View Full Version : Big problem, can i fix it?

12-26-2006, 06:18 PM
I pulled the cocking knob to show my friend how easy it is to take the bolt out, but the knob came out of the bolt and a spring came with it. The spring was inside the bolt, theres a screw onthe back of the bolt to put it back in, i just dont know what kind of spring to use, now my gun wont cock without the spring.

12-26-2006, 06:29 PM
there should've also beena little ball. the bolt should have the knob in, thena ball, a spring, then that screw that holds it all in. i dunno what you could use to replace those aprts. probably send an email to kingman and see what they could do

12-26-2006, 06:36 PM
Wow, that was great, dont even get to shoot the gun and problems already, so any idea if i can get it anywhere else?

12-26-2006, 06:56 PM
i can't think of any besides kingman. your best bet is to take that back screw out, and gut an older stock bolt with a top or side cocking knob. but i'm not sure if the parts are the same size. you could still use the gun, but the knob has a chance of popping out probably.

12-27-2006, 07:21 AM
if it's brand new I'd just call Kingman...

12-27-2006, 07:59 AM
if it's brand new I'd just call Kingman...
Since it is new don't mess with it, take advantage of the warranty. Sounds like the QC on the production line missed one.

12-27-2006, 10:10 AM
I'll quote what Kingman-Rep said in the other "Fix-It" thread in these forums...

if you really want to fix the VS yourself, i would suggest calling one of our techs to walk you through the ordeal. Tell them you want to fix it youself and would appreciate them walking you through the repair. Or you could just send it back to us and we will go through and repair the whole thing for you.

12-27-2006, 05:43 PM
There was another thread about this... unless your local shop has the parts in stock, all that can be done is to ship it back to kingman. I can say you're not alone on this. If you find the parts, check through for the other thread, I wrote a 'how-to' to put it back together...That or you can call kingman and they could probably walk you through it.