PDA

View Full Version : just help(dont ask) lol

justjezzy
12-26-2006, 08:21 PM
hi all, iam just getting into paintball so iam a TOTAL noob! you dont understand what i mean when i say "TOTAL". (as in "this is my FIRST gun") :p

so so really, i need a total begginer-freindly marker. i need a gun thats good for all types of paintball. (mostly speedball) (but really ALL types)

ive heard of the spyder pilot, ive seen this gun and really like it but it seems like the trigger is a little far back from the handle thing making it hard to shoot fast.

ive also heard of the spyder MR1 this gun is really cool too it just seems like a less quality gun then the pilot(wrong?)
since iam a total noob id rather get a gun that is able to just shoot right out of the box and doesent need upgrades.

ive been looking through your old posts and it seems like u guys are aginst
co2 (wrong?) is co2 ok? agian iam a begginer so id rather stay simple if i can (aka co2) iam so confused about all this gun stuff.. akkk i dont even know half the gun people say. so over all i need something:

1 durible
2 begginer friendly
3 double on above
4 able to use in speedball as well as something like senario or woods.

ok in your answer could you first tell me which is better the MR1 or pilot, and then tell me your personal choise for my situation.

i know i know this is longggggg but i really really am thankful for your help!!!!

Jimmyd24
12-26-2006, 08:30 PM
co2's perfectly fine for wut your playing for.
gun wise, pilot is fine. however, i would suggest getting an imagine and then putting some upgrades into it and it will be like the same price as the pilot but beter

Hossy
12-26-2006, 08:30 PM
hi all, iam just getting into paintball so iam a TOTAL noob! you dont understand what i mean when i say "TOTAL". (as in "this is my FIRST gun") :p

so so really, i need a total begginer-freindly marker. i need a gun thats good for all types of paintball. (mostly speedball) (but really ALL types)

ive heard of the spyder pilot, ive seen this gun and really like it but it seems like the trigger is a little far back from the handle thing making it hard to shoot fast.

ive also heard of the spyder MR1 this gun is really cool too it just seems like a less quality gun then the pilot(wrong?)
since iam a total noob id rather get a gun that is able to just shoot right out of the box and doesent need upgrades.

ive been looking through your old posts and it seems like u guys are aginst
co2 (wrong?) is co2 ok? agian iam a begginer so id rather stay simple if i can (aka co2) iam so confused about all this gun stuff.. akkk i dont even know half the gun people say. so over all i need something:

1 durible
2 begginer friendly
3 double on above
4 able to use in speedball as well as something like senario or woods.

ok in your answer could you first tell me which is better the MR1 or pilot, and then tell me your personal choise for my situation.

i know i know this is longggggg but i really really am thankful for your help!!!!

spyders are right out of the box guns, and well, co2 is fine for spyders, but HPA is the best for any gun.

get the pilot

bamf-hacker
12-26-2006, 08:34 PM
Welcome to SOC.....

First off if you are interested in Speedball you are going to want an Electronic marker. So the MR1 is out.

The Pilot is a good choice, but for a better bang for your buck I would look at the new VS2 marker. It has eyes in the breech to help prevent ball chops and has a built in regulator. That would serve well for speedball and woodsball.

No CO2 is not bad, the reason you may have thought so from the posts is that HPA is BETTER :). If you must use CO2 get the tank anti-siphoned so that you will not send liquid CO2 through your gun. That is what is bad about CO2.

And above all the rest you need to go to the PB Bible and READ EVERYTHING...

www.ottersccustoms.com

Again welcome to the boards and don't forget the goggles ;)

justjezzy
12-26-2006, 09:00 PM
lol the goggles are were iam going over board :P gonna loom like a fool when i show up in a Pb helmet that looks like a motocross...

ive heard terrible storys of peoples guns "freezing" in speedball when using
co2(false?)
the pilot, what about it being hard to fire fast? (like being to far away from handle thing).

thatnks for that link, i will. ive heard many bad thing about the pilot as well. they say " only takes the best paint" or "chops a whole lot, but stops after LONG break-in period. or the thing about it being hard to rapid-fire.

i know how expensive good paint is, iam willing to use good paint in real games but for target practice do you think i could use cheap paint? (wal-mart)? what about rubber reuseable paintballs ive heard about?

this is cool having a whole site about people who acually know about this stuff.

p.s. you response time was amazing! i expected at leaset 2-3 days before i got enough info!

justjezzy
12-26-2006, 09:02 PM
oh also, should i get a longer barrel? if so how long? i would rather not replace it (just because i think this 1 looks so cool) i i can if needed.

calebh
12-26-2006, 09:09 PM
14 inches is about as long as you'll want... beyond that is pretty much wasteful and useless.

markers can freeze up when you use co2. takes a lot of fast shooting, tho.

if you MUST buy paint from walmart, make sure you get something from a decent brand. i know they sell pmi paint at wally world, which works pretty well for just messing around. try to find a fresh case. generally, if you get paint from a real pb store, it'll be decent enough quality to put thru a spyder.

oh, and with an electro, i STRONGLY reccomend an electronic loader. its the best thing you can do to prevent chops

and respect the response time :p

justjezzy
12-26-2006, 09:27 PM
yea ill definatly get an elc. hopper. also adding to my previus questions, say i get my pilot, what type of co2 do i use? i mean do i use 20gram(or ounce)? or 12 gram(or ounce) or 9 gram (or ounce). does it matter?

