fit. This isnt acceptable for a $250 gun. Some might say "well $250 is still a cheap gun", but I could give you this gun and beat you with a $30 talon pump because by the time you squeeze off 10 rounds I could run up on you and get you with one shot while your taking the time to clean the whole gun.

Santy
01-15-2006, 04:21 PM
the acs bolt has to be broken in first, thats why u're chopping, either stick a swab in the feedneck and fire about 1000 times, or save air and take the bolt out and just push from both ends about 1000 times, depressing the spring inside and breaking it in

DRAGON
01-15-2006, 04:33 PM
Geez, get your panties out of a bind. Break the bolt in and HALO's push the balls past the detents in a lot of markers. Get a Zeggo and it will keep up with the rof and not force balls past the detents -

PandaTruenoGTS
01-15-2006, 04:34 PM
yeah after posting I went to the electra forum and read about it there. Thats what I was thinking but the thought never really crossed my mind about a break in period, i thought maybe the spring was just defective cause when I put my finger in there it seemed like it was hitting way too hard. time to find out if I can count to 1000 (haha) Thanks for the help though, I really love this gun, I'm glad its something simple cause I really would like to keep this marker. Thanks!

DRAGON
01-15-2006, 04:40 PM
BTW....welcome to the forums and if you have any other Q's, don't hesetate to ask here. There's plenty of people that can guide you in the right direction -

PandaTruenoGTS
01-15-2006, 04:44 PM
this is good finger exersize.. haha, and thanks for the welcome note, sorry to have sounded so uptight in the first post, but how easy is it to get aggrivated when you spend your hard earned money on something and cant figure out why it doesnt work? im sure you know where i was comming from but thanks again!

Voodoo27909
01-20-2006, 09:18 AM
Im not sure that I buy into the whole "Needs to be broken in" theory. Im more inclined to point toward the detent as the cause. I bought two of these markers myself...and have the same issue with any electronic hopper on both MR2's. The detent is allowing a double feed into the barrell...the only thing that is going to fix this is for Kingman to come out with a better detent. Warranty...right??

DRAGON
01-20-2006, 09:42 AM
that's a possibility. they have the old style rubber nubby detent right? -

durrell
01-20-2006, 11:19 AM
that's a possibility. they have the old style rubber nubby detent right? -

I figured they had the ball style detent, not positive.

nitrobassboats
01-20-2006, 01:14 PM
is rubber detent nubby u r correct dragon
\nitro

phatphil
01-20-2006, 02:05 PM
Im not sure that I buy into the whole "Needs to be broken in" theory. Im more inclined to point toward the detent as the cause. I bought two of these markers myself...and have the same issue with any electronic hopper on both MR2's. The detent is allowing a double feed into the barrell...the only thing that is going to fix this is for Kingman to come out with a better detent. Warranty...right??
I have my doubts, it sounds like the bolt. Especially considering almost everyone that comes on here with an ACS bolt has to break it in. Stick a barrel swab down the feedneck and dry fire a whole tank of air to break the spring in. 1000-1500 shots should be enough. Then try it.

Are the rubber detents Kingman uses timmy detents like in Piranhas? The spyders I've seen have had the metal ball detents so I'm not sure. If so try some soft timmy detents (black).

Voodoo27909
01-20-2006, 08:51 PM
These detents are a silicone type material, look alot like a pencil point, and have a flat backing that are of the same material, only to large to fit into the detent hole in the marker...so that only the pointy rubbery extremely flexable part is in the chamber. Looks very cheap, and hurried...not at all what im used to from Kingman

DRAGON
01-20-2006, 09:23 PM
"DETENT - Integrated under the angled feed port's braces. Not a standard Kingman left-side ball-bearing." http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/4226/

bigred76
01-20-2006, 09:35 PM
It's like the ball stop (http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=3wqEGMmR6suE64pAC_FEsMNYFkDELCQqKTc=?Pro ductID=E1KsFAY7jGMAAAD3M%2eGlA_2s) on old style Sonixes?

phatphil
01-21-2006, 07:06 AM
Can you take a pic of the detents? Do they look like this? http://www.compulsivepaintball.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=15799

Voodoo27909
01-21-2006, 11:27 PM
Nope...they are thin and come to a point, like a pencil lead. Orange in color. All the posts that claim they are breaking paint are correct....and in my case, I was using xball bronze, fresh paint, not under or over sized paint, four different brand electronic hoppers, and two different MR2 markers. Its a crappy detent, and its allowing paint to double feed. The marker is a good one, other than this detent issue. If Kingman addresses this fairly quickly, it will be a highly sought after marker. If they continue to blame it on paint, loaders, ignorance from the user (such is the case of the reply to my EMAIL from Kingman) ...its going to get a bad reputation in short order

phatphil
01-22-2006, 07:47 AM
Did you try another detent? If they are the same diameter on the base you could try a timmy detent, or mod one to fit at least until Kingman fixes them. Can you take a picture of this detent?

SpudmanWP
01-22-2006, 12:59 PM
Pardon my ignorance... but I Googled for zeggo and came up nill ;(

Is it short for something?

covert24
01-22-2006, 01:01 PM
suearch for evoltion paintball./ ull see wut we are talking about. its reallyu short for z-board evolution egg hopper

Sac
01-22-2006, 03:26 PM
get hard timmy detents.

phatphil
01-22-2006, 04:39 PM

Z-Boarded Eggy (Evolution II), http://www.viewloader.com/

DRAGON
01-22-2006, 04:42 PM

To be specific. it's a Viewloader Evolution hopper that has an aftermarker Viewloader Z-board installed........Eggo, Egg(since it looks like one too) is a slang for the hopper and add the 'Z' and you get Zeggo -

Phat beat me to it...............

SpudmanWP
01-22-2006, 08:09 PM
Since the Y-board goes 19 bps and the Z-board goes 23 bps.... Is the only diff?

Voodoo27909
01-23-2006, 08:15 AM
There is no substitute for this detent. It isnt like any normal detent. You cant simply start trying other brands until you find one that works....and shouldnt Kingman be the one's to find a fix?

phatphil
01-23-2006, 11:30 AM
Since the Y-board goes 19 bps and the Z-board goes 23 bps.... Is the only diff?
Or Viewloader says they go that fast... they really don't. But yes basically it's just the Z-board is a few bps faster then the Y-board. (Y-board comes stock in eggs now).

There is no substitute for this detent. It isnt like any normal detent. You cant simply start trying other brands until you find one that works....and shouldnt Kingman be the one's to find a fix?
Can you please take a picture of it? So we can see what they look like...

ad0131065
01-23-2006, 12:43 PM
lol...yeah that would be helpful