PDA

View Full Version : Leaky remote line...

Bear foot inc
12-26-2006, 07:46 AM
Hi,
I got a cheap remote line with the gun i bought and it leaks... take a look at this link to see one for sale like the one i have http://cgi.ebay.com/Remote-Coil-Paintball-Co2-Marker-Gun-Air-Hose-Tank-Line_W0QQitemZ290063994122QQihZ019QQcategoryZ83044 QQtcZphotoQQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It leaks from the quick disconnect place realy bad (like it would drain my 20oz tank in 40 seconds) Is there any thing i can do to stop that?
Thanks,
~Samuel

bigred76
12-28-2006, 01:38 AM
Hmm, which part of the disconnect is it leaking from? There are certain parts in there I wouldn't mess with and would just send the remote back, but as it's a good brand (CMI), it might just be a simple problem, depending on the local of the leak.

Bear foot inc
12-29-2006, 07:35 PM
Well i cant send it back. :( heres a photo of the part. The black cercle is were its leaking from and the red cercle is the part that turnes white from the cold. I'm not sure what the problum is. Any idea were i can buy the part that scruews on there?
Thanks,
~Samuel

druid
12-29-2006, 08:04 PM
hrm.....leaky slide-check. There's a Black Buna seal in there (Black rubber) that you probably need to add a drop or 2 of paintball oil to. Hydrate that seal a bit and let it soak (2 drops of oil MAX) into the seal for a day...then try it.

Bear foot inc
12-30-2006, 06:46 AM
Ok i'll try that. I need to get some oil so i'll try to get it today and then oil that sucker up good. I'll let you know if it works.
Thanks,
~Samuel