Nenkitsune
12-26-2006, 09:37 PM
it's 20oz, 12oz, and 9oz. the little cartriges are 12grams. a 20oz should last around 1000 shots on a stock spyder. a 12v revvy is a good hopper. so, revvy, 20oz tank, and the pilot should be a pretty good setup for you! it actually doesn't matter which size tank you use, but a 12oz and a 9oz won't last nearly as long as a 20oz. as for paint. Visible Impact at walmart is pretty good paint for any type of play for me. Re-ball is the rubber reusable rounds you can buy. a little pricy, but in the long run, it's worth it.

TheRedBarron
12-26-2006, 09:38 PM
Okay, as far as goggles go, a full helmet is not needed. I would spend a little extra money and get a good set of goggles though, JT proflex's DYE I3's, etc. Just about anything above $40 by JT or Vforce, and anything by Empire, or Dye. Get what you think looks best, is most comfy, and protects the most of your face. What you are looking for in a good goggle system is a lens that will not fog up, whether this be a thermal lens or some other form.

Marker... I would say that a Pilot is fine for a first marker, not too much that can go wrong with them, once you break in your ACS bolt (couple hundred shots dry fired with a squeegee or something int he breech should do the trick). More or less what you are looking for in a marker is something that is reliable, comfortable, upgradable, and suits your style of play. A Pilot is a rather easy to use electronic marker being that it operates similar to a mechanical marker, www.ottersccustoms.com will tell you all you need to know about this style marker.

Barrel...
10,12,14" only, I would not get a 16" just because a longer barrel does not add range contrary to popular belief. Get yourself a nice J&J ceramic, or Smart Parts Progressive, or Teardrop and find a good paint to match it (Otters site also explains this process)

Paint...
Walmart paint is the devil. they do not take very good care of it for starters, it is generally old by the time someone buys it from sitting in warehouses, so it will have dimples which will cause inaccuracy. Secondly they tend to carry cheaper brands and defaults for decent brands (PMI) this means that the shell on the paint is not to PMI's usual standard (which honestly isn't saying much for any paint that PMI rejects...) the fill is thin, they are inconsistent. etc. Walmart paint is the biggest cause of inaccuracy.

Co2 will be fine in your pilot, as a matter of fact many people have found that once you start upgrading, spyders sometimes shoot better with co2 then with HPA.

As Calbh stated, a electronic hopper will help feed balls into your Pilot faster which will help you with your rapid firing (High Rate of fire we call it high ROF) this will also help so you do not break as much paint when shooting at high ROF. A good electronic hopper is the Evolution II, or if you cannot spend the 45-55 on the Evolution (Eggy) you could get a Revolution which is slower but still able to do a decent job.

Welcome to the best forums around, we hope you stay and grow with us.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask them.

justjezzy
12-26-2006, 10:01 PM
ok i think thats it thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i can already tell this is the best site for PB put there. why? because i think you guys know what your talking about and the response time shows that its a thriving site.

oh ok 1 last 1! lol i know i should carry extra PBs into a game like on those waist things but should i bring extra air?

Nenkitsune
12-26-2006, 10:08 PM
you don't need extra air. one or two 20oz tanks will last an entire day usually. i don't carry extra paint because i try to conserve paint, and i dont have pods. but it is a good idea to carry a couple pods

TheRedBarron
12-26-2006, 10:19 PM
A pod pack, I knew I was forgetting somthing. Most pod packs carry 3,5 or 7 pods, I would suggest a good 5 pack, NXe, Empire, Dye, JT, Redz, all make good packs. A vertical pack tends to be better for speedball because of the ease of use. as for pods any 140 rnd pods will work, nothing too fancy as people tend to misplace them on the field etc. They are cheap so pick up a few extra.

mv540
12-27-2006, 12:27 PM

Well, actually you can adjust your trigger...far away or very tight...so that would not be an issue on the pilot.

fxdbi
12-28-2006, 09:54 PM
Well, actually you can adjust your trigger...far away or very tight...so that would not be an issue on the pilot.

Agreed - just got my pilot (non-acs version - upgrading soon tho) and shot some practice rounds through it and found that the trigger was a bit far from the electro switch for my taste.

Well, there were two screws - on at the top of the trigger just inside the frame that adjusted the distance on the pull from the switch and the other was a set screw in the middle of the trigger that adjusted the distance I could pull it.

So now, I have the trigger setup so it moves a max of about 1/8 out at the bottom and less up towards the pivot - makes it real nice and fast.

---add

I just realized it is not a stock trigger for the non acs pilot - it has the same trigger as the acs model does (not the newer frame tho with camd2).

pb34
12-29-2006, 07:05 AM
Don't think has been mentioned yet either. If you get the pilot ACS your going to want to break in the ACS bolt before you use the gun. All this involves is taking the bolt out and compressing the spring about 500 times. A little boring but in the end it will be worth it.

tnballer
01-06-2007, 07:09 PM
the pilot is the gun u want with a good loader u can squeeze off a lot with just minor adjustments to triger i have achieved 21 bps

killer48
01-06-2007, 08:24 PM
so if you havent already decided, how much $ do you have for your gear? you could get an imagine, eggy2, and a 45/3000 for about the price of a pilot.

bigred76
01-06-2007, 11:20 PM
This is an old thread... please look at the last post date before you post, TNBaller. Thanks!