PDA

View Full Version : Large problem, please help. (VS3)

Reedoc
12-26-2006, 07:35 PM
Ok, so i get my gun. Blah blah, shoots like a dream at first. I take it apart for first cleaning....first off....I have no idea what I'm doing. I am almost completely new to paintball...well at least electronic markers such as the VS3. My problems started off with balls getting stuck in the barrel and coming out chopped up. The gun just stopped cocking after a while completely. So, i squeegeed the barrel and other insides and here comes the nail biter...i used WD 40. A horrible mistake...so i hear. Well, i did my best to wipe that from everything.

Well, i started looking through the manual and such and then began to dry fire at good speeds. Dry fire, the gun was flawless. But after i put one ball in....it went about 10 feet. Literally, no where. I figured "My god, what am i gonna do..i have no idea what im doing with this thing"...and i just took a nap.

After waking up and having a nice bagel with some milk, I figured I'd attempt some more shots with my gun. As i turn the regulator knob more and more towards on..i hear more and more air coming out. It was coming out right below the handle, above the asa.

I don't know if its the cold weather, the Co2, cracked O rings, or me not knowing what the hell I'm doing....just someone...please help.

foretwoone
12-26-2006, 07:47 PM
Sounds like you should probably get a mech, lol. No offense, its just that im a strong believer that peoples first guns should be mech spyders, real simple machines.

Reedoc
12-26-2006, 07:49 PM
Awe.

Hossy
12-26-2006, 07:50 PM
was the bagel good?

screw the hose in, if that is already done, get teflon tape.

the on off knob you mean? well its pushing the air out, so that is what is leaking.

when you dryfired, was the va up high?

Hossy
12-26-2006, 07:51 PM
Sounds like you should probably get a mech, lol. No offense, its just that im a strong believer that peoples first guns should be mech spyders, real simple machines.

it doesnt matter.
my first gun was a spyder with the CAMD frame on it, and look where i am now :)

i bet you could use alot of the people on here as examples too

Reedoc
12-26-2006, 07:59 PM
was the bagel good?

screw the hose in, if that is already done, get teflon tape.

the on off knob you mean? well its pushing the air out, so that is what is leaking.

when you dryfired, was the va up high?

Teflon tape? (noob question *sigh*)

But i do believe that the VS was pretty high.

And about the ON/OFF knob....that could be where it's coming from. Grrr, is there like....a shop i can take it to and get real life explanation.

sixpackdragon
12-26-2006, 10:07 PM
I figured "My god, what am i gonna do..i have no idea what im doing with this thing"...and i just took a nap.After waking up and having a nice bagel with some milk, I figured I'd attempt some more shots with my gun.

wow that wuz funny omg.....sry about yer gun tho

TheRedBarron
12-26-2006, 10:13 PM
Hmmm...

Starters, read the manual before using your next gun.

Secondly, Co2, cold weather=frozen chunks of ice shooting into your marker at high rates=clogged airlines, broken Orings, leaks. Clogged airlines, broken Orings and leaks= lack of distance, lack of distance+fast cycling of a marker=1 or 2 balls stuck in barrel, 1 or 2 balls stuck in barrel+more shooting=more balls stuck in barrel....

Problem solved. Co2+cold weather+ VS=no no. VS's are meant to be run with HPA anyway.

like my math?

bigred76
12-26-2006, 10:24 PM
Massive :yeahthat:. I know, manuals suck... but in a marker like this you really need to understand how it works.

foretwoone
12-27-2006, 07:05 AM
I up what BigRed said. I have taken tons of spyders appart, to me one was no different then the next, but i still managed to screw my vs3 up when i got it by pulling too hard on the lock cocking knob on the bolt. Paintball is a sport of love and money, and whoever says otherwise is lying through there teeth, so take time to sit down and learn your gun, and have a little extra cash because you more than likely will eventually screw something up.

Kingman-Rep
12-27-2006, 08:38 AM
if you really want to fix the VS yourself, i would suggest calling one of our techs to walk you through the ordeal. Tell them you want to fix it youself and would appreciate them walking you through the repair. Or you could just send it back to us and we will go through and repair the whole thing for you.

Reedoc
12-27-2006, 12:31 PM
Problem solved fellas, i took it in to a pro shop. Went home, had a couple waffles with syrup. Good ****...anyway, i went back and it was all fixed up. Needed a new cup seal....faulty manufacturing according to them. The leak was a broken o ring from the Co2.....

Noob Reedoc - out.

Opteron-O3
12-28-2006, 08:50 AM
It sounds like he has the bolt in upside down... take the bolt out and make sure the hole is on the bottom.

Oops just realized he solved the problem :P

TheRedBarron
12-28-2006, 12:18 PM
The leak was a broken o ring from the Co2.....

Told ya so :p