PDA

View Full Version : Viewloader Egg

Jimmyd24
12-25-2006, 08:12 PM
I have a few questions about an evolution 2

first, are they upgradable, like the boards and stuff

secondly, i heard that they can only detect dark paint?

08Lud08
12-25-2006, 08:35 PM
I think the only upgrade for the egg2 is a zboard, but if you want that you can get an egg3 because it comes with one stock. Also it shouldn't have problems seeing dark paint because it has break beam eyes. I use brown/darker brown shelled paint in mine and it has no problems. I like mine a lot but the only problem it seems unbalanced on some guns. On my imagine it made the gun feel perfectly balanced but on my new gun its not as balanced.

vikingshadow
12-25-2006, 08:36 PM
You can upgrade the stock Eggy (evolution II) from a Y board to a Z board, and there are a few different mods you can do to it if you want to mess with it a bit.

You heard wrong on the paint thing. My Zeggy could see any and all paint I used. I personally liked/like my Zeggy and never had problems with it - even though it appears others did (ie, never had broken doors or shells.)

Jimmyd24
12-25-2006, 08:39 PM
on the page it said that there a sensor that could detect dark paint, for some reason i assumed that it could only pick up that paint, it made sense to me after i posted this. thanks though. just look for a new hopper for my promaster that i got today.

08Lud08
12-25-2006, 08:40 PM
lol, you finally got it. Hope you have fun using it.

ballerfolife
12-26-2006, 06:47 AM
If you've got a Promaster save up a bit more and get a halo w/rip drive. A buddy of mine's brother has one and when i used my egg with it it wasn't keeping up and if it weren't for the eyes it would have chopped quite a few balls. I use an egg on my Pilot ACS and it keeps up fine but the Promaster's a lot faster.

vikingshadow
12-26-2006, 07:10 AM
The egg with a z board feeds consistantly at 17-22 bps, with advertised rates of 23 bps - I know with fresh Duracell Ultras it can go that fast, but not consistantly.

However, I don't see ANYONE out-shooting that with a promaster, or any gun that isn't getting assisted in some way (ramping, bounce, full auto, whatever.) The exception is some of these other outrageous guns I've seen lately (I had a friend who swears he wasn't bouncing or ramping that was hitting 26 bps on his Ego. I don't know, he has been playing for a long time and practicing constantly, but that speed is just too fast.)

Personally, I can shoot consistantly in a string of about 2-3 seconds at about 14 bps, a consistant string of 12-13 for more that that - not nearly as fast as some of these hot rods. Others I know can do about 15-17. Anyone who can consistantly rip out MORE than that in a string longer than a couple of seconds is, in my opinion, assisted in some way because fingers just aren't made to go that fast. If you say you can, I want to see a video because I call shens.

The egg will more than be capable of keeping up with everyone, especially if you z board it, and don't have the money for a faster loader. Now, all that being said, I actually prefer my Reloader B to the Zeggy, but that's a whole other story!

On a side note, why don't they have contests at these big events that really test a person's finger speed? Have them compete side by side, or individually with the same gun. Call it the "World's Fastest Shooter" or something. Now, I know speed like that is really useless in actual play, with accuracy and smarts being more important, and with field limits dropping to 15 bps in most places and tournaments lowering the acceptable rate making that speed really just for show, but wouldn't that be fun?

clickclicksplat
12-26-2006, 12:17 PM
alright, off-topic nub question here, but how do you accuratly measure your BPS?

and for the record I've used white-shelled marbs in my eggy without any kind of detection problems.

vikingshadow
12-26-2006, 01:34 PM
There are a couple of GOOD ways to do it.

1st - Fill your loader with a set number of balls. Then, have a buddy time you for 10 seconds while you fire as fast as you can. Count the number you have left in the loader, subtract from the number you started with and divide by 10. That's what you shot per second.

Example - 180 balls in your loader. After shooting for ten seconds, you count and have 70 left. 180 - 70 = 110 balls shot. Divide by 10 and you get 11 balls per second.

2nd - Use one of those new handheld white chronos - I can't remember what they're called, but a review was done on them in the review section here. I believe they're pretty accurate when reading bps...

Then there's the COMMON way to do it, and the way most noobs seem to want to do it -

Listen and guess how much you shoot, then report back to the forums that you shoot about 25 bps, but that can't be right so you're going to say about 20 bps, LOL!

Sorry, bad joke referring back to the days when everyone suddenly went from not being able to max the ESP rate of 14 to being able to shoot 30 bps, all in a matter of months.